PDA

View Full Version : PSPTouchME Near Release!

Revivalry
03-10-2006, 10:10 PM
There are two interesting projects in development over at 0x89 One of which is a touch screen overlaying the PSP’s sexy LCD PSPTouchME will operate via USB allowing users to interact with the unit — XMB or any supported homebrew. The XMB you ask, how is that possible? Well that leads me to the next project; 0×89 is a complete XMB/VSH [cross media bar] replacement for the PSP. It’ll support video (avi, mpeg, mpeg4, wmv, avc, pmp) & audio (mp3, ogg, wav, wma) playback, image viewing (bmp, png, jpeg, tga), and is totally customizable:
icons, colours, menu items, effects, etc…
It’s likely 0×89 will support PSPTouchME; of course the existing PSP XMB and homebrew will not be supported. It’s mentioned an API of some sort will be released with the device for developers to build or extend the functionality of homebrew. Below is a concept image of PSPTouchME.

http://www.psp-hacks.com/images/psptouchme1.jpg
(http://www.psp-hacks.com/images/psptouchme1.jpg)

Very cool stuff, should be available not long from now!

Billay
04-10-2006, 12:23 AM
touch me hard

anyways thje only part of that iunderstood was that you can interact with the psp wihtt he screen which is plugged into the USB

womanizer
04-10-2006, 09:16 AM
I wonder where that got the touch screen idea from...

:Tanky
04-10-2006, 09:24 AM
Their brains.

oitsree
04-10-2006, 09:32 AM
rofl
i read the title wrng

SnowTwist
04-10-2006, 02:14 PM
Omg!!!!! Like thats so original.
I mean like no-ones ever thought of that idea!!!
Just imagine a game that you can like look after a virtual dog,
Or even do sums or summin on it!!!
I mean like MEGA WOW!
Whats next? A Console with a movement censor in it?
I mean like, it would never happen!!!
[/Sarcasm]

TommoGotBanned!
04-10-2006, 03:22 PM
Omg!!!!! Like thats so original.
I mean like no-ones ever thought of that idea!!!
Just imagine a game that you can like look after a virtual dog,
Or even do sums or summin on it!!!
I mean like MEGA WOW!
Whats next? A Console with a movement censor in it?
I mean like, it would never happen!!!
[/Sarcasm]

What the uttermost randomest piece of crap, I have seen on habbox.
You do realise, that most console's copy each other :eusa_wall.

Charles
04-10-2006, 03:44 PM
Well played Sony, not.
They'll have to think of some new games to use the touch screen with. Or just steal ideas from Nintendo, which they've already done.

04-10-2006, 04:09 PM
Hmm, I wonder where the idea of an xbox or ps1 came from?
You guys are stupid, copying another companies ideas means better things get made.

SimplyTech
04-10-2006, 04:10 PM
Theyve already used the wiis motion sensing idea and there analogue stick and there dpad oh and the whole concept for a handheld console

04-10-2006, 04:21 PM
For the phag who bad repped me, I'm sorry, but can you read?
Copying leads to good things, we wouldnt even have xbox360 and ps3 if people hadnt copied from the first ever console. It's just like evolution.

Charles
04-10-2006, 04:25 PM
It's the slogan which ticks me off. 'Touch me' sound familiar?

04-10-2006, 04:27 PM
No .

mnbvjifhgtge
04-10-2006, 04:38 PM
hah then you must be a idiot. i hope nintendo sues the living crap out of sony 1 for copying them with the controller using motion sensors and 2 for doing this

04-10-2006, 04:48 PM
And I hope someone runs the living crap out of you with their car .

TommoGotBanned!
04-10-2006, 05:37 PM
Hmm, I wonder where the idea of an xbox or ps1 came from?
You guys are stupid, copying another companies ideas means better things get made.
Exactly.

Theyve already used the wiis motion sensing idea and there analogue stick and there dpad oh and the whole concept for a handheld console
Wii's motion sensor? What does this have to do with a psp?
Analogue sticks.. Didn't that first come from the Ps1(Can someone correct me?)
dpad... EVERY console has a dpad so don't say "yh dey copied wii"

hah then you must be a idiot. i hope nintendo sues the living crap out of sony 1 for copying them with the controller using motion sensors and 2 for doing this
Motion sensors have nothing to do with the psp... & touch screen? Nintendo DS wasn't the first thing to have touch screen, Sat nav's, Smartboards etc have touch screen's.

Bear-Max
04-10-2006, 05:54 PM
Umm, I'm kind of missing the point of it. It's not an official product, so it's not like any major developers will make games utilising it, and homebrew is most popular with retro gamers.

I just don't get it.

EDIT @ Tommo:

Wii's motion sensor is mentioned because of the very late, and blantant "me too" bandwagon jumping that is the PS3's 'Sixaxis' controller.

The Famicom (NES) was the first console with a D-Pad, and Nintendo has the traditional 'crosshair' D-Pad shape patented. The N64 was the first console to have analog sticks on it's controllers as we know them.

Revivalry
04-10-2006, 06:08 PM
lalal, note! it's 0x89 who are developing this accessory for PSP NOT SONY, very similar to JoyTech.. i can see this being a huge success and only £25-£30? surely that's a bargain for such an advanced piece of technology

adm
04-10-2006, 06:43 PM
The best consoles come up with unique ideas, unique designs and such. In my personal opinion, the manufacturer who makes the console - Sony, Microsoft, Nintendo etc, is responsible for coming up with great, new ideas to get the target audience - gamers interested.

If someone already has a DS or a PSP - which is most people, then why would they buy what's basically a Nintendo DS?

Anywho, it's a great idea but the touchscreen might get damaged unless there is some sort of cover for the PSP. It needs to be thought through properly - and Sony need to think about the competition - Nintendo DS Lite.

EDIT - Sorry, I thought Sony was making this product.

Bear-Max
04-10-2006, 06:48 PM
lalal, note! it's 0x89 who are developing this accessory for PSP NOT SONY, very similar to JoyTech.. i can see this being a huge success and only £25-£30? surely that's a bargain for such an advanced piece of technology

But it's technology that's barely going to be used...

SimplyTech
04-10-2006, 07:10 PM
Hmmm things soon change after psp fans calling ds's touch screen a mere gimmik and it will be like a lightgun but worse with a few supporting games

HUGECOOL
04-10-2006, 07:38 PM
Doesn't using a touch screen go against PSP user's mantra, or something? But I digress..

Anyway, the product is there, but like it's been said it isn't official. Having a touch screen to control the menu and such will be nice, but is it actually useful?

Not really. Why? Because all the games that have been released thus far prove useless to this system. Even if these kits for this product was distributed, developers will have to learn how to use it and the game development as a whole will have a rise is price. Even if it was adopted by some developers, it'll be rarely used as a mainstream device.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!