PDA

View Full Version : CS Sound help

adidas™
02-10-2006, 03:34 PM
i know theres a article about this on steam support but i cant really follow the instructions (lol i know there simple to most of you)

its so that when i load up a server it doesnt download all the sounds.
if you know wat im waffling on about could you give me a kinda tutorial lol
thx.:)

EDIT: heres the link to the STEAM SUPPORT version which im unable to understand :

http://support.steampowered.com/cgi-bin/steampowered.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=385&p_created=1124322104&p_sid=YFjzESfi&p_lva=&p_sp=cF9zcmNoPTEmcF9zb3J0X2J5PSZwX2dyaWRzb3J0PSZwX 3Jvd19jbnQ9NDMmcF9wcm9kcz0wJnBfY2F0cz0wJnBfcHY9JnB fY3Y9JnBfc2VhcmNoX3R5cGU9YW5zd2Vycy5zZWFyY2hfbmwmc F9wYWdlPTEmcF9zZWFyY2hfdGV4dD1Tb3VuZA**&p_li=&p_topview=1

:Tanky
03-10-2006, 01:14 PM
So check in your source folder and see if you have autoexec.cfg.
The path to my coutner strike folder is C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\tankywozere\counter-strike\cstrike but i use 1.6 so I dunno about source. If autoexec.cfg is their just put this in it "cl_downloadfilter nosounds" without the " and ". If you dont have autoexec.cfg just open notepad and put "cl_downloadfilter nosounds" and I would save it as autoexec.cfg. save it in C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\tankywozere\counter-strike\cstrike but it might be different for you cos you have rubbish source. <3

adidas™
03-10-2006, 05:03 PM
k, thanks for reply i think ive done it lol.
i just didnt know where to find my steam bit before but hey, now i do.
+REP

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!