PDA

View Full Version : Behind The Scenes October

Dan
02-10-2006, 11:42 AM
Hello, and welcome to another exciting Behind the Scenes article.

It's October already, and Diango and his fairies are beginning to wonder where the year has gone. In order to make enough toys ready for Christmas, Diango’s shipped in as many raw materials as he can, including some of the wood from the haunted forest around Draynor Manor. What trouble can be caused by a few confused poltergeists? Will you be able to clean out the haunted workshop? Pick up your ghost-busting gear later on this month, and you might even earn yourself a spooky reward in this year's Halloween update.

Also in October, Player-Owned Houses will get their first update since launch, with the all new costume room! Build magic wardrobes and treasure chests, and free up some space in the bank! Players will be able to store all their favourite random event costumes, special treasure trail outfits and even some of the odd little toys they've picked up on your travels over the years. More information will follow later this month.

As well as all of your funky costumes, the POH addition will also be able to store one of our other releases this month... the awe inspiring “Capes of Achievement”. Yes, players who have reached the awesome status of having level 99 in a skill or completing all of the released quests will soon earn the right to wear a special cape. Each cape - one for each skill plus one for the quests - will be available in mono-colour or with a trim. Each cape also comes with its own special (and unique) animation, as well as a slight boost to its associated stat. The capes themselves look stunning, and will complement the outfits of even the flashiest adventurers.

Player will also be able to explore the next level to the strange dungeon in Seers' Village this month, with the launch of Elemental Workshop Part 2. A new book has turned up talking about the mysteries of the “Elemental Helm”. What puzzles await? Only those with a logical mind should find out...

Also this month, we see the next batch of our NPC improvements. After the dragons, giants and demons got the full treatment last month, a few of our other beasts got jealous and joined the queue to the Makeover Mage's patented “upgrade-a-race-o-matic”. What will the bears, rats and bats look like after he (or she) has woven her (or his) magic? Well, you’ll be able to find out sooner that you think, because we're releasing a range of wallpapers to support this interesting project. More to come soon!

My Arm is tired. He’s tried planting spades and even dwarves, but nothing seems to be working. Clearly My Arm doesn’t know enough about what the humans call “farming”.

Confused? You will be when you’re asked to accompany trolls across the map in search of the fabled goutweed. Where will My Arm take you next? Find out later this month!

The Knowledge Base gets some serious updates later this month, with the next round of Area Guides, a new postbag, and of course, the players' artwork gallery.

With some other small improvements like new desert goats and a new potion, you’ll always find something new to do in October!

Some good updates this month ;o

/Rossco\
02-10-2006, 11:46 AM
damn, you mean tos ay the update just took place. and i was offline for a min, i would have spent that time getting to mage guild for the ants i need lol.

anyway, the capes sound cool

Dan
02-10-2006, 11:51 AM
damn, you mean tos ay the update just took place. and i was offline for a min, i would have spent that time getting to mage guild for the ants i need lol.

anyway, the capes sound cool

there hasnt been a update in game yet, just the website :] capes do sound cool i want my mage one :D

/Rossco\
02-10-2006, 11:53 AM
i actually remember reading a post about rewards for lvl 99 skills. some cool thoughts in that thread. you'll get 3 capes :s

i need to keep workign fletching to get my 1st 99 stat

omgabear
02-10-2006, 12:02 PM
Looking forward to it, and my new fishing cape :)

Dan
02-10-2006, 12:02 PM
i actually remember reading a post about rewards for lvl 99 skills. some cool thoughts in that thread. you'll get 3 capes :s

i need to keep workign fletching to get my 1st 99 stat

yea ill get 3.. want the mage one the most tho :P good luck with fletching

Ashley 12344
02-10-2006, 12:03 PM
Looks good.

They should make capes for like 70+ 80+ 90+ 99, been different colours or something.

Eye!
02-10-2006, 01:29 PM
omg they said they would be animated

here are some of my assumtions:

Wcing=leaves falling

Fishing=River

tya thats it :P

---MAD---
02-10-2006, 02:08 PM
Best month since POH in my opinion :p. Its exactly what I wanted out of a month of updates. Graphic updates, a quest or 2, POH updates and the skill capes as suggested by one of the rs players on the forum!

Amazing :D.

TehPwnage
02-10-2006, 02:21 PM
that looks ace bout the capes i better get fleching if i wana chance =]

Chosen One
02-10-2006, 02:58 PM
If only they made capes for 98 skills. 99 is too much.

Seems like a fairly decent update.

Youheard
02-10-2006, 03:43 PM
I like the idea of being able to store certain outfits in your POH. Will save me a fair few lines of bank space.

-sFusion-
02-10-2006, 09:28 PM
If only they made capes for 98 skills. 99 is too much.

Seems like a fairly decent update.

well.. if you made it 98, might as well go to 99 :p

Sounds cool, I'll be getting a cape in like... a year at my rate :$

ssricky
02-10-2006, 09:38 PM
i hope the firemaking cape is similar to the lava cape or better if it is im willing to spend the 3m on getting 99 firemaking ;]

Ekalb
03-10-2006, 12:01 AM
Anyone noticed how we can not only operate teleportation jewlery but we can also operate our armour and weps?
Mmm glitchy.
Who's done the new Elemental Workshop quest?
I have it's pretty fun how you have to operate all the stuff :P Now that I have the helm Imma make the orange shield.

---MAD---
03-10-2006, 12:20 AM
Anyone noticed how we can not only operate teleportation jewlery but we can also operate our armour and weps?
Mmm glitchy.
Who's done the new Elemental Workshop quest?
I have it's pretty fun how you have to operate all the stuff :P Now that I have the helm Imma make the orange shield.
Mod Ash explained the operating system in the recent updates section of the rs forum :).

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!