PDA

View Full Version : PLEASE no more guides!!!

Youheard
21-10-2006, 05:58 PM
I really hate that new tutorial/guide sub-forum for two reasons.

For starters the amount of badly written, undetailed and generally poor guides people have churned out so far is stupid. The majority of people who wrote guides seemed to be unable to use paragraphing or punctuation therefore most guides ended up as just one big block of text. The other thing which annoys me about the majority of people who write these guides basically aren't experienced enough to actually to know what the hell they're on about.

Secondly as it's placed at the bottom of the sub-forums it looks really out of place. That was only a small rant...

The only way I could see the sub-forum working is if guides were sent to moderators first and they were checked through to see if they were suitable and well written.

Eye!
21-10-2006, 06:01 PM
i support 100% it was a waste of time & really stupid

English
21-10-2006, 06:06 PM
Did anyone even ask for a 'Guides section'? "/

Most pointless thing with sites such as www.tip.it which has better guides than 90% of the users could write.

Dynamical
21-10-2006, 06:12 PM
Yeah I think most people know sites with proper guides. No offence to the people who have tried but you should fully know the area your writing about before making a guide.

Eye!
21-10-2006, 06:13 PM
Did anyone even ask for a 'Guides section'? "/

Most pointless thing with sites such as www.tip.it (http://www.tip.it) which has better guides than 90% of the users could write.
no, no one wanted it but mad....

:Jamie
21-10-2006, 06:52 PM
I really hate the guides that look rushed and very messy, it doesn't make me want to read them, I think we should have it so only mods can move good guides their as its clear people are just rushing guides, I will also be writing a guide to write guides soon which people should follow. I send ---Mad--- a PM.

DIEALEX
21-10-2006, 07:05 PM
i think it should be line runecommunity, content camp, if it gets accepted it go's into the tutorial section.

:Jamie
21-10-2006, 07:10 PM
i think it should be line runecommunity, content camp, if it gets accepted it go's into the tutorial section.

Yeh I think thats what should be done now..

James.Easy
21-10-2006, 07:32 PM
Some guides are helpful, so you have no write to say no-more guides.But i do support the "content comp" idea.

Ashley 12344
21-10-2006, 07:36 PM
Some guides are helpful, so you have no write to say no-more guides.But i do support the "content comp" idea.

Yes we do, freedom of speech ;)

But yeah, some guides don't even have sentences with full stops!

James.Easy
21-10-2006, 07:38 PM
Ok, i'll be quiet now.Freedom of speech FTW!

Youheard
21-10-2006, 07:39 PM

Maybe if you could read you would've read the last bit of my post. Just to make it blatantly obvious though...

The only way I could see the sub-forum working is if guides were sent to moderators first and they were checked through to see if they were suitable and well written.

James.Easy
21-10-2006, 07:43 PM
Was there any need to insult my reading skills, i did read it.But the mods would't have made it, if they didn't think it would work.

Youheard
21-10-2006, 07:45 PM
Was there any need to insult my reading skills, i did read it.But the mods would't have made it, if they didn't think it would work.

READ :Jamie's thread!!! He is a mod who think it doesnt work. It was Mad's idea and he didnt consult anyone else (to my knowledge) about creating the sub-forum. Please leave this thread before I embarrass you further.

Dynamical
21-10-2006, 07:45 PM

It's not working though, in my opinion.

Royksopp
21-10-2006, 07:47 PM
i agree totally

DIEALEX
21-10-2006, 07:50 PM
Read my post? I want it like contenct camp like on rc, and Jamie said thats whats happening he thinks, so I think this thread should be closed, yuhh.
:p

Chosen One
21-10-2006, 07:51 PM
All of those guides can be found on Fan Sites anyway, and I think everyone here knows atleast one fan site.

I say get it of it, ***** all that "comp" stuff and letting a Mod check over it, I doubt many Mods would be bothered to do what you should learn in early age school.

Youheard
21-10-2006, 07:51 PM
Read my post? I want it like contenct camp like on rc, and Jamie said thats whats happening he thinks, so I think this thread should be closed, yuhh.
:p

Yes which is a good point however it doesn't mean the thread should be closed. People should be free to post their opinions...

IGlooscap
22-10-2006, 07:14 AM
I think my guide was the exception.. however for some reason moved to spam. ;'[

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!