View Full Version : panic! at the disco... rofl

kasi
19-10-2006, 07:02 PM
http://perezhilton.com/84_NMEcover_panicatthedisco_L2.jpg

"[Calling us 'emo' ] it's It's ignorant! The stereotype is guys that are weak and have failing relationships write about how sad they are. If you listen to our songs, not one of them has that tone. Emo is bull****! If people want to take it for the literal sense of the word, yes we're an emotional band, we put a lot of thought into what we do. People always try to stereotype us, but we don't fit the emo stereotype."

source: http://perezhilton.com/topics/quote_of_the_day/quote_of_the_day_20061019.php#comments

thoughts on this?

Charlie
19-10-2006, 07:05 PM
You spelt Urie wrong.

&&, why the hell are they getting their knickers in a twist about it? If i was them, i honestly couldn't careless what others thought about me, because they have such a large amount of fans who probably don't think they are emo.

kasi
19-10-2006, 07:07 PM
You spelt Urie wrong.

haha thanks for that

Charlie
19-10-2006, 07:09 PM
haha thanks for that

Ha, no problem. :P

RedStratocas
19-10-2006, 07:18 PM
Haha @ 'We want to be the new radiohead'. Even radiohead doesnt want to be radiohead. Thom Yorke is probably rolling over in his grave (Im assuming that he died after reading this). If they wanted to be the new radiohead, they wouldnt try to fit in with the sound of today.
Unless... theyre really smart and trying to pull what radiohead pulled. When radiohead first started, they sounded pretty much like every other band at the time with heavy chords, emotional lyrics and depressing looks. But then they used their new-found fame to change their style and impact and influence music. So technically, if it werent for radiohead's first few years of being a cliche 90's band, they might not have become nearly as popular as they are now.
It's possibly what PATD is trying to do... but I highly doubt it.

I dont think they're emo. They sure as hell look it, but like everyone else says, it always comes down to what the music sounds like. I dont think they would fit into emo.

womanizer
19-10-2006, 07:32 PM
the 1 on the right in that pic looks awful.

FlyingJesus
19-10-2006, 07:41 PM
Just because the music isn't as emo as it could be doesn't mean they're not emo themselves. And they're nothing like Radiohead.

:dallsgreen
20-10-2006, 02:13 AM
I don't know where they got that whole "we wanna be the new radiohead" business, but they're nowhere close to radiohead, unless by some stroke of luck they produce an amazing new album, which is highly unlikely, they will still not be close to radiohead.

Californication
20-10-2006, 01:03 PM
There not emo..
And the lead singer just sounds whiney.

Grindie
20-10-2006, 03:51 PM
Hey! I just bought that magazine, I read it every week.

samsaBEAR
20-10-2006, 04:05 PM
I've never considered them Emo. Magazines/newspapers call them emo because they think it's cool to be emo.

negro
20-10-2006, 07:05 PM
Ew@the new radiohead comment.

Radiohead are a million times better than Panic! will ever be. Obviously Brendan thinks doing Radiohead covers will get him some respect. Maybe he would.. if they didn't suck.

RedStratocas
20-10-2006, 08:05 PM
Ew@the new radiohead comment.

Radiohead are a million times better than Panic! will ever be. Obviously Brendan thinks doing Radiohead covers will get him some respect. Maybe he would.. if they didn't suck.

I read some of the interview, and he said he covered Radiohead at reading so if someone there hated them, they would at least like one song. But covering Radiohead makes people hate them even more.

There are a lot of bands that are inspired by Radiohead (Muse, Coldplay, Bloc Party just to name a few) but there is a difference between being inspired by Radiohead and trying to BE Radiohead. Simply adding electronic effects in random spots in songs doesnt make you a musical genious or creative or like Radiohead.

Chaz
20-10-2006, 08:09 PM
"yes we're an emotional band"

Erm, they do know what emo means right? I Never considerd them that "emo" but the people that mostly listen to it are.

negro
20-10-2006, 08:09 PM
I read some of the interview, and he said he covered Radiohead at reading so if someone there hated them, they would at least like one song. But covering Radiohead makes people hate them even more.

There are a lot of bands that are inspired by Radiohead (Muse, Coldplay, Bloc Party just to name a few) but there is a difference between being inspired by Radiohead and trying to BE Radiohead. Simply adding electronic effects in random spots in songs doesnt make you a musical genious or creative or like Radiohead.
Yeah, they're really stupid, because they really should get it into their heads that they AREN'T Radiohead, and they never will be. No-one will ever make anything that sounds like Radiohead, because it's just impossible to mimic their sound.

RedStratocas
20-10-2006, 08:21 PM
Yeah, they're really stupid, because they really should get it into their heads that they AREN'T Radiohead, and they never will be. No-one will ever make anything that sounds like Radiohead, because it's just impossible to mimic their sound.

Especially their post-OK Computer stuff is impossible to copy. The Bends is copyable, and OK Computer can be as long as its hidden and changed, but Kid A and past is untouchable.

The only way to be like radiohead is to try not to be like radiohead.

"yes we're an emotional band"

Erm, they do know what emo means right? I Never considerd them that "emo" but the people that mostly listen to it are.

It means emotive hardcore actually. Emotional is too broad, anything can be emotional.

negro
20-10-2006, 08:43 PM
everything is emotional. to make a song, you have to put emotion into it.

FrozenWhisper
23-10-2006, 04:05 PM
I've never considered them Emo. Magazines/newspapers call them emo because they think it's cool to be emo.

Excatly I remeber a newspaper calling Green Day emo. Doesn't mean they are. Besides. Not all "emo" songs are sad depressing and w/e.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!