PDA

View Full Version : Keeping Passwords Safe (Habbo User Idea)

Moh
26-09-2006, 12:07 AM
Well I Have a File on my Memory stick which I only put into PC to get my habbo pass, then take it out. I then copy and paste my password. I used to get hacked alot from keyloggers, now I havent been hacked for 6 months (Touch Wood)
Its a ok idea, prob better sollutions.

Shinigami
28-09-2006, 07:58 PM
There should be a option where you can save your password, like on other website when you type a username and password a message pops up asking if you want it to be saved in memory. This would probably reduce people getting hacked. Another option is using the on screen keyboard (accesories -> accesabilities) but I think it takes too long for impatient people.

Scouse
29-09-2006, 02:58 PM
Or use the thing RuneScape has on the banks.

Nixt
29-09-2006, 03:06 PM
On screen keyboard does not stop keyloggers.

DCeption
29-09-2006, 03:13 PM
On screen keyboard does not stop keyloggers.

;o I always thought it did, Would you mind explaining why not :P i aint good with PCs

Zuar
29-09-2006, 03:27 PM
Hmm why not take ur ip and if u log on a different ip it disconects you?

Shinigami
29-09-2006, 05:31 PM
I didnt mean it stops keyloggers from getting on your computer.

Nixt
29-09-2006, 05:36 PM
;o I always thought it did, Would you mind explaining why not :P i aint good with PCs

Quoted from Wikipedia:

It is sometimes said that an on-screen keyboard is a way to combat these, as it only requires clicks of the mouse. However, this is not true, because a keyboard event message must be sent to the external target program to type text. Every software keylogger can log the text typed with an on-screen keyboard, and additionally, some programs also record or take snapshots of what is displayed on the screen.
The web-based on-screen keyboard may provide some degree of protection. At least some commercial keylogging programs do not record typing on the web-based virtual keyboard. However, the keylogging software can take screenshots.

luke-p
29-09-2006, 05:45 PM
Quoted from Wikipedia:

It is sometimes said that an on-screen keyboard is a way to combat these, as it only requires clicks of the mouse. However, this is not true, because a keyboard event message must be sent to the external target program to type text. Every software keylogger can log the text typed with an on-screen keyboard, and additionally, some programs also record or take snapshots of what is displayed on the screen.
The web-based on-screen keyboard may provide some degree of protection. At least some commercial keylogging programs do not record typing on the web-based virtual keyboard. However, the keylogging software can take screenshots.

Finally somebody done some research on it :)

brapbrap
29-09-2006, 06:00 PM
Quoted from Wikipedia:

But the one on Control panel isnt Web-based? :s

WiseBen
29-09-2006, 07:17 PM
Also, The copying and pasting probably won't be of any effect either. Some keyloggers get the contents of the clipboard, and like Nixt's quote from wikipedia, it can record screenshots.

Moosik
01-10-2006, 02:27 PM
I never knew that, but I always use the on screen keyboard, now you guys worry me D:

Moh
03-10-2006, 08:57 PM
Yep, I think i must of got my wireless hacked as I to get my password, I type the alphabet. and make ,my pass, its also saved. I also have 3 firewalls, and i have done a virus check. Time for some IP Finding (With wireless)

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!