PDA

View Full Version : It's amazing how much money some people spend.

HaNnEs
12-10-2006, 08:01 PM
Ok i'm sick and tired of this ****ing **** it ****es me off and makes me want to throw somebody out a window. :@

Basically people spend so much money on crap like Habbo Hotel and World of Warcraft it's ridiculous and depraved. many a night I lose sleep over it. All that money spent on things you will never see. :rolleyes:

I'm just sat here thinking, you know how much that could buy in the third reich? A lifetime of bread and wine and companionship with the führer? Ugh.

What are your opinions on this dastardly virtual world we now live in?

TTTTTTTTTTTTTV3
12-10-2006, 08:02 PM
Hitla, lol. Ur a recaeist.

Dollops (Super Moderator) Please stay on topic

YellowParasol
12-10-2006, 08:02 PM
Well i don't really have a say as i don't spend money on Habbo or anything like that

dirrty
12-10-2006, 08:03 PM
Its their money and they can do what they want?

But i agree with you. Spending so much on habbo or w.e and always on it shows that you have no social life.

clarissa !!
12-10-2006, 08:03 PM
they can do what they want with their money tbh

VanHalen
12-10-2006, 08:04 PM
This probably won't change their minds.

GommeInc
12-10-2006, 08:04 PM
My views are some people care to much about people they can't see, for no actual logical reason that they lose sleep over it. I do agree, it is a bit stupid. But it is their money that they are wasting. Let them, just butting in makes you rude and worse than them. They are spending it on literally harmless fun?

HaNnEs
12-10-2006, 08:05 PM
This probably won't change their minds.

I know but it still annoys the hell out of me. April 30 1945 never forget

VanHalen
12-10-2006, 08:08 PM
I know but it still annoys the hell out of me. April 30 1945 never forget

Do you have an obsession with the Nazis and the 3rd Reich?

HaNnEs
12-10-2006, 08:11 PM
Do you have an obsession with the Nazis and the 3rd Reich?

Not really I was just using it as a comparison. To how culture is today and how hard life was back then but people pulled through anyway.

Slash
12-10-2006, 08:14 PM
It is a tad stupid.
Yet, people can spend their money on whatever they want.

VanHalen
12-10-2006, 08:14 PM
Not really I was just using it as a comparison. To how culture is today and how hard life was back then but people pulled through anyway.

Well back to the subject I honestly don't care what other people do. It's their life. Doesn't bother me in the slightest.

Jesus-Egg
12-10-2006, 08:19 PM
If they want to waste their money, it's their choice.

Anyway, they (probably) will eventually wake up one day, and think to themselves, "why the hell am i wasting my money on this crap?"

-Soph-
12-10-2006, 08:20 PM
I guess most people have earnt the money so they can spend it how they want I guess..
But I do prefer things I can actually have than "virtual" things

:Hazel
12-10-2006, 08:43 PM
Trust me there are more things to worry about..

L3aas
12-10-2006, 08:55 PM
Ok i'm sick and tired of this ****ing **** it ****es me off and makes me want to throw somebody out a window. :@

Basically people spend so much money on crap like Habbo Hotel and World of Warcraft it's ridiculous and depraved. many a night I lose sleep over it. All that money spent on things you will never see. :rolleyes:

I'm just sat here thinking, you know how much that could buy in the third reich? A lifetime of bread and wine and companionship with the führer? Ugh.

I woudnt bother losing sleep over it mate.

its there money they can do waht they like as people said
although it is a bit sad when you see the likes of nyxta and btw etc. think how much money they must have spent! hundreds and hundreds, and there is so much better places for that money to go.

Although habbo do have a habit of exploiting 12-14 year olds to spend, spend and spend some more on habbo. you can't really blame them.

cocaine
12-10-2006, 09:01 PM
Thats kinda why I dont buy VIP.

HUGECOOL
12-10-2006, 09:07 PM
People pay for certain services and it's nothing out of this world. Take this forum for example- many people buy VIP, and although it's not a tangible service/product, the money is used to support the website and keep it running. The same goes for every other business that charges for premium services. There has to be income in order for that business to survive, and if people feel the business has met or exceeded their expectations, most people are likely to be more than happy to pay for services said business has to offer.

Many of the services we buy aren't tangible (Internet service, cellphone service, etc.) and what a person might consider to be a waste of money can be a key element to daily living to someone else. Online services, games especially, are a form of entertainment to many people, and it's not surprising that they'd pay for those services if this hobby was something they enjoy doing.

