PDA

View Full Version : Pay by SMS

Lycan
16-10-2006, 06:21 PM
Research

Pay by SMS

nearly everyone has a mobile not everyone has paypal..

sooo

If i were to set up a Shoutcast hosting site powered by the wows and wonders of sms would people want to use it

(please awnser in general and not your own personal feelings towards me or the fact that you have shoutcast and that i should go away and die)

Many Thanks

Chris

uber
16-10-2006, 06:22 PM
no because SMS isn't automated.
unless you used the GLPayments thing where u got a code, then u could make it so that once the code is entered it makes their account.

v complicated tho

london
16-10-2006, 06:24 PM
yeep. Some teens don't ave paypal but most have a phone.

Lycan
16-10-2006, 06:28 PM
no because SMS isn't automated.
unless you used the GLPayments thing where u got a code, then u could make it so that once the code is entered it makes their account.

v complicated tho

hmm, thats a very good point but most are willing to wait atleast 12 hours to be activated

Thankyou

Bomb-Head
16-10-2006, 06:31 PM
Yeh i know i would pay by SMS..

ADAMS
16-10-2006, 06:32 PM
No, paypal let you top up your paypal account via sms what is better then you get auto set up.

adm
16-10-2006, 06:33 PM
Yes, and domains and ordinary hosting - good idea mr.lycan

Lycan
16-10-2006, 06:33 PM
No, paypal let you top up your paypal account via sms what is better then you get auto set up.

That still involves paypal - which (i no most ignore this) is an 18+ service

Would people rather use SMS per month or Not

Yes, and domains and ordinary hosting - good idea mr.lycan

Hosting would be another future project , i hope to restart hosting service soon offering Paybysms features only including hosting/domains/shoutcast

but i need to get research done first (need to be well prepared for projects such as theese)

Greenlight does have my eye at the momment - i'd probebly startout with the free ID message then as popularity grew (as well as income) switch to the personlised code

ebay
16-10-2006, 07:11 PM
there would be loads of scams though with sms

Lycan
16-10-2006, 07:14 PM
Define Scams

i no how currently there is funri for codes on habbo but i doubt anyone would do the same for hosting/shoutcast etc

anyway if you could give examples it would help (in both research and avoidence)

redtom
16-10-2006, 07:15 PM
i would, i dont use paypal because my dad probly would't let me so i could't transfer money from my bank account, so i can only use my debit card online and thats risky with hosts now as there are so many most not even lasting a month and i would't want any of them sites with my debit card details

Lycan
16-10-2006, 07:16 PM
i would, i dont use paypal because my dad probly would't let me so i could't transfer money from my bank account, so i can only use my debit card online and thats risky with hosts now as there are so many most not even lasting a month and i would't want any of them sites with my debit card details

Another great point

insecurity of debit cards on sites as well as 1 month sites

Thankyou :)

beer
16-10-2006, 08:27 PM
If I didnt have paypal now i defienetely would. Actually, thinking about it I would do it even if i do have paypal I prefer SMS anyway. But then again its not often that I have fone credit.

Lycan
16-10-2006, 08:38 PM
If I didnt have paypal now i defienetely would. Actually, thinking about it I would do it even if i do have paypal I prefer SMS anyway. But then again its not often that I have fone credit.

That is a giant point, i rarely have money i can spend on what i want on my phone, normally used for business or social needs

alexxxxx
16-10-2006, 08:38 PM
Isn't GLPay when you have to have £50 in your account before you can get the money?

Lycan
16-10-2006, 08:39 PM
£40 and Yes,

but from the support of replies so far that doesn't seem that hard

Isn't GLPay when you have to have £50 in your account before you can get the money?

James.Easy
16-10-2006, 09:18 PM
Yeah, and if you offer domains re-sellers etc you could pay monthly.And have like a 5 days to renew period for people to top up.Or people could buy credits with there mobile whitch could be spent on servers etc.

Lycan
16-10-2006, 09:28 PM
thats an excellant idea,

Thankyou

alexxxxx
17-10-2006, 03:45 PM
I'd buy, but you have to accept it could be a while before you recieve the money.

Lycan
17-10-2006, 03:58 PM
indeed.

i'm about to post another poll about how many would be willing to buy shoutcast via sms

(hosting i no peoplewould but shoutcast is what the first project will be aiming to do)

YouFail
17-10-2006, 04:09 PM
I wouldn't buy shoutcast as i'll never need a radio, but if I could pay for a few online services using SMS i'm almost certain I would. I rarely make phone calls (and have free texts) so when my mum and dad make sure I have £10 a month topup it stays there. I currently have around £30 on my phone due to this.

Lycan
17-10-2006, 06:44 PM

i'll be launching a Shoutcast site in the next few weeks

A Hosting site Few Weeks After that

And a Domain Reseller site up to a Month after that

this all depends on how popular the idea is in pratice (the support i've had in polls is good enough to start it but not to continue it into debt)

alexxxxx
17-10-2006, 06:51 PM
I'd do hosting first mate. I'll definatley buy that.

Jargit
17-10-2006, 07:06 PM
I would probs use it instead of pp

Lycan
17-10-2006, 07:27 PM
I'd do hosting first mate. I'll definatley buy that.

i no many probebly would but i don't have the resources to provide hosting yet i need to grab a few partners ( Nick "speed-networks") has offered to help but that is again with shoutcast need someone to manage hosting areas of this project

I would probs use it instead of pp

Thankyou for your support :)

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!