PDA

View Full Version : Who do you think are blamed for childrens swearing.

Kannae
06-03-2005, 01:41 PM
I remember when I was a child, (ah the good old days!). The lunches smelt funny, but they were healthy. We would rome in the play ground for an hour at lunch then go do some games, or art or english etc. As I grew I went on to secondary school (where I am now) and I realised how children that turned into teenagers became less respectful. This I thought was normal for teenagers because well, we're teenagers. I finished school one day and went to collect my brother from school. He was in year 2 at the time and I spotted him coming out. As I went over to him, I saw a friend of his swearing at his mum and trying to drag himself to the floor. I took my brother home and thought nothing of it until tea. He didnt want his veg so swore at my mum. I was horrified to find that I was blamed for it. I never swore at that age.
So who is to blame? Schools, friends, family or all?

Liberal Rob
06-03-2005, 02:57 PM
I'd say friends because its like smoking, you generally want to fit into the crowd. I actually started swearing by saying the word ***** only becuase my friends told me it wasn't a swear word, gradually over time words were added lol

Janumz
07-03-2005, 07:41 PM
Yes, I agree..
I think friends are probably to blame, because (As Rob said) the child, will then fit into the crowd, and not feel out of place. Friends usually incourage people to do it aswell..
Like, without friends, most people that smoke/drink would not be doing that, if their friends hadn't "lulled" them into it.

lukeisok
07-03-2005, 07:44 PM
I Think Parents,

All Parents Let A Bad Word Slip :l

Luayminator
19-03-2005, 12:03 PM
DEFFINNATLLYY the friends.

Angel-Light
20-03-2005, 05:42 PM
Technically there isn't a right person to point at cause it could be a number of things? Yes we can blame friends but also where did they start swearing from? Family, ok your parents may let words slip at tim. My parents used to swear all the time when I was in my primary school days but I never swore once o.O TV could also be a blame as more and more programmes are swearing. Eastenders, had Chrissy, Sam and Zoe swear before the watershed? Also having live shows and arguments breaking out on them such as Fame Academy. School can also get the blame depending on how your shcool is. At my school it is being named the worst High School in Scotland sadly as it is falling down, pupils are taking drugs, fights occur every lunchtime. Three fights everyday I have counted. Discipline has no affect at our school. It's crazy!

I think what I'm saying is that, no one person or stereotype group can be blamed but all of these things I have mentioned above. Let's hope the communtiy the new generation grow up in is a lot nicer. :)

Szam
20-03-2005, 05:46 PM
Number of things to blame: type of up bringing,friends,family,music and most important tv/films! And of course wanting to be like everyone else, is it really that bad though? Only words not actions.

MYKE!
20-03-2005, 05:50 PM
A bit of everything really i guess.
But i've never ever offensive.
Words can't hurt u, can they?

Pulchritudinous
20-03-2005, 06:14 PM
Yes they can, sometimes I wish the human language was never created, because of how many problems it has caused, but then it has made alot of things better, so there's two arguments, I think it's generally up to you, if your a strong person, you should be able to make the decision not to swear, I don't swear too often, and only for good reasons, well not always, but I only swear at people for good reasons, and not often.

If your not a selfish person, you should be able to realise respect is important.

la-ur-en
20-03-2005, 06:41 PM
Well, it's nobodys fault except yourselfs really. I mean, yeah, you can blame all of these things, but, who is the person getting talked into it? Yourself! If my friend was to come up to me and tell me to take a drug, i would say no, but if she kept asking me, and eventually i said yes, it wouldn't be her who made me do it, it would have been me, nobody can really be made to do something, we have all got a conscience. I see alot wrong with our teenagers today, they think they can do whatever, especially 12-15, as they know the wont get jailed unless doing a SERIOUS offence, but going about spray painting will only cause a fine to the parents, which i disagree with, i think the teens caught doing this type of stuff should be put on some community service to pay off the damage. And its shocking to think that some people have lost complete respect for there parents to curse at them.

Pulchritudinous
21-03-2005, 05:55 PM
Well, it's nobodys fault except yourselfs really. I mean, yeah, you can blame all of these things, but, who is the person getting talked into it? Yourself! If my friend was to come up to me and tell me to take a drug, i would say no, but if she kept asking me, and eventually i said yes, it wouldn't be her who made me do it, it would have been me, nobody can really be made to do something, we have all got a conscience. I see alot wrong with our teenagers today, they think they can do whatever, especially 12-15, as they know the wont get jailed unless doing a SERIOUS offence, but going about spray painting will only cause a fine to the parents, which i disagree with, i think the teens caught doing this type of stuff should be put on some community service to pay off the damage. And its shocking to think that some people have lost complete respect for there parents to curse at them.

Yep, I don't know anyone who is influenced by music etc to do things, the only things that influence me are actually my friends, although I mostly go by my gut feeling, most people do.

Homosexual
21-03-2005, 06:39 PM
Parents - They always swear.

Mentor
21-03-2005, 09:07 PM
a sware word is just a word. Its the people listing who make them bad.

splintercell!
22-03-2005, 09:35 AM
Yeh a swear word is just like a common word which posh people said was bad because its common.. and people picked it up.. theres nothing wrong with them :S

Fingerboots
22-03-2005, 09:41 AM
I think it can be media a lot as well, like TV programmes, music. And of course your peers (friends and youths around your own age)
Hardly any of my friends swear, except one.. I swear she has tourettes (sp?) quite funny how long she can go ahh :')

Fawne
22-03-2005, 11:14 AM
Well really everyone is an influence.
People always influence you into bad things.
You probably once was a 'bad'/'good' influence to someone.
Parents, Friends etc.
We're all influenced to do things.

Even Animals, some people get so obsessed that they want to be one.
It would see that nowadays, we don't even notice it.

Ciaran
22-03-2005, 12:59 PM
lol 100% school definatly because just wallking round school you hear it all day

Scriptermone
22-03-2005, 01:12 PM
I think all personally, Mainly Friends, Peer Pressure is the problem...

xJoeYx
31-03-2005, 12:04 AM
ummmm, i say you pick it up from your friends and other kids the same age and older, at a young age you think its cool and a mature thing to do so you mimic it to try and act big. I dont think theres a way to stop it, its natural, and face it everyone swears - maybe not always in front of other people though, for me, its an easy way to vent some anger and better than getting violent and physical.

Lerf
29-04-2005, 03:50 PM
I didn't manage to get my vote in on time but I would have said ALL! However, I think people start to swear more because of friends, then their family followed by school

.Amberz.
06-05-2005, 08:24 PM
Friends 'n' Family personally, I'd think people would pick it up from, for sure! :D

rosie387
09-05-2005, 04:32 PM
Erm i would have to go for Friends my paernts dont really swear well they do when they are drunk or i annoy them but thats the fun of it :) Mwhaha

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!