PDA

View Full Version : Infractions Rant

Shatter
12-10-2006, 06:20 PM
These are good, used in the right way. Alot of the mods here seem to be abusing the right to give people infractions. C'mon, an infraction for somone going ':o:o:o:o'. And i had one for 'i lol'd' when it was funny.

I find it really annoying how strict staff are. Its a forum! Not a place of work. You treat us all like were babies. Why cant people use mild swearing? Alot of forums alow this. Also i dont know any forums where you get

EDIT BY BLAH BLAH - YOU HAVE POINTLESS POSTED NAUGHTY!

To be honest pathetic. Let people do what they please. I bet you cant name another forum which does this acept for the crap habbo fansites which are bored loosers with nothing to do. A bit like the people giving infractions.

Why cant the staff just lighten up a bit? It would make this forum alot more inviting to other people and the people already on it.

-Rant Over

brandon
12-10-2006, 06:22 PM
The mods don't make up the rules, they abide by and enforce them.

dirrty
12-10-2006, 06:23 PM
Some users are young and dont wish to see swearing or people being rude on the forum. Also, others who are older do not wish to see that kind of thing.

Its like if you went to someones house and if they asked you to take your shoes off you do. You dont say, well at someone elses house i dont take my shoes off. Its polite. :)

Shatter
12-10-2006, 06:23 PM
Still no reason for people to get infacted for

':o:o:o:o:o'

' i lol'd '

Also stuff like this:
http://habboxforum.com/showpost.php?p=2195728&postcount=3

Hes not even being rude!

Staff need to lighten up deffo.

Plus mild swearing should be allowed. Not heavy.

DJ Dut Chat
12-10-2006, 06:38 PM
yeah i got sum pointless infractions

i got 1 for saying wow thats a big ***** to someone askin to rate their cat avater

im like

OMG J00 N00b!!!

:D

Shatter
12-10-2006, 06:39 PM
yeah i got sum pointless infractions

i got 1 for saying wow thats a big ***** to someone askin to rate their cat avater

im like

OMG J00 N00b!!!

:D

mhm, they need to lighten up and relise they'r not at school/work.

Sir-Cameron
12-10-2006, 07:24 PM
Dude we're teenagers, what do you expect?
Things like "no double posting" or "don't post things like 'cool'" is just stupid.
Although I do think swearing shouldn't be allowed no matter how bad... as <x3 we have some users like under 10 and stuff.
But getting an infraction for

OMG J00 N00b!!!
is a bit stupid.
We are teenagers, and by the way it is said it's obviously said in a bit of a joke way.
If it were like:
"Omg, you are a complete noob :l" it isn't a joke but if it's how he said it it is OBVIOUSLY a joke.

Shatter
12-10-2006, 07:36 PM
Dude we're teenagers, what do you expect?
Things like "no double posting" or "don't post things like 'cool'" is just stupid.
Although I do think swearing shouldn't be allowed no matter how bad... as <x3 we have some users like under 10 and stuff.
But getting an infraction for
[/color]
is a bit stupid.
We are teenagers, and by the way it is said it's obviously said in a bit of a joke way.
If it were like:
"Omg, you are a complete noob :l" it isn't a joke but if it's how he said it it is OBVIOUSLY a joke.

Thats my point..

Ostinato
12-10-2006, 07:49 PM
Posting like ':o:o:o:o' is classed as pointless as it isn't adding any information or isn't contributing to the thread whatsoever.

If you have any issues with infractions you have received, please post them here; http://www.habboxforum.com/showthread.php?t=217105

Ostinato
(Assistant Forum Manager)

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!