PDA

View Full Version : Thinning Out Habbo Foreigners?

LostInMyMind
30-09-2006, 04:55 PM
Are hotels filtering out certain Habbos? Trying to get them to move to another country of there own? Have you noticed this? Can you find anything to support this? I did, or I believe I did.
__________________________________________________ ______

Can I buy Habbo Credits with a credit card?

Credit cards can be used to buy Habbo Credits, in the following countries:

UK & Ireland. Other Countries have been disabled temporarily due to technical problems. We apologise and hope to add them back shortly.

When will the Australian Credits Line be back up?

We no longer have an Australian Habbo Credits line. We are looking for another phone operator able to supply this service. We are working on it and are sorry it's taking longer than expected. We'll let you know as soon as it is back up.

When will the Canada credits line be back up?

There was a fault on the Canada Habbo Credits line. We have taken it down in order to fix it but it is taking longer than expected to correct the problem. We are working on it right now and are sorry for the delay. We will let you know as soon as it is back up.

__________________________________________________ _______
Foreign countries really only have one way that never is "shut down for maintenance!" Cheque/Money order. Credit card lines and BtClick&Buy are always closing. Are they purposely doing this so that we move to our own countries hotel? Is this racism to you? It seems to me it is some form of it. Do you agree?

Adzeh (Forum Moderator) : Topic, while relevant, needs a lot more evidence before being able to be called news. Thread closed.

Barmi
30-09-2006, 05:06 PM
If Sulake and Habbo are indeed "pushing" people into Hotels of their own country... I see nothing wrong with this. Many, many, online games and/or communities do this. It helps ensure that the population remains under the server limits.

Don't count me as being racist - I'm far from it. I have loads of people on my console's friend list that are from countries other than the UK. (German people, Spanish people, American people, Australian people, Singapore, Finland, the Netherlands to name some.) A move like this ensures a better distribution throughout the servers (cutting down on lag), helps the Hotels to expand/grow, and gives a better level of consistency.

I don't think Sulake would make a move where they would decide "right, people from X country cannot visit Y Hotel". People like to visit their friends on other Hotels, and I both doubt and hope this never changes.

Of course, we can only speculate. :) It could simply be that Habbo UK are having genuine problems with localising the listed methods... and there's nothing wrong with that. :) I also think the latter is the genuine answer, and all I have posted above is just a load of speculative nonsense. And as long as one method remains open, it is still possible for people living in other countries to get credits on the UK (their favourite?) Hotel. :) (But I'm still up for a PayPal payment system, because PayPal is just lovely.)

I could see Sulake encouraging people to use their national Hotel, but I doubt they would force them. I do believe the things listed based around the credit difficulties are true. Something that I would be interested in knowing though... is why don't Habbo UK use the same credits operator for Australian Habbos as Habbo AU do? :)

Kingzy
30-09-2006, 05:18 PM
Well they have started this [eg China and Finland] The only nasty thing I can think of about this is if they block me from the UK hotel. :(

Pyroka
30-09-2006, 05:48 PM
Thing is, i quote:

We are looking for another phone operator able to supply this service. We are working on it and are sorry it's taking longer than expected.

Every phoneline has problems... Theyre just having to fix theres, i dont see the UK hotel pushing people out... YET.

Carflunkles
30-09-2006, 06:34 PM
To be honest I think that with so many new hotels being opened,
They just want some people to use the hotel in there country.
This keeps the population balanced.

Xarea
30-09-2006, 06:42 PM
I could see Sulake encouraging people to use their national Hotel, but I doubt they would force them. I do believe the things listed based around the credit difficulties are true.

Good point, but the people on AOL (America Online) would be barred from accessing the UK Hotel, even if they are in the UK themselves. (When USA shut the Hotel down for everyone except American's during Gorillaz, I could still get on)

lScottl
30-09-2006, 09:00 PM
I Can Get In Any Hotel i Want :)

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!