PDA

View Full Version : Website Shops...

lMattz
07-10-2006, 08:59 PM
Hey, i am wondering do online shops require a license to sell items?

Thanks alot!

Swastika
07-10-2006, 09:01 PM
Hey, i am wondering do online shops require a license to sell items?

Thanks alot!
I think it depends what they are selling?

JoeComins
07-10-2006, 09:01 PM
No

Try ViArt Free. You need Zend Optimiser. I got the server admin to install it for me on www.PrimalHosting.co.uk when I made someone a site. Another host wouldnt do it for me though.

ebay
07-10-2006, 09:02 PM
no you do not, i seel over 100 items on ebay a week and i dont have to have a license

lMattz
07-10-2006, 09:15 PM
Ebay, thats ebay lol! I meen like a proper online shop like for instance ebaysellers shop etc. Ty others.

zoey101
07-10-2006, 09:18 PM
digi shops a good one

JoeComins
07-10-2006, 09:24 PM
Ebay, thats ebay lol! I meen like a proper online shop like for instance ebaysellers shop etc. Ty others.
I got paid £110 to make a skin for ViArt Shop Free. He also paid £80 hosting from www.PrimalHosting.co.uk

This was pure CSS. Took about a week to code. If your not confident with CSS and PHP, dont use ViArt. You also need Zend optimiser.

This guy sells "novelty forgeries" - Thats even legal - Selling something on your own shop if definatly legal, unless your selling something like marjuana, which is illegal, unless your in Canada or Amstadamn

Steven.
07-10-2006, 09:27 PM
I got paid £110 to make a skin for ViArt Shop Free. He also paid £80 hosting from www.PrimalHosting.co.uk (http://www.PrimalHosting.co.uk)

This was pure CSS. Took about a week to code. If your not confident with CSS and PHP, dont use ViArt. You also need Zend optimiser.

This guy sells "novelty forgeries" - Thats even legal - Selling something on your own shop if definatly legal, unless your selling something like marjuana, which is illegal, unless your in Canada or Amstadamn

I'm moving to Canada. (L) Lmao.

Nah you don't. my friend used to have one, well it wasn't really a shop it was a Text to screen > he also sold clothing, bracelets and that in text auctions (you text the offer.. ) like bid tv, twas rather cool.

but no you don't anyhow.

That's tasty
07-10-2006, 09:32 PM
You need a license for any kind of business; online or offline.
If you operate a business (in your case 'online shop') without a license, you're actually breaking the law.
Before people start to critise my comment, I study Business Studies and my mother has a degree in law.

JoeComins
07-10-2006, 09:38 PM
If you can prove your earning less than £xxx annually, you dont have to - I dont know the amounts - Its about being VAT registered

CHTom
07-10-2006, 09:39 PM
You only have to get a licence if you have an annual revenue over £5,000 a year, so you arnt dodging the tax man, lol.

Lycan
07-10-2006, 10:07 PM
always have to be registered so they can keep track to make sure your not going over 5,000 as well as grants etc, my brother recently has been having trouble with his registered company name ( he has UK at the end of it which isn't allowed because it makes the company sound bigger then it is) but selling items on ebay using the'Seller Shop' system doesn't require anything other then ebays own T&C

ebay
07-10-2006, 10:10 PM
oh ok, u only need a licsense if you sell over 50,000$ worth of goods a year i think

Lycan
07-10-2006, 10:12 PM
lol if i sold over 50,000$ a year in products i don't think i'd care about the trouble of registering i'd just do it!

oh ok, u only need a licsense if you sell over 50,000$ worth of goods a year i think

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!