PDA

View Full Version : SS v2.33

micky.blue.eyes
24-09-2006, 02:57 PM
Hey SS users,

People who are trying to download SS v2.33 will notice it doesn't download itself.

You have to uninstall SS first, then you go to www.runescapecommunity.com and download SS from there.
It should work now.

New features in SS v2.33 (taken from runescapecommunity)

What are profiles? Profiles basically allow you to save settings, notes, themes, SwiftBrowse favs ect seperately. So if more then one person in your household uses SwiftSwitch, they can all create a profile and have their own settings.

What does this mean for people who are the only one that use SwiftSwitch on their PC? Nothing, you create yourself a profile, select it to remember that profile and you'll never hear about it again.

What settings are profile specific? Just about everything. From themes, button styles, chat usernames, chat passwords, SwiftBrowse favs, home world, notes, screenshot names, screenshot save location. Basically everything that SwiftSwitch used to remember should now be profile specific with the exception of one or two things.

What about my old settings, don't tell me I'm going to loose them AGAIN?! Nope, you won't. This time around when you create your first ever profile it will prompt you to transfer over your old settings, notes, progress, Swiftbrowse favs, stats lookup history ect. If you manage to bodge this up, you can do it again by going to your SwiftSwitch directory and deleting the file
[C:\Program Files\SwiftSwitch\Data\GlobalSettings.ini]

Other changes & fixes:
+ Removed the dead High Alch Table link.
+ Fixed worlds 1, 2, 88, 89, 90, 91.
+ World buttons now have tooltip of server location
+ Re-vamped the update downloader. Hopefully it will fix alot of the problems.
+ Profiles
+ Ape Atol added to the agility calc.

JonJonStress
24-09-2006, 02:58 PM
Ye, it says error downloading for me....

Can you also download the update from the www.zybez.net (http://www.zybez.net) version?

micky.blue.eyes
24-09-2006, 03:02 PM
Not sure, Strider only mentioned rc.

JonJonStress
24-09-2006, 03:08 PM
That didn't work. I completely removed it, re installed it and it still said install update.

Crimson
24-09-2006, 03:11 PM
I'm sorry for sounding rather nooby but ; SS?

Erin
24-09-2006, 03:34 PM
I downloaded it it said had to restart computer so i did now my computer wont load up :( so i have to go on ym laptop
Coz when i load ma comp up it says please remove all disks and media items and then click any key first off i coudnt find the any key but then when i restarted it just keeps sayin that :(

Steven.
24-09-2006, 03:39 PM
I'm sorry for sounding rather nooby but ; SS?

[ -What is swiftswitch?- ]

SwiftSwitch is a RuneScape client that plays both the RuneScape Classic and RuneScape version of the game. SwiftSwitch was created by a member of RSC named Strider3282.

SwiftSwitch was created in Visual Basic 6 and uses the Internet Explorer shdocvw.dll control to view Runescape. Which is exactly what Internet Explorer uses. Runescape is not loaded from a foreign source, but loaded from www.runescape.com. Simply put, SwiftSwitch is just like a browser such as Internet Explorer, Firefox ect. but with tools and handy links designed specifically for Runescape players.

SwiftSwitch does NOT give any unfair adavantages what-so-ever.

:)

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!