PDA

View Full Version : What you think will happen when we run out of fossil fuels....

Matty
11-03-2005, 12:10 AM
What do you think will happen when we run out of fossil fuels, e.g coal etc.
I don't want to do this a poll. so just reply.

Edit by Butcher11 (Forum Mod)- Thread moved form anything not to do with habbo(x) to Discuss Outside Habbo.

micky.blue.eyes
11-03-2005, 07:15 AM
We'll have to find a different way to warm ourselves.
And if we don't find a way we are doomed.

Moose
11-03-2005, 07:17 AM
alterante, neclear energy :D

micky.blue.eyes
11-03-2005, 07:22 AM
alterante, neclear energy :D
That still means we are doomed, nuclear energy is dangerous and unhealthy

Moose
11-03-2005, 07:25 AM
thats why it will be in a remote area, nuclear energy is safe, it unleashes an abundant of energy, heck the computer screen your infront of releases energy (radioactive but small) it would be a much better, no more toxic pollution.

Mentor
12-03-2005, 10:56 AM
Nucler power is clean and pretty safe, as long as no one bombs it and its mange properly.
The real resons its not used as its genraly alot more exspencive than the hevely polution power soreses, coal, oil natral gas.

Athogh as some peopel may not know neculer power isnt actal a renewable energy sorse, we will evnatly run out of that two, just not anywhere near as soon as many.

Wind power, athogh effectivem, takes up vast amounts of space and is NOT cost effective

solar power,, is unrelibale and also hugly expsencive

hydro electic, wich is teh most relible of all, has the downfall of requiving danmes to be build and cost alot to start, athogh next to nothing to maintain.

Athogh can only realy be used in hill mountinoos contrys, where thers alot of fast flowing rivers.

so theres not realy that gooder altentive yet. athogh there are many that could be atped there majority of giovemnts dont see them as anything worth investing ion, for exspame america even attempetd to deny global waring just so it iodndt have to inverst any moeny in stoping the problem etc.

jesus
12-03-2005, 12:46 PM
We will find something. There already is nuclear power.

Mentor
12-03-2005, 02:27 PM
most nucler power statiosn ahve been shut down or are being shut down, becuse o9f protests from people who think there dangeros. But serioly, destrioying a city, wich is a 1 in about 20 million chance is one thing, wipeing human kind wich is 100% if we keep going as we are, in respect to pollution is another

-JT-
12-03-2005, 05:17 PM
If we run out of fossil fules we will find somthing else and if we keep going the way are we will find it b4 we run out.

We also have neculear power and even though the ones we can see are being shut down the government can still keep secret ones open if its gonna keep britian alive.

Moose
12-03-2005, 06:16 PM
keep the place remote like area 51, no one has got in and no one ver came out (spies, people who dont work there), plus, isn't paris supplied by nuclear power? Or solar power?

micky.blue.eyes
12-03-2005, 06:55 PM
keep the place remote like area 51, no one has got in and no one ver came out (spies, people who dont work there), plus, isn't paris supplied by nuclear power? Or solar power?
AAAh that's why their cheese smells :p

GommeInc
12-03-2005, 07:02 PM
Apparently they're making oil from paper, how I don't know!

micky.blue.eyes
12-03-2005, 07:24 PM
Apparently they're making oil from paper, how I don't know!
Yeah but paper is made from trees and if we keep cutting trees we will be doomed

Moose
12-03-2005, 07:29 PM
Yeah but paper is made from trees and if we keep cutting trees we will be doomed

thats why people recycle, or we can use the dead corpses as fuel?

micky.blue.eyes
12-03-2005, 07:48 PM
thats why people recycle, or we can use the dead corpses as fuel?
Well not all people recycle so bit by bit we will lose trees. And afrika is being cut down in high speed and all the animals are doomed. I love that word.

btw The name I gave you now isn't anything personal it's just something what popped in my head.

Mentor
12-03-2005, 11:32 PM
People may wnat to keep in mind trees do grow back. The problem is cutting them down all at once, like there doing in some places, as long as only a few trees are rempoved frpom an araia at a time, over a more spread out loction, and if possible more trees are parted there would be no effect, the problem is it would be far less cost effective.

GommeInc
12-03-2005, 11:36 PM
Theres water, hydro power thingamajigs. Oil from paper for no reason.

I don't think they can cater to the future needs...

micky.blue.eyes
13-03-2005, 07:33 AM
People may wnat to keep in mind trees do grow back. The problem is cutting them down all at once, like there doing in some places, as long as only a few trees are rempoved frpom an araia at a time, over a more spread out loction, and if possible more trees are parted there would be no effect, the problem is it would be far less cost effective.
People don't care about that, they only care about money. They are cutting whole afrika down. All those huge trees (which I love) are being cut down for money.
I think they should make a tree which grows super fast so you can replace them very fast and they will be used for paper :D They already do that but I think they should make better ones.

Mentor
13-03-2005, 10:43 AM
they use conifers i think for that, teh amsosn trees take hundereds of years to go, and as people areound here all wnat mahogny stuff they have to keep choping them down, just to affored food water and a small house, they dont have a choise, as long as people here buy it its not going to stop.

Im pretty sure they dont use mahogny for papaer uslay fast growing trees that are cheep for that

scottish
13-03-2005, 11:19 AM
Theres water, hydro power thingamajigs. Oil from paper for no reason.

I don't think they can cater to the future needs...

Nice Word Thingamajigs :)

And We shall Stay alive Because Theres Loads More To keep us Alive =D

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!