PDA

View Full Version : Debugging Your Site?

iRoss
02-03-2005, 09:10 PM
Hey,

Can anyone give/make a tutorial on how 2 de-bug your site because i dont really fully understand it.

Just check links and iframes, and that the site doesnt mess up in other browsers?

Then Be Done?

Please explain more !

Thanks

tommyddr
03-03-2005, 01:31 AM
Make sure your code fits the W3 standards. If it does, it should work in all browsers. Many Habbo sites fail to do this, and as a result, lose part of their audience because of non-standard code.

HTML Validator
http://validator.w3.org/

CSS Validator
http://jigsaw.w3.org/css-validator/

iRoss
03-03-2005, 03:50 PM
Haha, it said the whole thing was dodgey :P oh well, any manual methods where u could check???

tommyddr
03-03-2005, 10:19 PM
The point is to fix anything the validator doesn't like. After that, everything is 100% correct.

iRoss
04-03-2005, 07:31 AM
Oh i see Thanks

Mentor
05-03-2005, 12:17 PM
Validtors point out problems, but they are stricter than browsers, so if you wnat go for the full w3 standards you wnat to make shure you use more css and less html. thybags not quite perfect yet ether.

i suggest just testing verything works in IE, opera, firefox.

and if poible, unix and safiri also

-JT-
05-03-2005, 12:21 PM
Validtors point out problems, but they are stricter than browsers, so if you wnat go for the full w3 standards you wnat to make shure you use more css and less html. thybags not quite perfect yet ether.

i suggest just testing verything works in IE, opera, firefox.

and if poible, unix and safiri also

everytime i go on thybag i get a debug error, i think its your cutenews!

Mentor
05-03-2005, 07:52 PM
Debug error as in javascript ? or a problem with the site, MY IE throws up no errors, nore does my firefox, opera or netscape?

If your running it threw a validtor, i still use the hight and background tags, as im to lazy to chnage them 2 the css equivlnts.

:/

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!