PDA

View Full Version : The 7 Wonders Of The World

Liz♥
19-10-2006, 05:42 PM
A teacher asked a class of 27 what they thought the 7 wonders of the world were, they wrote them down after they had done that the Teacher asked them to put their hand up and picked several students on what they thought the 7 wonders of the world were, one said,
"I think the 7 wonders of the world are the Great Pyramid of Giza, The Hanging gardens of Babylon, The statue of Zeuz at Olympia, The Temple of Artemis at Ephesus, The Mausoleum at Halicarnassus, The Colossus of Rhodes, The Lighthouse of Alexandria"
One student shouted out
"Those are the 7 ANCIENT wonders of the world! The best ones are natrual like these: Mount Everest, The Great Barrier Reef, The Grand Canyon, Victoria Falls, The Harbor of Rio de Janeiro, Paricutin Volcano,The Northern Lights"
This debate lasted the rest of the day but the Teacher noticed a quiet girl in the corner, the Teacher went up to the little girl and said, "come on read your 7 Wonders out dear" she replied "I don't want to miss". "Come on it won't do you any harm" She said. "Ok then, what I think the 7 Wonders of the world are, to see, to hear, to taste, to touch, to smell, to love, to hate"

The class went silent.

What do you think your SEVEN WONDERS OF THE WORLD are?

Kardan
19-10-2006, 05:44 PM
Great Pyramid of Giza, The Hanging gardens of Babylon, The statue of Zeuz at Olympia, The Temple of Artemis at Ephesus, The Mausoleum at Halicarnassus, The Colossus of Rhodes, The Lighthouse of Alexandria

FlyingJesus
19-10-2006, 07:29 PM
I agree with Mr Kardan.

RedStratocas
19-10-2006, 11:35 PM
"Those are the 7 ANCIENT wonders of the world! The best ones are natrual like these: Mount Everest, The Great Barrier Reef, The Grand Canyon, Victoria Falls, The Harbor of Rio de Janeiro, Paricutin Volcano,The Northern Lights"[/B]

You should have pointed out that all of those things he just mentioned are older than the first kid's list. So why would he say his are ancient?

Anyway, I believe like the 7 wonders are the Great Pyramid of Giza, The Hanging Gardens of Babylon, The statue of Zeuz at Olympia, The Temple of Artemis at Ephesus, The Mausoleum at Halicarnassus, The Colossus of Rhodes, The Lighthouse of Alexandria. Because thats what they actually are. So it isnt really an opinion question.

Jerremy
19-10-2006, 11:37 PM
stone hedge andd i dunno the others

Blinger1
20-10-2006, 09:01 AM
Great Pyramid of Giza, The Hanging gardens of Babylon, The statue of Zeuz at Olympia, The Temple of Artemis at Ephesus, The Mausoleum at Halicarnassus, The Colossus of Rhodes, The Lighthouse of Alexandria

same as above

Herman
20-10-2006, 01:51 PM
Well, I remember reading a series of books about the seven wonders. There were the seven wonders of the ancient world, the seven wonders of the medieval world, the seven wonders of the modern world, and the seven wonders of the natural world.

"I think the 7 wonders of the world are the Great Pyramid of Giza, The Hanging gardens of Babylon, The statue of Zeuz at Olympia, The Temple of Artemis at Ephesus, The Mausoleum at Halicarnassus, The Colossus of Rhodes, The Lighthouse of Alexandria"
These were the actual and original seven wonders.

The best ones are natrual like these: Mount Everest, The Great Barrier Reef, The Grand Canyon, Victoria Falls, The Harbor of Rio de Janeiro, Paricutin Volcano,The Northern Lights"
Some of these are the seven wonders of the natural world, according to the books I read.

But usually if someone asks me what the seven wonders are, I'd usually talk about the ones of the modern world; the Eiffel Tower, the Great Wall of China, the Taj Mahal, the Statue of Liberty, the Empire State Building, the leaning tower of Pisa and the Pyramids of Giza. But to me the orginal ones are the ones of the ancient world.

Colin-Roberts
22-10-2006, 10:15 PM
uh niagra falls since it is one of the seven natural wonders of the world ..

Zample
23-10-2006, 05:28 AM
all of you people answered the wonders of more.. objectual items in the world. Think of the word WONDERS.

To have a feeling of awe or admiration; marvel

I don't know about you..
but I have a great admiration for those who can::

Love More Each Day
See Like Many Others Cannot
Hear Things Others Don't
Hate That Stings Like A Dagger
Have Such Self-Control That The Murderer Of A Friend Walks Away Clean
Fight Harder Than Anyone Can Fight
Feel So Much That They Can Cry In Pain, Laugh In Happiness, And Bawl In Sorrow At The Same Times
Those are real wonders. :)

FlyingJesus
23-10-2006, 11:54 PM
Hate That Stings Like A Dagger

Have Such Self-Control That The Murderer Of A Friend Walks Away Clean

Feel So Much That They Can Cry In Pain, Laugh In Happiness, And Bawl In Sorrow At The Same Times

They're weaknesses not wonders..

Zample
24-10-2006, 05:30 AM
Hate, self control, and feeling are weaknesses?
Like in the definition, a wonder is something you think about and can admire... Seeing as noone else felt any need to state another meaning of wonders I decided to do so.

Kaytti
24-10-2006, 01:35 PM
Love, emoction, dreams, thoughts, yourself, friendship and beliefs.

ColyTom
25-10-2006, 12:11 AM
They're writing a new list of the seven wonders of the world next year, I think.

Chaz
25-10-2006, 12:13 AM
You got one wrong!

In my opinion "The Colossus of Rhodes" is incorrect.

It should be changed to; The Colossus of Thorpe Park, its a lot better.

Italic
25-10-2006, 02:57 AM
But usually if someone asks me what the seven wonders are, I'd usually talk about the ones of the modern world; the Eiffel Tower, the Great Wall of China, the Taj Mahal, the Statue of Liberty, the Empire State Building, the leaning tower of Pisa and the Pyramids of Giza. But to me the orginal ones are the ones of the ancient world.

According to Wikipedia, the the seven wonders of the modern world are:

Channel Tunnel
CN Tower
Empire State Building
Golden Gate Bridge
Itaipu Dam
Delta Works
Panama Canal

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!