PDA

View Full Version : [Bobba] They have enough money to build new offices but cant buy new servers?

Cypher-
06-03-2005, 02:09 PM
Im sorry but i have to complain about this. The likes of fusioncity and dubit have excellent quick servers that can handle the amount of users using their systems every day of the week (dubit has 4 times more users than habbo) but what i dont get is that sulake can afford to build offices in such remote countries eg Latvia where its obvious the hotel wont succeed. Even in countries like Norway it has been a waste of money but on the uk hotel the lag is still absolutely ridiculous because of the poor service supplied by the kultakala (i think) servers which run in the uk offices.

Anyone Agree?

Szam
06-03-2005, 03:39 PM
The lag is quite a bad problem especially on the UK hotel but they probably want to focus on expanding habbo more first but they really should take care of the customers they already have such as fixing the lag.

joshuar
06-03-2005, 04:26 PM
Yes, the lag in the rooms is bad enough!

But however the message lag is horrific. When I go on USA sometimes I send a message and they get it instantly!

They need brand spanking new servers!

BlueTails
06-03-2005, 05:44 PM
habbo is hated becoz of lags :(

Staceh2
06-03-2005, 07:31 PM
It is inapproapriate for habbo to get new servers. The reason for the amount of lag is not because of the server, it is because of how many users are on per time, i mean, imagine if you had 7000 programs/windows running at the same time, your computer would go slow.

Kezzo
06-03-2005, 08:31 PM
there was like 20 min lag earlier it was unbelievable

Mark_E
07-03-2005, 05:40 PM
Ive known it be like an hour and a half before....

Elegant.
07-03-2005, 05:59 PM
i wanna be hotwl manager callie

platinum101
08-03-2005, 07:11 AM
Im sorry but i have to complain about this. The likes of fusioncity and dubit have excellent quick servers that can handle the amount of users using their systems every day of the week (dubit has 4 times more users than habbo) but what i dont get is that sulake can afford to build offices in such remote countries eg Latvia where its obvious the hotel wont succeed. Even in countries like Norway it has been a waste of money but on the uk hotel the lag is still absolutely ridiculous because of the poor service supplied by the kultakala (i think) servers which run in the uk offices.

Anyone Agree?

Kultakala is the finnish word for goldfish mate.

There is a place that has a name that is almost the same as kultakala and thats kolkata (calcutta) which you will find is in the east of india.

The other funny thing is I live in New Zealand (That isnt the funny part) and I only ever get lag every so often, and I seem to get less then people in the uk which is strange.

Revis
08-03-2005, 07:01 PM
Runescape has 70000+ users on about 60 servers with hardly any lag. Habbo don't build offices as that would cost too much, they probably just rent them. I think it's the game engine which cant handle the users not the servers, Habbo 7.0 might be better.

Xaen
09-03-2005, 03:00 PM
Yeah, they should really buy some new servers. Basically when you get d/c on Uk, its because someone with HC is signing on to the server when it's full or when you get the Opps.. Can't connect! They should atleast boost the server load up to 15,000. Atleast more people could get on, without being as laggy.

Adzeh
09-03-2005, 08:22 PM
The lag is quite a bad problem especially on the UK hotel but they probably want to focus on expanding habbo more first but they really should take care of the customers they already have such as fixing the lag.

lol you sound like that guy from that bank advert.

But I agree that the amount of lag is ridiculous and that a couple of hundred quid a month would make alot of difference to us habbos.

good point mate.

Dave,
09-03-2005, 08:28 PM
It does have bad lagg but I am not bothered by it. Fusioncity isn't even up yet so you odn't know if it will have lagg. Also like DED.MAN.LIVIN they rent the offices not build them, you know how much it would cost to build a new office in London?

Adzeh
09-03-2005, 08:50 PM
I thought that they owned them, obviously I knew they didnt buy them from scratch.

the only lag that really bothers me is the console lag.

Cypher-
11-03-2005, 06:00 PM
Kultakala is the finnish word for goldfish mate.

There is a place that has a name that is almost the same as kultakala and thats kolkata (calcutta) which you will find is in the east of india.

The other funny thing is I live in New Zealand (That isnt the funny part) and I only ever get lag every so often, and I seem to get less then people in the uk which is strange.

Kultakala is also what sulake named the server which hosted habbox, if you dont believe me check out habbo using firefox and look at the image transfers ;)

Cypher-
11-03-2005, 06:12 PM
Actually my apologies, sulake did have a server called kultakala but are now using the imrworldwide server system because ive just check on the sulake page.

G-flow
11-03-2005, 06:14 PM
I agree with ya cypher , they should get new servers!

Max
11-03-2005, 06:14 PM
I dont think the servers are that bad.
There are just so much users on habbo.co.uk
Holland has like 800 users
Norway 315 users..

Rareoid
11-03-2005, 06:25 PM
Fusion City is currently just a forum not a chatsite so they can't be used as an example.

You try finding out how much a server to accomodate 10,000 people using it at the same time. Tell me how much it is when you know :) Then find out how much rent Habbo pay for their offices and compare too. I will be VERY interested with your findings :)

ash5768
12-03-2005, 09:52 PM
I think every1 has sed everythin there is 2 say bout it now but still, its stupid isn it

Ballet=life
13-03-2005, 12:16 PM
Runescape has 70000+ users on about 60 servers with hardly any lag. Habbo don't build offices as that would cost too much, they probably just rent them. I think it's the game engine which cant handle the users not the servers, Habbo 7.0 might be better.

Runescape get's lot's of lag actually...... Yesterday I typed something, and I had to wait 5 mins before I actually saw it in the typing box. If you try to talk while there is lag, I find it makes it worse. So I just shut up when there is lag and AFTERWARDS and go: Ahieeeee Laggy.
You've got to think about how hard they are working, and just live with the lag.
Someday it will be sorted. :) (Hopefully :P)

And I agree, on habbo 7.0 it might be better.

platinum101
13-03-2005, 09:59 PM
Kultakala is also what sulake named the server which hosted habbox, if you dont believe me check out habbo using firefox and look at the image transfers ;)

The idea for habbo hotel was called project kultakala, which meens project goldfish in english, please search kultakala on goolgle and you will get alot pictures of goldfish and some of habbohotel kultakala.
Considering the company who made habbo hotel was finnish I translated the word (kultakala) and the only meening you get is goldfish.

platinum101
13-03-2005, 10:01 PM
Actually my apologies, sulake did have a server called kultakala but are now using the imrworldwide server system because ive just check on the sulake page.

Ohh ok, I didnt know that they had changed?,
thanks for the informations :)

Luckyrare
15-03-2005, 05:45 PM
Ye, The Worst thing Is Console Lag :eusa_wall

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!