PDA

View Full Version : Password guide

---MAD---
29-09-2006, 12:54 PM
Guide To Making A Safe And Secure Password.

1. Make A Password That Is Hard To Simply Guess E.g. Your Birthday Or A Date You Remember.

2. If You Get Keylogged Make A Password That Will Catch Them out E.g. "R0ck5"

3. Make It Have At Least 4 Numbers And 4 Letters E.g. "t0t4lp455w0rd"

4. Make It Long And Very Confusing E.g. "y0uc4nth4ckm3c0zmyp455i5h3rd" [Not Exactly That Long But You Get The Point...]

Some Tips So It's Hard For Hackers To Gain Access To Your Account

1. Don't Give Out Details Such As Age, D.O.B, Email, Address, P.O.B [Place Of Birth] And Previous Passwords, A Hacker Can Change Your Password With That Information.

2. Don't Share Your Account With Someone Or You Could Get The Account And All It's Stuff Stolen.

3. Don't Tell Anyone Your Password [Obviously]

4. Don't Let Anyone Know Your Secret Answers

5. Don't Download Programs Such As Autominers Etc...Because Most Never Work And They Normally Contain A Keylogger.

6. Stay Safe, Follow the Rules and Make Your Password As Hard To guess As You Can, I Hope This Helps You.

Guide To Not Get Scammed

1. Only Do Habbo For RS Trades With People On The Good Traders List Or Someone You Trust.

2. When Doing Habbo For RS Trades Make Sure You Are In A Popular Room So You Have Little Chance Of Getting scammed.

3. Make Sure You Both Are Ok With the Trade E.g. One Gives Some Stuff On RS And The Other Person Gives The Furni On Habbo And Do that Until The Trade Is Complete But Make Sure It's Still Someone From Good Traders Or A Trustworthy Person.

4. When In Busy Places E.g. Varrock Or Falador Trading Areas Watch Out For People Trying To Sell The Following:
"Big Hammer" (Rock Hammer) Trying To Pass It Off As A Maul By Selling It For 100k Because Someone Might Be Deperate They May Pay 100k As The Maul May Be Worth About 200k At The Time, Hollow Reeds, new items, keys that are tradable from new quests Etc...I'll Add More Later :)

This isn't really a scam but advise, when buying stuff like trimmed armour, pumpkins and other rares like that be careful because you may never be able to get rid of them, people charge really low for them so you think ok I'll get profit but only reason they charge low is because no one wants it, buy stuff you see lots of people buying, stuff like burrows armours never sell good alone you need full set for people to want them.

That's The End Of My Guides Lol, Have Fun ;)

Guide written by me, do not rip!

---------------------------------

Topic Merged With Lord Gig's Post.

Safety Information From Lord Gig.

I've seen quite a few people getting "hacked" over the past few weeks, so i'll just write a few tips on how to spot a keylogger/Trojan and some other stuff.

1. Most .tk sites with downloads usual have keyloggers, people that place keyloggers in programes don't usually spend money on a good domain as it's usual closed down after a few people find the logger.

2. Most keylogger are around 80kb's unless they're been stuffed with ocx's to make it look genuine.

3. Why do you feel the need to download something just because it's there?
8/10 times you download something that is not widely used or made by a company it's a trojan.

4. Now this is how most people seem to get "hacked", downloading games like CS and BHD off a programme like limewire or kazaa 10/10 the programme will not be clean, millions of people downloads these files and most of them edit the file by attaching many keyloggers, so if you download a game or another exe file from limewire or kazaa there will be 100's of people that will be able to see what you're typing and i can assure you, one of them will know what habbohotel or runescape is, so either buy the game or don't play it, simple.

5. A bank pin is a MUST, keyloggers don't pick up bank pins and they take
6 - 7 days to delete and i can assure you that you'll be able to reset your account within 6 days.

Calum
18-10-2006, 07:35 PM
WHY DO WE NEED THESE HERE ASWEL I SWEAR YOUR INSANE.

^.^
26-10-2006, 07:25 PM
also when your keylogged in accessories in accesibilities theirs on screen keyboard apparently if you use that to input your pass the keylogger doesnt pick it up.

99 Fishing
26-10-2006, 07:29 PM
WHY DO WE NEED THESE HERE ASWEL I SWEAR YOUR INSANE.
Id say lol but ill get an infractions
ooo ill get an infractions anyway now for pointless posting
ahh for ****s sake this forums pathetic

Edited by -legoman- (Forum Moderator) Please only post if its about the guide.

∙Matthew∙
21-11-2006, 04:07 PM
Wow! Great Guide! ♥

Crunk
22-11-2006, 04:19 AM
Good Job? LOL :D

Sure
04-12-2006, 09:35 PM
good job, sure it will help someone new to rune someday :P .

CARNAGE!
10-03-2007, 06:52 PM
a guide of a guide, really needed, eh?

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!