PDA

View Full Version : Penalty Kicks, Are they always fair ?

Luayminator
06-03-2005, 03:46 PM
Well as we all know , most of us support different teams and we might think that when A penalty is awarded to our team its fair and to the others its unfair. But forgetting about all of them, Sometimes referees are criticized for bad judgement of a foul in the penalty area, what do you think?

danny1541
06-03-2005, 07:08 PM
Well as we all know , most of us support different teams and we might think that when A penalty is awarded to our team its fair and to the others its unfair. But forgetting about all of them, Sometimes referees are criticized for bad judgement of a foul in the penalty area, what do you think?

Simple technology :)

zainx
06-03-2005, 08:59 PM
i have been thiniking about them bringing in technolgy but it will get rid of all the exitment of a game, u canrt say yes or no to the poll as it depends on the circumstances

Mined
06-03-2005, 09:22 PM
Nope, Euro 2004
Beckhams freeKick - The dirt was Piled up.

SSC7
07-03-2005, 02:00 AM
Yeah but that was becks fault. If he could see the dirt was piled up he could've told someone or tried to fix it. Stampping on it obviously did no good. I think refs in some cases can be good and can be bad. The rooney dive against arsenal was bad but I feel bad for refs when players are diving around because its hard to tell from their point of view.

Luayminator
07-03-2005, 11:12 AM
All very good ideas. I dont think technology should be used, cuz sometimes whats fun is to get angry over a wrong decision or be happy about one. And since Im a United fan, an example is Man.U VS Tottenham... Tottenham scored and it passed the line and the Ref said no goal :D

Infrontation
07-03-2005, 01:20 PM
Half the time the Keeper comes off the line before strike of ball :o TuTuT

danny1541
07-03-2005, 10:05 PM
i think cameras should be plotted on the goal line no where else.. so they know if the keeper jumps of his line b4 penalty taken and most importantly the goals :)

Luayminator
08-03-2005, 12:53 PM
Half the time the Keeper comes off the line before strike of ball :o TuTuT
I find that very annoying ... it happens like 80 percent of the time

Infrontation
08-03-2005, 05:08 PM
:) If you watched the /-\rsenal match. Btw i support Man u! But... Lehmen came of the line barely anything and was pulled back when he saved it! And then in a crucial Penalty He was 2Metres of his line and saved it and got away with it. >.<

Mit
10-03-2005, 06:49 PM
of course sometimes refs give wrong decisons for penalties. it happens all the time, its part of football! The part that makes it so exciting

danny1541
10-03-2005, 07:13 PM
Not when ur weeed off and are winning till the 90th min it isnt :(

GoldenGrahams
11-03-2005, 01:36 PM
Video Technology would be great for the game. Okay, so it may spoil the free flow, but correct decisions NEED to be made. It's simple logic and justice. Rugby Union may not be the most exciting game on earth, but their rules are played cleanly and fairly, and hard decisions are decided with the click of a button. Now if vid tech was introduced to football, I'd be a huge fan of it ;) and England would NOT have gone out in Benfica! :P

danny1541
11-03-2005, 03:55 PM
Video Technology would be great for the game. Okay, so it may spoil the free flow, but correct decisions NEED to be made. It's simple logic and justice. Rugby Union may not be the most exciting game on earth, but their rules are played cleanly and fairly, and hard decisions are decided with the click of a button. Now if vid tech was introduced to football, I'd be a huge fan of it ;) and England would NOT have gone out in Benfica! :P

Lol fair point union always stops and starts h8 it

Davisman
20-03-2005, 02:49 PM
Well if technology was in it would be too perfect and always right, which is boring.

U see, refs are usually equal to both sides.

One game the ref gives an unfair goal to the opposition and in anothert he gives it to your side!:D

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!