PDA

View Full Version : Murder and Other issues . . .

Crimson
02-10-2006, 03:47 PM
[not sure if this iis in the correct area but oh well]

Okay, here goes ;

Is murder wrong? If we go killing someone we outamatically know that it is wrong. The difference is why is it wrong. Can you actually say WHY is it wrong? Is because you've gone and ended someones life ... and? How made it out that murder was so bad?! Its like lying, lying could be even worse than murder... but it isn't? How do we know that murder is worse than lying. It all because we are being told this by others. Another strange thing is in some of the Indian countrys they have to wear those full body clothes. In england the respectable limit, as you may call it, for clothing is covering up genetal areas. Another; I knew some man how used to always wear a skull cap because of his relegious beleifs. He NEVER took it off besides from when he went in the shower. So for example, if he was taking a shower and you barged through the door. The first thing he would cover up would be his head, because he beleived it was wrong to show it. In the 1830's if you barged in when a woman was undressed she would cover her ears!? This was also because she was told it was wrong to show your ears... The whole idea of this is to show you how strange it is if just one person speaks out see how the world can change. It is all to do with religion and what others have told us. Strange isn't it?

-:Undertaker:-
02-10-2006, 04:15 PM
Murder is taking someones life, it is wrong.

alexxxxx
02-10-2006, 04:27 PM
Of couse murder is bad, it removes somebody from the earth, where they may wish to stay.

Crimson
02-10-2006, 05:01 PM
But how do we know taking someone of the earth is wrong? I'm personally against it obviously but how do we know ?

-:Undertaker:-
02-10-2006, 05:16 PM
But how do we know taking someone of the earth is wrong? I'm personally against it obviously but how do we know ?

Because we just know its wrong - Common Sence !

alexxxxx
02-10-2006, 05:18 PM
I see what your on about. It is socially accepted as it being wrong, therefore it is frowned upon.

Mario
02-10-2006, 05:18 PM
you murdered someone or something?

alexxxxx
02-10-2006, 05:21 PM
you murdered someone or something?

that made me lol.

It sounds that way mate.

Lubricant
02-10-2006, 05:30 PM
Murder is wrong.

FlyingJesus
02-10-2006, 05:39 PM
It's just wrong because natural law says that murder has no purpose. As a species we aim to progress, and killing is regression of the species.

GreyScaleReturn
02-10-2006, 06:04 PM
Murder is bad, its making someones life end, so they can never do anything they wanted to do. :(

Wootzeh
02-10-2006, 06:11 PM
Because it's the 5/6th comandment(Depending on your religion), You shall not murder, and this has been passedo n through generations.

VanHalen
02-10-2006, 08:19 PM
Up until the last century murdering was acceptable but still wrong. By now things have changed, but I still think murderers should be excecuted by hanging etc. Bring back some old style punishments. It'd stop them murdering again.

Mentor
02-10-2006, 08:25 PM
[not sure if this iis in the correct area but oh well]

Okay, here goes ;

Is murder wrong? If we go killing someone we outamatically know that it is wrong. The difference is why is it wrong. Can you actually say WHY is it wrong? Is because you've gone and ended someones life ... and? How made it out that murder was so bad?! Its like lying, lying could be even worse than murder... but it isn't? How do we know that murder is worse than lying. It all because we are being told this by others. Another strange thing is in some of the Indian countrys they have to wear those full body clothes. In england the respectable limit, as you may call it, for clothing is covering up genetal areas. Another; I knew some man how used to always wear a skull cap because of his relegious beleifs. He NEVER took it off besides from when he went in the shower. So for example, if he was taking a shower and you barged through the door. The first thing he would cover up would be his head, because he beleived it was wrong to show it. In the 1830's if you barged in when a woman was undressed she would cover her ears!? This was also because she was told it was wrong to show your ears... The whole idea of this is to show you how strange it is if just one person speaks out see how the world can change. It is all to do with religion and what others have told us. Strange isn't it?
Thats quite a jumble? and religion has **** all to do with most of it, pretty much everything relating to religion was simply coped from existing ideas of morality, hence why the bibles morals dont work in to days sosicty... well unless you still belive its morally incorrect to miss your weekly sarcivse, work on a sabbath or eat sea food for exsample.

I personaly belive in relative morallty, the morallty of a person is a direct consiquence of the socal ideolgy there brought up in. Hence why in diffent societys, differnt morallity is upheld.
Murder is held quite universaly as wrong, but it can still be morallty justifed with ideas of the greater good, or simple self deffence of yourself or others, which makes alot of the morralty subjective as well "/

Kymux
02-10-2006, 09:11 PM
Yes .

-Soph-
03-10-2006, 05:16 AM
No I see it as wrong, Even in revenge.

The only time were I'd see killing someone as right would be in self defence..
And thats not even called murder is it?

MsTanya
03-10-2006, 05:28 AM
its wrong. END OV!

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!