PDA

View Full Version : Is this Legal?

-sFusion-
25-09-2006, 10:26 PM
I decided to try playing 2 rs characters at once, one in SwiftSwitch and the other in a Mozilla browser.

I found as long as the characters are in different worlds, they can be on at the same time. But if they are on the same world, RS picks up on it.

Is this a glitch? Is this against the rules?

Thread closed by Charles (Forum Moderator): Due to it being bumped.

Albion
25-09-2006, 10:31 PM
you can get two in the same world normally, just scroll to the bottom on the high/def low/def page and choose un something java, then open of in ss

-sFusion-
25-09-2006, 10:34 PM
does that mean it is ok to do?

T0M
25-09-2006, 10:42 PM
i thinks it ok if they arent in same world

-sFusion-
25-09-2006, 10:45 PM
well that would make stuff like mining coal or ess easier

T0M
25-09-2006, 10:51 PM
how tho?

kooldude23
25-09-2006, 10:51 PM
I think it is leagal as long as charaters dont interact.

DarkPharoh
25-09-2006, 10:59 PM
Alright it is easy to do in same and different worlds. I asked Jagex about this and I was told it is not legal to do, I still do it anyway though :)

-sFusion-
25-09-2006, 11:00 PM
how tho?

you can have 2 (or maybe more) characters mining at once, which will give more coal/ess and more money.

I think it is leagal as long as charaters dont interact.

ok thanks all

EDIT:
Alright it is easy to do in same and different worlds. I asked Jagex about this and I was told it is not legal to do, I still do it anyway though :)

um... now I'm confused, anybody know for sure?

kooldude23
25-09-2006, 11:08 PM
If you are unsure, send JaGeX a message. You can find this on the Runescape homepage.

-sFusion-
25-09-2006, 11:25 PM
If you are unsure, send JaGeX a message. You can find this on the Runescape homepage.

ah forget it, i cant be bothered. thanks anyways.

Rashelly
26-09-2006, 12:16 PM
It IS against the rules.
Rule 8 - No multi logging.

micky.blue.eyes
26-09-2006, 02:56 PM
It IS against the rules.
Rule 8 - No multi logging.
Addition to that:

Rule 8 - Multiple Logging-In
You may create more than one RuneScape account, but if you do, you may not log in more than one account at any time, and they must not interact with each other in any way. This includes 'drop trading' or any other method of item transfer.

omgabear
26-09-2006, 03:07 PM
Jagex says as long as they dont interact.

No trading, dueling, team pking, game playing together and you'll be fine :P

Chosen One
26-09-2006, 03:08 PM
Jagex says as long as they dont interact.

No trading, dueling, team pking, game playing together and you'll be fine :P

You may create more than one RuneScape account, but if you do, you may not log in more than one account at any time, and they must not interact with each other in any way. This includes 'drop trading' or any other method of item transfer.

omgabear
26-09-2006, 03:12 PM

Jagex picks up on same I.P INTERACTIONS. So trading and dueling and all that jazz would be picked up. Different worlds account logging wouldnt unless jagex went through their I.P list and saw the two.

So its safe to say you can do it without getting caught. Which is what I was trying to say :P
But against the rules... yes.

Muppet
26-09-2006, 07:39 PM
Yup, completely fine.
I use SwiftSwitch, and if your characters are in different worlds, no problem.
If they in same world, you can trade over items, which is against the rules.
Jagex don't let two characters from one IP address on the same world so you can't trade over items.. Go me:eusa_danc

Joahh
26-09-2006, 07:46 PM
Yup, completely fine.
I use SwiftSwitch, and if your characters are in different worlds, no problem.
If they in same world, you can trade over items, which is against the rules.
Jagex don't let two characters from one IP address on the same world so you can't trade over items.. Go me:eusa_danc

Its multilogging are you stupid?

Time_Freeze
27-09-2006, 12:21 AM
I did it for awhile, same world.. Nothing.

Jerremykle!
27-09-2006, 01:15 AM
all you have to do is open two windows of runescape, then type in username and password on both, then cascade the windows and super fastly click login on both.

but it is against the rules.

Time_Freeze
27-09-2006, 01:39 AM
all you have to do is open two windows of runescape, then type in username and password on both, then cascade the windows and super fastly click login on both.

but it is against the rules. Thats bullchit. :8

Muppet
02-01-2007, 03:57 PM
Its multilogging are you stupid?

No.
Jagex picks up I.P interactions as said before, not multilogging. :eusa_wall

Edited by Charles (Forum Moderator): Please do not bump old threads, thanks.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!