PDA

View Full Version : [Bobba] Moderators have become little babies, Sorry.

The_Unforgiven
20-10-2006, 04:24 AM
I walked into a room in search of a throne for sale at about 12:00am my time. I proceeded to be insulted and taunted by three people, who insulted me and made fun of certain body parts and certain intimate.. "things". I will not name names, but these kids really were stepping over the line.

So, I reported them. And had a good talk with a MOD through the CFH. He insisted that ignoring them would solve all the issues, and banning has not been effective.

But to what extent can we teach rambling teens by ignoring them? They won't learn until they cant play. 2 Hour IP Bans are a heck of a lot more effective then ignoring them - because they'll just terrorize another person.. Someone else walked into the room and were subject to the hatred.

Mods are being babies. They've got power, lets see them USE IT.

Frankly.. Things haven't been the same since hobbas were around.

Catzsy (Forum Super Moderator) - Move from Anything about Habbo. Please post in the correct forum.

BL!NKEY
20-10-2006, 04:32 AM
I walked into a room in search of a throne for sale at about 12:00am my time. I proceeded to be insulted and taunted by three people, who insulted me and made fun of certain body parts and certain intimate.. "things". I will not name names, but these kids really were stepping over the line.

I gota side with the mods on this one.

I mean common. Does it really make you feel that insecure if some random kids are calling you names on the internet?

They were really stepping over the line?

Just ignore them. (use the button)

Dont take anything they say seriously. They cant do anything to you.

The_Unforgiven
20-10-2006, 04:34 AM
The point is, is that ignoring them wont change the fact that they are hatred little children.

BL!NKEY
20-10-2006, 04:54 AM
The point is, is that ignoring them wont change the fact that they are hatred little children.

Lol.

They are not evil people.

They just think it is fun to go on some online chat room and make fun of people untill they freak out and get angry.

It is not like "we should stop them before they harm anyone else"

Just ignore them and go on with your quest for the throne.

Kotu
20-10-2006, 08:24 AM
I agree with the Moderator actually. These kind of users simply log back in and act the same way when their bans expired, you can't tell me that makes them think twice about what ever they are doing wrong?

Ignoring them, using the button, ensures their text doesn't appear on your screen:- you don't see it, you can't react, they don't get their kicks and giggles. Other sensible users will ignore them using the button, or simply not acknowledge what they're saying, so you have nothing to worry about.

Let them act mornonic with one another.

rnix
20-10-2006, 10:05 AM
I agree . But Mods on here are stupid as well wont name , But i mean tehy dont even kno wht a bloody a name of a song is saying
Fack is a song name not a swearword FCUK (swap U&C) is and they said i was swearing -.-" They need more common sense!

-:Undertaker:-
20-10-2006, 11:49 AM
MODS = Moderators - To Moderate the Hotel, There NOT moderating if they tell you to Ignore.

Lets just Scrap Mods cause their just Lame Ducks.

:Hazel
20-10-2006, 11:51 AM

Catzsy (Forum Super Moderator) - Move from Anything about Habbo. Please post in the correct forum.

That is exactly what I have said. People are getting away with murder now and flooding in certain trade rooms is just a pure joke. Getting rid of hobbas was a stupid idea, its made the game worse.

ipaul
20-10-2006, 11:51 AM
uh habbo.

Herman
20-10-2006, 01:16 PM
It's weird that Sulake pay these people to tell others to use the ignore button. I feel they should be doing a better job.

Carflunkles
27-10-2006, 12:03 PM
MODS = Moderators - To Moderate the Hotel, There NOT moderating if they tell you to Ignore.

Lets just Scrap Mods cause their just Lame Ducks.

here here! MOD's jobs are to protect people in the hotel. Ignoring does naff all.

Kardan
27-10-2006, 12:06 PM

So, I reported them. And had a good talk with a MOD through the CFH. He insisted that ignoring them would solve all the issues, and banning has not been effective.

But to what extent can we teach rambling teens by ignoring them? They won't learn until they cant play. 2 Hour IP Bans are a heck of a lot more effective then ignoring them - because they'll just terrorize another person.. Someone else walked into the room and were subject to the hatred.

Mods are being babies. They've got power, lets see them USE IT.

You can't get a 2 hour IP ban as far as I'm aware.

