PDA

View Full Version : worth it?

Jamie.
23-09-2006, 08:53 PM
**SITE NAME* Ltd, developer and publisher of the MMORPG adventure game R**REMOVED**, is looking for a talented website designer and user interface expert to join our technologies team.
Job role:
Working with our in-house technology and front end websites you would be responsible for the layout and interface design of our public facing websites and backend management systems. Your primary responsibilities would include:

Designing and implementing new websites with consideration for usability and functionality
Using your artistic approach to create unique designs that inspire our player community
Working closely with our programming team to implement UI prototypes
Creating user interfaces for our in-house software focussed on user efficiency
Essential requirements:

Highly proficient in hand crafted HTML, CSS and JavaScript
Experienced with multi-browser compatibility and data size limitations
Experienced in working with both static and dynamic content
Proven track record of creating well designed commercial websites
Excellent understanding of usability requirements and UI design
Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
Desirable:

Degree level education in a related subject
Experience in the industry or equivalent experience
Artistic background or examples of an artistic nature
Salary: £20k+ plus excellent benefits package including annual bonus, private health care and gym membership.

Application: Send your CV (as Word document) with covering letter and portfolio (screenshots of projects, not code) to:
**REMOVED**
We will contact you directly if we wish to proceed further with your application. Interviews will be held in the Cambridge office.

Worth it for when i few year older?

Jargit
23-09-2006, 08:55 PM
No Offensive But I Think A Site Like Runescape Would want Someone Who Basically Inveted HTML,PHP,CSS Etc.

Not some Teen That knows a few tips and tricks

Jamie.
23-09-2006, 08:55 PM
Read,

WHEN IM OLDER

actually i no html off the back of my hand and alot of css, javascript im working on

DuHast
23-09-2006, 08:59 PM
No Offensive But I Think A Site Like Runescape Would want Someone Who Basically Inveted HTML,PHP,CSS Etc.

Not some Teen That knows a few tips and tricks

You obviously have no clue... I won't bother taking the time to explain and keep countering pointless arguments based on no facts.

If it is indeed Runescape they will need JAVA programmers as well as Javascript, XHTML 1.0 and CSS2.

JoeComins
23-09-2006, 09:15 PM
Well said.

You have no-chance - EVER!

Its not making a basic site for them . . . This is a full-time job. Someone like Carl Baggs proberly wouldnt get it. No-one I know would get a job like that.

This is a multi-million dollar company. Some teenager, with some sort of idea of how to code in table, and how to add a style-sheet, isnt even going to be looked at. Maybe in 10 years time, youll have got out of college, and looked back on what youve just said, and thought, how sad was I?

Working on an isometric chat room would just be tedious. 20K a year? Not exactly alot from a 7 figure company.

HTML, CSS and JavaScript isnt going to make them pick you - Get real.

After Uni, youll see how sad this was, and if you went for something like that, how you would be blown out of the water. Just - No a cat in hells chance

Jargit
23-09-2006, 09:17 PM
Runescape Arn't Likely To Hire Anyone Under The Age Of 21, Or Anyone Who Hasnt Got Like A Diploma And Lots of Experience Under Their Belt

JoeComins
23-09-2006, 09:20 PM
Years of experiance, and more courses than you can count? You going to do that?

There will always be someone better than you - Aspire to be them.

You would never get this job, whatever you did, and whatever age

J0SH
23-09-2006, 10:18 PM
Runescape Arn't Likely To Hire Anyone Under The Age Of 21, Or Anyone Who Hasnt Got Like A Diploma And Lots of Experience Under Their Belt

Leave your shift key alone, she didn't do nothing to you.

On topic; I think there are enough rs fansites tbh, try something else jamie.

nets
24-09-2006, 01:00 AM
Working on an isometric chat room would just be tedious. 20K a year? Not exactly alot from a 7 figure company.

If you cared to read it, you would realise it's a web design position.

Jaysir
24-09-2006, 01:05 AM
A lot of people have dreams in creating things like this, but never go through. Please dont waste your time trying to create something that you know will fail.

Josh-H
24-09-2006, 07:16 AM
Well said.

You have no-chance - EVER!

Its not making a basic site for them . . . This is a full-time job. Someone like Carl Baggs proberly wouldnt get it. No-one I know would get a job like that.

This is a multi-million dollar company. Some teenager, with some sort of idea of how to code in table, and how to add a style-sheet, isnt even going to be looked at. Maybe in 10 years time, youll have got out of college, and looked back on what youve just said, and thought, how sad was I?

After Uni, youll see how sad this was, and if you went for something like that, how you would be blown out of the water. Just - No a cat in hells chance

Ok so you have a point, but do you have to be such an idiot when your saying it and ****ing flaming people.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!