Desjardens
12-10-2006, 09:08 PM
Easy on the swearing xD

FlyingJesus
12-10-2006, 10:01 PM
Heaven forbid that people spend money on things they enjoy!

RedStratocas
12-10-2006, 11:02 PM

NOW? People have been greedy for all time, this isnt some age of where people buy useless crap. Its been going on ever since money.

What do you care how people spend their money?

FlyingJesus
12-10-2006, 11:10 PM
I fail to realise what the connection between Habbo and the rise and fall of the Nazi party is exactly.

BL!NKEY
12-10-2006, 11:29 PM
I dont see it as a waste of money to buy habbo furni.

They can buy furni and have fun.

Is it a waste of money to play an arcade game?

Is it a waste of money to go to the movies?

They are spending time on habbo so why not give back and buy furni.

Some habbos have more fun on the game if they buy more furni.

I dont want to spend my money on furni because I think it is better to just trade but other people like to buy rares from the catalog and norms for their rooms.

Hurts
13-10-2006, 01:13 AM
I don't find it a waste as i only top up my HC every 3 months ( 2 sms ) Which is 6 Quid for 3 months HC, i spend around 14 Quid each time i vist the cinema, ( Ticket, Travel, Food ). I find it a waste to people who spend like 10+ Per week.

BL!NKEY
13-10-2006, 01:17 AM
I find it a waste to people who spend like 10+ Per week.

It is not a waste.

They spend their money on the game because they have fun and want to spend the money on it.

You might think it is not a good thing to do with money but they dont think it is a waste so that is whey they are spending it.

I only spend 105 credits every 1/2 year on hc. I have never bought a norm because I can trade for them. The only things I have ever bought from the catalog were 3 petals a few years ago and I sold them for like 5 hcs each.

But saying someone spending credits a lot is a waste is not right. Because they think it is a good way to spend their money or they wouldnt do it.

RedStratocas
13-10-2006, 01:20 AM
Money is never wasted, only transacted in my opinion.

rln444
13-10-2006, 01:21 AM
I believe spending 20$ per year on habbo is okay. *That's basically what I do...* I think habbo should do more Pro-Charity things, like donate 20$ to a chairty of habbos choice and you get a Rare. That would be nice.

Hurts
13-10-2006, 02:28 AM
I believe spending 20$ per year on habbo is okay. *That's basically what I do...* I think habbo should do more Pro-Charity things, like donate 20$ to a chairty of habbos choice and you get a Rare. That would be nice.

That's a good idea, it wouldnt hurt Habbo to but i doubt they will, well i guess its up to you how much you spend on the game, what ever floats your boat.

shut up
13-10-2006, 06:44 AM
spending money on habbo is really no worse than spending money on dvds, games, cd's etc.

-Soph-
13-10-2006, 06:47 AM
I think spending tons on habbo is a bit of a waste, I only buy HC. But at the end of the day, Its their money I guess.

Thrust
13-10-2006, 08:30 AM
Does it look like im bovad? if they wnt to waste der money then they can. Its nt ur prob to worry about.

13-10-2006, 09:00 AM
It's up to the individual and opinion, some people may see it as a waste of money while others see it as their hobby and something they enjoy doing. Personally I think its a waste of money but I don't spend money on the internet and thats my perogative.

You
13-10-2006, 10:18 AM
If they want to spend their money then let them, nothing to do with any of us

Thrust
13-10-2006, 11:05 AM
ive spent about 25 pounds on habbo :( regretments do happen.

:Jamie
13-10-2006, 11:31 AM
People earn their money and spend it how they like, don't see why anyone else should care.

Bear-Max
13-10-2006, 03:56 PM

While I agree that people spend money on complete rubbish, your analogy is pretty crap. The rentenmark was a completely different currency, and besides, things grow naturally more expensive over time. £100 fifty years ago is not the same as £100 today.

nets
13-10-2006, 04:57 PM
I don't hold anything against people for purchasing services they get enjoyment from, however it's worrying how people "enjoy" Habbo..

Colin-Roberts
13-10-2006, 10:51 PM
so you saying domains, hosting, shoutcast is pointless also??
its all virtual stuff but the world wouldnt be the same without it.

Kymux
13-10-2006, 10:53 PM

DASTARDLY AND MUTLEY WOOOO!

yes its terrible. many die a year due to habbohotel.

i spend my money on stuf that is useful like alcohol and alchol and drugs..

HaNnEs
15-11-2006, 07:51 PM
I hear about the children dying on World of Warcraft. It's sly and cruel and decieptful.

