PDA

View Full Version : north korea have done a nuclear weapons test ;o

clar_xo
09-10-2006, 06:45 AM
North Korea says it has carried out its first test of a nuclear weapon, the state news agency (KCNA) has reported. It said the underground test, carried out in defiance of international warnings, was a success and had not resulted in any leak of radiation.
The White House said South Korean and US intelligence had detected a seismic event at a suspected test site.
Japan's Prime Minister Shinzo Abe said the test was "unpardonable", while China denounced the action as "brazen".
The White House said the test, if confirmed, would constitute "a provocative act".
"We expect the UN Security Council to take immediate actions to respond to this unprovoked act," said spokesman Tony Snow.
South Korea said it would "sternly respond".
President Roh Moo-hyun has called an emergency meeting of the National Security Council and put the armed forces on a heightened state of alert.
Seoul also suspended a scheduled aid shipment to North Korea, the state news agency reported.

source (http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/asia-pacific/6032525.stm)

if you dont understand, it basically means n. korea have the power to completely wipe out the whole of britain.

You
09-10-2006, 06:48 AM
cooooool

Callum.
09-10-2006, 06:49 AM
oh cool ;o

SupaIGA
09-10-2006, 08:03 AM
Umm.. why are you saying cool. They have gone against the US, UK and many other countries. This could have had major side affects, and as a result may even cause another war.

It's a threat, one that n.korea should never have done.

YellowParasol
09-10-2006, 08:31 AM
Hmm... Trust Marcus to say that...

RedStratocas
09-10-2006, 01:09 PM
Its pretty funny how we're all worried about Iran, a country that MIGHT start making nuclear weapons. And we dont give a crap about North Korea who we KNOW has nuclear weapons, hates the U.S., doesnt let anyone in the country, wont let the U.N. inspect, and televises them testing it.

lSander
09-10-2006, 01:40 PM
They can start World War III

clarissa !!
09-10-2006, 01:42 PM
oh dear.

Josh-H
09-10-2006, 03:15 PM
I was shocked

Kardan
09-10-2006, 03:27 PM
So we could all die at any moment with no way out...
Better makes friends with N. Korea then...

Swastika
09-10-2006, 03:39 PM
Its pretty funny how we're all worried about Iran, a country that MIGHT start making nuclear weapons. And we dont give a crap about North Korea who we KNOW has nuclear weapons, hates the U.S., doesnt let anyone in the country, wont let the U.N. inspect, and televises them testing it.
Actually, Iran ARE making nuclear weapons.
There are AT LEAST nine countries that have nuclear weapons, most countries dont glamorise the fact, unlike N.Korea.
The only reason N.Korea dont let anybody into the country is because its a communist country, its run by the army in other words. No body goes in, nobody comes out, simple as that.
England have nuclear weapons, suspected to be in the South miles underground, around the London area.

Kardan
09-10-2006, 03:41 PM
There are AT LEAST nine countries that have nuclear weapons, most countries dont glamorise the fact, unlike N.Korea.
The only reason N.Korea dont let anybody into the country is because its a communist country, its run by the army in other words. No body goes in, nobody comes out, simple as that.
England have nuclear weapons, suspected to be in the South miles underground, around the London area.

But we don't randomly release them and give countries only a 20 minute warning before we release them.

Dan2nd
09-10-2006, 04:01 PM
But we don't randomly release them and give countries only a 20 minute warning before we release them.

The thing that makes me laugh is th US started the cold war which is why nukes were invented and their the ones going around telling other countries (sp?) their not aloud them :rolleyes:

Swastika
09-10-2006, 04:14 PM
Did i say we do? :rolleyes:
And N.Korea hasnt released any? (If you mean actually setting them off)

Kardan
09-10-2006, 04:17 PM
Did i say we do? :rolleyes:
And N.Korea hasnt released any? (If you mean actually setting them off)

They have, the official new people or whatever of N. Korea say they've released one and there was a reading on the earthquake machines and stuff... :rolleyes:

^.^
09-10-2006, 04:25 PM
if you dont understand, it basically means n. korea have the power to completely wipe out the whole of britain.

UK + US have nuclear bombs aswel mate we can blow up north korea, remember the 2 atomic bombs on hiroshima and another place in world war 2? were more advanced now more destruction :)

Robbey
09-10-2006, 04:27 PM
UK and N.korea are allies :S lol

but uk are also US allies

were safe unless the stupid tony blair makes enemys

buts were safe so stop worrying lol:eusa_wall :eusa_wall :eusa_clap

^.^
09-10-2006, 04:30 PM
US are not allies with N.Korea they maybe in the UN but not allies.

