PDA

View Full Version : Layout made by Me ;]

myke
04-10-2006, 03:10 PM
'Sherwood & Clacker'
An unreal Clock and watch repairer, name created by Myke (Random), layout for sale if anyone wants, fully coded etc. etc.
Rate :)

http://img100.imageshack.us/img100/8134/layoutdh8.png

beer
04-10-2006, 03:14 PM
not bad 6/10 but if it was made by u then y is the main content in what looks like german?

myke
04-10-2006, 03:16 PM
It's called Lipsum language :/

additional
04-10-2006, 03:17 PM
nice 7/10. Would buy if I had a watch company haha.

paull
04-10-2006, 03:18 PM
lol im sure thats of freewebs

myke
04-10-2006, 03:19 PM
I just made it fgs? ;/ I even have the .psd if you want me to post it.

NellyMc
04-10-2006, 03:21 PM
Then no point sellin it if you post psd

Vodata1
lol im sure thats of freewebs

Was Thinking The Same, I Used To Use It For My NewsReporting Site Like My Investigations

paull

lol ok mr.i *Removed* aboutpplinthestaffforumswhentheyresign.

Catzsy (Forum Super Moderator) - Please do not avoid the filter.

alexxxxx
04-10-2006, 03:22 PM
not bad 6/10 but if it was made by u then y is the main content in what looks like german?

Oh please, don't say you've never seen filler language and no it's not German, it's latin.

Don't like the pink soz. =]

myke
04-10-2006, 03:25 PM
Ok, how can I prove I just made it?

adm
04-10-2006, 03:32 PM
I like it. I think it goes well with the site you've made it for. The different monochromatic tones of red work well together and compliment each other.

The use of the picture of the clock in the banner signifies what your company/website is all about - which is good in the world of design.

Overall, I like it. It's very simple, clean and elegant. At times it can be too simple and it ruins the fresh mood of the layout. Overall it would have to be 7.4/10, well done - a good effort.

Also, please don't post the .psd because people would steal it. I do believe you made it as I don't think that freewebs have anything of such elegance on their server.

Good Luck on selling it,
Adam.

Kymux
04-10-2006, 03:34 PM
Nice!! 9/10

myke
04-10-2006, 03:43 PM
Thanks guys ;]

Vodata1
04-10-2006, 03:44 PM
Yeh Thanks Freewebs For Supplying Us With Layouts, Even If They Arent Any Good Like This One, Its The Thought That Counts

adm
04-10-2006, 03:48 PM
Yeh Thanks Freewebs For Supplying Us With Layouts, Even If They Arent Any Good Like This One, Its The Thought That Counts

I'm not sure what you are trying to apply, but if it was:

1) He stole the layout, no he didn't because Freewebs.com wouldn't have that layout on their database, if they did it'd be breaching copyright laws - without Myke's permission.
2) Freewebs.com don't supply very good layouts - what do you expect from a Free company. It supply's you with free hosting, free webspace, free template - you can't put them down because they do all that for the general public.

myke
04-10-2006, 03:58 PM

And what exactly are you trying to imply?

Edit: Btw, I have just checked freewebs, there's no such template :l

:Blob
04-10-2006, 04:52 PM
And what exactly are you trying to imply?

Edit: Btw, I have just checked freewebs, there's no such template :l

Same, I like it :D

YouFail
04-10-2006, 07:21 PM
Thats one nice layout Myke.

Its simple yet elegant and the red's go together. Some of my favourtie layouts are designed with 1 or 2 colours. The watch in the banner sets up the audience for your site, as they say "a picture is worth a thousand words."

On the downside I believe that the simplicity, while stylish, can bring the whole design down as it may be too simple. Its an all round layout where you can easily change the banner and it would suit any site. For example if you put a car in their it would symbolise a car dealer and so on.

On the rating side I would give it an 8 out of 10 as its a multi purpose, well designed, well planned layout. But their is nothing that makes me think "wow i've never seen anything like that before." The design could get repetitive for users if they are frequent visitors to the site, thats why I believe its perfect for something such as a watch dealer, a company that does a one off thing.

Well done for the layout and effort and good luck selling it,
RichardKnox

Recursion
04-10-2006, 07:46 PM
Well done and FreeWebs are crap people that dont make layouts that good.

adm
04-10-2006, 08:28 PM
Well done and FreeWebs are crap people that dont make layouts that good.

How can you say that about a company that puts time and effort to bringing the public FREE webspace, FREE templates and much, much more.

Their templates might not be good - but what do you expect for free.

Rico - Stealing my review-type :)

Good to see some suitable reviewers on here.

Good Job Myke. :)

myke
05-10-2006, 01:44 PM
Yay ness. Thanks guys :)!!

YouFail
05-10-2006, 03:00 PM
Well Adam that isnt very nice. You make me cry. I've decided to tell people all that I think rather than "Very Nice" or "Rubbish". Well its good to have reviewers on here that will actually comment on the layout in more than 2 lines.

Me and Adam - The 1, 2 Review Crew :P

JoeComins
05-10-2006, 03:08 PM
How can you say that about a company that puts time and effort to bringing the public FREE webspace, FREE templates and much, much more.

If you dont know what your talking about, then try and not say anything, OK?

No company makes free things, unless they are getting things back that will cover the costs.

Say if they spent (X) amount on the free things.
What you do on the site, other sites advertising there, and the cost of the company to sell would proberly be 5(X)

They are giving it to you for free, but its not because they want to be "nice" to the public. I dare say they couldnt care less about you. Its about what they get back. Thats the reason people do things like this.

Otherwise, you would be pushing yourself into more and more debt . . .

Well its good to have reviewers on here that will actually comment on the layout in more than 2 lines.

I post long reviews on templates that are good, or that could be improven to be look great.

adm
05-10-2006, 03:14 PM
The customer doesn't pay for facilities from Freewebs.com unless they sign up to the membership thing.

Freewebs.com make their money from members and from GoogleADS i'm guessing.

They would be shut down if they wasn't making any money - but they obviously are.

They offer free templates,hosting etc - not very good I know, but it's free.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!