Plus they'd only come back and do it again.
Due to what the problem is and how many offences they've had they have a maximum ban time.
After that has expired they'd only come back and do it again.
So you might as well ignore, all you have to do is click.
YOU have the power as well, so let's see YOU use it.

Stab
27-10-2006, 12:19 PM
I thought you could have any ban, by selecting if you want the ban to be ip, computer, or not ban.

Dan2nd
27-10-2006, 01:34 PM
You can't get a 2 hour IP ban as far as I'm aware.

Plus they'd only come back and do it again.
Due to what the problem is and how many offences they've had they have a maximum ban time.
After that has expired they'd only come back and do it again.
So you might as well ignore, all you have to do is click.
YOU have the power as well, so let's see YOU use it.

You can i've had one before :p

and i agree they should have got a ban but I must say i thought the Hobbas were useless aswell one of them banned me because someone said i put their furni in their walls i asked the Hobba if she could see any in the walls she said no. I then said where is your evidence i did this then because i don't know how to do it..

I just got a ban for scripting..

Nick-
27-10-2006, 01:50 PM
Although its of little relevance to the whole FOMO situation its still a rather random ban, just standing in the doorway of my empty, small room on a back up account putting down and picking up dicemaster and i get this...

http://img332.imageshack.us/img332/4354/8361bi4.jpg

Apprently by placing dicemasters into a room youre disrupting something...

mnbvjifhgtge
27-10-2006, 08:12 PM
tbh thats really funny serves you right for disrupting the server flow :rolleyes: lets get a job at sulake uk just to tell people to use the ignore button for every problem

Cwmbran
27-10-2006, 08:31 PM
I think the MODs are banning people for very little, in your case it was just a bunch of stupid prats and the MODs couldn't be bothered to ban people at that time.

I once got a 24Hr ban for doing this:
Me: God so many F/rs, Im going to see how many i'll get if i dress as a noob.
Friend: Lol
I leave room get change my apperance.
Come back to room.
Me : There we go No F/rs

Next thing i saw was the bar saying a hobba has kicked you from a room.
" You have been banned for Vulgarity" :eusa_wall

I found it very funny.

sl4rt is banned
27-10-2006, 08:55 PM
i wonder how much these MODS actually earn each year haha

emobusters
27-10-2006, 09:03 PM
about 3 months ago i was just joining in a game and i got banned for "harrassment" :s

Mrs.McCall
27-10-2006, 11:07 PM
I think MODs need to start bucking up. They have begun to half-heartedly read reports aswell. Like, for instance, I reported vulgarity on the hotel in a room where I had said nothing to the people swearing at me. Next thing I know I am banned for vulgarity. I can only pressume that this was a reading mistake and hey, nobody is perfect but stil...

It also happened to my mate, he reported then went to Hotel View. Went to the loo, comes back and BAM he's banned for 24hrs for making a racist hate speech!!

What an earth is going on?! And with the up and coming addition of V11, one can only wonder if the MODs are going to be so busy with all the bugs that will, and we know there will be loads of bugs and mistakes.., be on the hotel to even bother to ask us to use the ignore button.

We buy credits, sulake get money after admin fees. Money goes to their profits which pays MODs wages. I say that since we are technically paying their wages we should get a better service. It is all and well ignoring people but when you have it constantly and nothing gets done it is almost as if they are condoning such e-harrassment.

End of rant. LOL.

Kingzy
28-10-2006, 02:45 AM
I agree with the Moderator actually. These kind of users simply log back in and act the same way when their bans expired, you can't tell me that makes them think twice about what ever they are doing wrong?

Ignoring them, using the button, ensures their text doesn't appear on your screen:- you don't see it, you can't react, they don't get their kicks and giggles. Other sensible users will ignore them using the button, or simply not acknowledge what they're saying, so you have nothing to worry about.

Let them act mornonic with one another.

Aren't Habbo X's put through a bootcamp to learn all that? ;) xD

Anyways... I like the ignore tool, but not to an extent, I mean, you can report for blocking and get 'use the ignore tool' -- how does that work?!

But I can see where you're coming from, and I would agree with the mods if they actually did work, but they don't so I've not reached a verdict.

What are MODs here for, you ask?

For shutting down 'we h8 caly' and 'we h8 elux' rooms ;)

--Kingzy

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!