Makes me wonder what happened to the human race.

Oh wait. That's right.

COMMUNISM

lSander
15-11-2006, 08:20 PM
I spent £200 on a hoody and blouse, it's my money, I do what I want with it, shh .

PenguinFluid
16-11-2006, 09:06 AM
i spent some money on habbo over the last year and recently ive been hacked which just scrrews it up.
i lost a red laser gate reen pillow and green birdbaths and somehcs just like that cause of some n00b i no this is really sad and i think it is now but i must of spent about 100quid on habbo including 4months hc. my freind spent about 110pounds on habbo got hacked lost2thrones . recently just came back on and spent 20 on credits again wasting it on norms and 3months of hc.
i woke up the other day and thought stuff this i shouldnt be wasting my money on this virtual garbage and now i dnt. the only think i will ever my again is habboxvip i bought 1month and its gone - now i got contract phone :-( so ill have to wait for about a year then buy 6 months of habboxvip
soz for the extreemly long post but my conclusion is its up to u what u spend ur money on but beware once u buy creds u get addicted to them like me and u cant stop

*gets A+*

:dallsgreen
17-11-2006, 03:14 AM
It's dumb, but also if web sites can make money off stupid people I say power to them.

BL!NKEY
17-11-2006, 03:50 AM
You pay money (or probably your parents) for the TV cable bill.

There is nothing material you can take away from the tv.

But it is entertaining to watch tv.

For some people paying for habbo is like paying for entertainment.

The more money they put into it, the more fun they have.

WoW is the same thing. You pay for your internet connection every month and the cable bill.

Personally I have only bought credits for habbo a few times and I only spend it on HC. If there is a way to avoid spending money then it would be better. But habbo is also a company which provides a free service for those who dont pay for credits. If you play alot maybe it is good to give a little back to habbo for all the entertainment you got out of it.

Eamonn
17-11-2006, 08:14 AM
they can do what they want with their money tbh
what sexy said.

Roboevil
17-11-2006, 11:46 AM
I really hate wasting my time on idiots who think paying for nothing physical is a waste of money. Your idea of saying that the money could be spent on helping someone's life by feeding them in a third world country that on Habbo is stupid. Okay well done, yes it could feed them, perhaps not wine as that can be expensive, water would have been a more appropriate drink to suggest. However this is our country that we've developed over the years through our economy and whatever so we have the right to spend our own money and if people want to spend as much as they can on Habbo, get hacked and start again, they can. I've been hacked a few times and I've spent alot of money on Habbo and I don't regret spending any of it as I didn't waste it and I've had 3 or 4 years of entertainment or whatever out of it.
I also don't know why you're comparing us to 50 or 60 years ago when they had such a hard life in the war, why should we care about what happened to them and why aren't we allowed to take what we have for granted? Compare to 500 years ago, people in the 1940's took what they had for granted...
May I also point out Joshuar that you're view is very arrogant and I'm surprised you could be so narrow minded as to say how you can't see how people find fun in Habbo. There are some things that I don't find fun yet I can easily see how others can... ¬¬

17-11-2006, 12:34 PM
I really hate wasting my time on idiots who think paying for nothing physical is a waste of money. Your idea of saying that the money could be spent on helping someone's life by feeding them in a third world country that on Habbo is stupid. Okay well done, yes it could feed them, perhaps not wine as that can be expensive, water would have been a more appropriate drink to suggest. However this is our country that we've developed over the years through our economy and whatever so we have the right to spend our own money and if people want to spend as much as they can on Habbo, get hacked and start again, they can. I've been hacked a few times and I've spent alot of money on Habbo and I don't regret spending any of it as I didn't waste it and I've had 3 or 4 years of entertainment or whatever out of it.
I also don't know why you're comparing us to 50 or 60 years ago when they had such a hard life in the war, why should we care about what happened to them and why aren't we allowed to take what we have for granted? Compare to 500 years ago, people in the 1940's took what they had for granted...
May I also point out Joshuar that you're view is very arrogant and I'm surprised you could be so narrow minded as to say how you can't see how people find fun in Habbo. There are some things that I don't find fun yet I can easily see how others can... ¬¬

I can see your point but as some (including me) have the opinion that we would not wish to waste our money on habbo, others do seem to get snotty about this. OMG ITS MY MONEY I CAN SPEND IT HOW I LIKE. Yeah you do that, doesn't bother me in the slightest, but I will stick to my opinion that it is a waste of time. And like many others i'd rather spend my money on something much more productive.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!