PDA

View Full Version : Need a game designing

pink@fluff
06-03-2005, 12:20 PM
is there anyone here that can design a game for me and give me the coding for it? i would give a rare for it if you wanted pay. the game needs to be habbo-related, something like a shoot the scammer or a game to do with passwords, or even a passwrod generator (though its not a game). anything like that will do. please reply if you think you could do that :)

splintercell!
06-03-2005, 12:54 PM
A password genreator is quite simple just abit of javascript...

pink@fluff
06-03-2005, 02:54 PM
Any chacne to could post the script here please? I'm kinda new at this..

smurf-you
06-03-2005, 03:01 PM
Well firstly, Games

What type of format of games, Flash .exe. Java ect

I could make a flash one

But it would be V.HARD if you want it good

Games arn't something that are 10 minute job nearer 10 month job

And i'm not kidding lol

Well i could make you a simple one but if you want something very good i couldn't possibly do it for free as it will take months :rolleyes:

Well i can help you out in couple weeks if you want a game

-JT-
06-03-2005, 03:38 PM
.exe games are my speciality but people always think there dodgy.

smurf-you
06-03-2005, 03:59 PM
What language do you use for .EXE?

And when i make .exe people think there dodgy as well as people write virus's in them, And most .exe files are:P

pink@fluff
06-03-2005, 04:20 PM
It doesnt have to be a *perfect* game just something that is playable. Your the experts on this so it would be up to you completely what program to use. Regards payment I cant pay in *real* money so that's up to you. But as I say it doesnt have to be perfect just playable.

smurf-you
06-03-2005, 05:55 PM
Well i'll give a game ago never tryed a shoot em up, I can do dress ups and racing ones best

I'll give it ago

P.S I'll need a script, Something to work of otherwise i cannot do it

EDIT: I can do it in couple weeks because then in new house and on my own computers but i can plan it now

pink@fluff
06-03-2005, 09:07 PM
Ok...I dont actually know what you mean by script, i'm a HTML n00b and a racing one sounds great :)

tommyddr
06-03-2005, 10:26 PM
I can do a Password Generator... I'm not entirely sure how to do it in Javascript, but do you have PHP on your webhost? I could write it in PHP...

-JT-
07-03-2005, 12:06 AM
tommy, would you like to work at my website?

pink@fluff
07-03-2005, 03:11 PM
hey dont start nicking my designers! (jkin jkin) tommy if you could do that it would be great (if it was really good i'll pay u sumthin..)

tommyddr
07-03-2005, 04:04 PM
I'll do the password generator then I'll help on your site, James. *Goes off to read the documentation on PHP's random functions*

smurf-you
07-03-2005, 05:04 PM
If you could right a script for the game it would help maybe some type of habbo racing game i could make

Need a script so i can start on it wednesday

pink@fluff
07-03-2005, 06:04 PM
look you'll have to explain this to me i dont KNOW what a script is i know everything else just not HTML

smurf-you
07-03-2005, 07:03 PM
A script as in storyline

because i need something to work off :rolleyes:

T0X!C-uk
07-03-2005, 07:08 PM
Well firstly, Games

What type of format of games, Flash .exe. Java ect

I could make a flash one

But it would be V.HARD if you want it good

Games arn't something that are 10 minute job nearer 10 month job

And i'm not kidding lol

Well i could make you a simple one but if you want something very good i couldn't possibly do it for free as it will take months

Well i can help you out in couple weeks if you want a game

LOL Flash games dont take 10 months they take about a week even for a good game.
Ive only been learning flash for 2 months and can already make Flash films, Games, Website layouts (Thanks to www.cartoonsmart.com (http://www.cartoonsmart.com))

I highly recommend buying tutorials from there most are only $9.95 which is around £5.50
Very Cheap and you learn alot

smurf-you
07-03-2005, 07:21 PM
I don't beleive in getting help of websites, I've been on that site before. He is very good at graphics as you can see

But i believe in learning yourself is the way to go

1. Easier to learn
2. Learn different types of coding
3. Funner

I also don't like how he programs i use different way

That's why it's better to learn your self, that way you can program at your own rate and style

And of corse it can take 10 months maybe 2 years
Habbo hotel isn't a over night project but more near the years marks depending on how many people work at sulake i suppect a fair few

And there professionals.

There for it can take up to 10 months if you want something done right. :D

Mentor
07-03-2005, 09:27 PM
1. .exe games arnt written by anythuing in particlar, its simply a compiled format, you can write flash, java or nearly any otehr langwage there is in to an exe file (excutable). athogh exes need to be downloaded and dont play on the web wich is a disadvantage.

As people have said most games will take quite a bit of work, dress up can be done pretty simple, but its not partily interesting.

a password script can be done in javascript pretty easy as its has good randmiser functilty.

download teh trial of flash, wich si rpetty good, athogh youd have to learn some livescripst to get a game (scores etc) wich im not that familar with. movies are pretty stare forward thogh.

pink@fluff
07-03-2005, 09:45 PM
thanks for your help everyone :)

tommyddr
08-03-2005, 02:22 AM
Okay... right now the randomizer only has numbers (easy). I think I'll set it up to use ASCII for letters (ASCII is a character... thingy, where each letter/character has it's own number).

T0X!C-uk
08-03-2005, 02:34 AM
smurf-you

1) habbo aint made in flash its made in Macromedia Director.
2) JD is a great flash expert he has worked for some major companies deisigning things
3) i take it you only saw the free tutorials so you wont have seen some of his better skills.
4) he dont tech you to code/design in his style he just shows you how things are done i have addapted my own way of doing things from watching him.

But yeah i get ya point so you should get mine :P

Kirk
08-03-2005, 05:18 AM
And of corse it can take 10 months maybe 2 years
Habbo hotel isn't a over night project but more near the years marks depending on how many people work at sulake i suppect a fair few

And there professionals.

There for it can take up to 10 months if you want something done right. :D

It didn't take my friend 10 months to make the Fusion City client and he ain't a professional, so they Habbo Hotel professionals must be really slow workers, or very bad at debugging.

:Lively
09-03-2005, 09:03 PM
whats the link to the flash trial page :s

tommyddr
09-03-2005, 10:07 PM
http://google.com

smurf-you
10-03-2005, 09:56 AM
smurf-you

1) habbo aint made in flash its made in Macromedia Director.
2) JD is a great flash expert he has worked for some major companies deisigning things
3) i take it you only saw the free tutorials so you wont have seen some of his better skills.
4) he dont tech you to code/design in his style he just shows you how things are done i have addapted my own way of doing things from watching him.

But yeah i get ya point so you should get mine :P

I did do some free tutorials, Werid that because at the time i wouldn't get it and wouldn't get it for abotu a week and when i was asleep i would wake up and have a idea or how it would work and it did. LOL

The website cartoon smart does tell you how he does it his way and i don't like how he codes i'll rather do it my way, But i've learnt what i needed to and the rest doesn't bother me

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!