PDA

View Full Version : How odd...

Dan2nd
13-10-2006, 04:10 PM
Theres this girl at college who dress's in like 19th centery clothes and has her hair tied back really tight and put in a bun. She also speaks really posh with really old fashioned words. So the other day I decided to ask here some questions ... I asked her What is it like being like she is? She laughed and said they have no
Electricity (sp?) which means no TV, computers , game consols ,lights or even central heating.

She then went on to tell me they walk everywhere and they never use anything which is mordern(sp?) they just live the simple I forgot what she said her way of life was called but I thought it was quite intresting what you guys think?

cocaine
13-10-2006, 04:13 PM
I couldn't live like that.

Scriptermone
13-10-2006, 04:14 PM
Amish.

Dan2nd
13-10-2006, 04:15 PM
Amish.

Thats it !! lol yeh she said she was amish

English
13-10-2006, 04:21 PM
Yeah she sounds Amish, although they use horse/carriage for travel sometimes. They also generally have a native language depending on where they live like the Amish community in Iowa near Pensylvania do. Recently the Amish have been in the news due to the killing of some Amish schoolgirls by a non Amish. The Amish forgave him and some even attended his funeral, although not the church part due to them not believing in churches and instead prayed at their barn.

-Soph-
13-10-2006, 04:21 PM
I really couldnt live like that

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!