Mario
09-10-2006, 04:33 PM
They can start World War III
i thought exactly the same thing
the americans (or us) willgo after them for disobeying us and the'll bomb us thus starting ww3

RedStratocas
09-10-2006, 05:09 PM

When will Iran be done? 10 years?

It doesnt change the fact that North Korea is more of a threat. I know why North Korea doesnt let anyone in, but doesnt the fact that they dont alone raise suspicion?

^.^
09-10-2006, 05:10 PM
North Korea arnt as much of a threat they have only just started to learn about nuclear weapons while iran have had a good bit of practice :p

RedStratocas
09-10-2006, 05:11 PM
;2332481']North Korea arnt as much of a threat they have only just started to learn about nuclear weapons while iran have had a good bit of practice :p

What are you talking about? Iran JUST announced a few monthes ago about their nuclear program. Korea has been doing it for YEARS, why would Iran have more 'practice'?

Bexex
09-10-2006, 05:12 PM
oh were all going to die

^.^
09-10-2006, 05:14 PM
were not all gonna die wanna know other countries with Nuclear weapons aswel? Russia,USA,UK,Canada,iran,north korea and 3 others now for your thoughts:
Russia,USA,UK + Canada all are allied.
Iran and north korea have showed no sign of being allied.

Kardan
09-10-2006, 05:17 PM
;2332509']were not all gonna die wanna know other countries with Nuclear weapons aswel? Russia,USA,UK,Canada,iran,north korea and 3 others now for your thoughts:
Russia,USA,UK + Canada all are allied.
Iran and north korea have showed no sign of being allied.

It could all kick off, it's a bit out of the blue for them just to test one. UN are meeting soon...

^.^
09-10-2006, 05:18 PM
all UN do is make sanctions they have no ARMY

Neversoft
09-10-2006, 06:35 PM
oh cool ;o

I wouldn't say its cool. :s

Kardan
09-10-2006, 06:35 PM
;2332528']all UN do is make sanctions they have no ARMY

They can make decisions on what to do...

^.^
09-10-2006, 07:09 PM
UN is a peace treaty org if they wanted war they should break up because its not peaceful.only countrys governments can make the final decision of war or not.

FlyingJesus
09-10-2006, 11:25 PM
Korea aren't stupid, they're powerful but they wouldn't start nuclear war for no reason. They've had nuclear technology for decades - the Vietnam war was a bid by the Americans to stop them (failed, soz) and the long period of peace surely shows that they aren't that dangerous. Sure, they're secretive and all that, that's because they know what happens when communism is exposed to capitalism, and they're quite happy to go on as they are.

They're one of the most independantly sufficient countries in the world, have a massive rate of wealth coming into the country via trade from China and the UK, and let's face it, there's no actual reason why they shouldn't be allowed nuclear warheads. Ok, so they could attack someone. So could we. In fact, we do. We've been in a state of MAD (mutually assured destruction) for so long that nuclear weapons hardly count any more in real politics, they're just used as an excuse for us to invade other countries.

Also, the UK and US do nuclear testing all the time without telling people, as long as no-one tests on land they don't own it's fine.

Ezzie.
09-10-2006, 11:46 PM
You say they have alot of wealth flyingJesus but all of the country is in poverty in the lower classes ;l

Anyways If they attack south korea I'll join south korea and fight the northens with the way of tae kwon do :D

SupaIGA
10-10-2006, 06:12 AM
The problem with this is NO country in the world does testing anymore. The whole world signed and agreed to stop, however obviously N.Korea want to ignore this and go and test when they want.

For those that think the UK and USA still test nuclear weapons are very wrong, they did, but no longer do. Therefore this is a huge thing for N.Korea to do, one that I think most of you can't understand without knowning the facts, including me.

:Hazel
10-10-2006, 09:11 AM
Heard on the radio North Korea "could be punished." Can't remember what they said specifically because I was half asleep. Any country with Nuclear weapons can be a threat, it's not just Iran or whatever. What their reasons for doing this are really is anyones guess. Kind of dodgy though.

DiscoPat
10-10-2006, 08:45 PM
I believe that its good they did it; the reason I think this is because at the momant its the USA, UK, Russia and israil who is the most powerful weopon wise, and I think its wrong that especially America uses its powers for bad, also israil in second place, Israil and UK dont interfear in other peoples businesses so they are ok, my point is that in the past few years America has just attacked most Asian countries and so in return is geting more and more countries to want more protection just incase America hits them, so they want to test there weopons just incase, thats also the reason why Iran is actually doing all these new nuclear weopons, if America and other countries do it then why cant North Korea do it? All they want is to protect there country if a war happens..

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!