PDA

View Full Version : Is the sims2 worth getting?

Chaz
22-10-2006, 11:25 AM
Yea, well. Im intrested in getting the game and some expansion packs to go with it. But im not sure if its 100% worth it.

I only have a laptop and i think that it will slow it RIGHT down, unless someone else can tell me otherwise, or can reccomend any other games.

Shadow16
22-10-2006, 12:26 PM
Yea, well. Im intrested in getting the game and some expansion packs to go with it. But im not sure if its 100% worth it.

I only have a laptop and i think that it will slow it RIGHT down, unless someone else can tell me otherwise, or can reccomend any other games.

I have the Sims 2 aswell as a Laptop and unfortunately when i installed the Sims 2 it wouldn't work due to low graphics ect.. So i have to use my computer. Anyways Sims 2 is worth getting i think it's a good game to play ect..

If you only have a laptop i would try and make sure you have enough memory aswell as graphics to play Sims 2..

Lubricant
22-10-2006, 01:19 PM
I would only get it if your laptop is good enough. My laptop can install the base game but it's not good enough to install the expansions.

alexxxxx
22-10-2006, 01:27 PM
Get all of the Sims 1 games. It is more enjoyable.

womanizer
22-10-2006, 01:28 PM
You can get all the sims 1 games for £5 each in game:

The Sims
Livin it up
House Party
Hot Date
On Holiday
Unleashed
SuperStar
Makin Magic

8===D
22-10-2006, 01:31 PM
yes its the best game ever!!!!!!!

Flumples
22-10-2006, 01:35 PM
only get it if you've got a REALLY good p.c.

I always thought mine was decent but Sims 2 runs slow on it.

Roboevil
22-10-2006, 01:54 PM
Ignore those who think the original Sims games are better than Sims 2... <3
The Sims 2 games, of what I think, are absolutely amazing and I can't get enough of them. To anyone who likes simulators, build and destroy or whatever, I urge you to buy the game. OBVIOUSLY it takes up masses of megabytes, gigabytes or whatever but it's so worth it. Compared to the original Sims, the sequel has 100x better gameplay, the Sims have loads more interaction with eachother, objects etc etc. If you're only looking the buy 1 or 2 expansion packs, then I think Sims 2 Pets is very good and then nightlife. It depends what you're in to, but OFB and University aren't as necessary, they're not rubbish, just too specific for someone who isn't going to buy all the games. It's the same with the 'stuff' packs, glamour and kids fun stuff are good, they have alot of new objects which is okay, not worth the £10 each but I bought them anyway... The festival celebration pack isn't necessary, it has a few christmas and halloween furni. If you celebrate new year, father time comes and gives you a baby or something, I can't remember as I haven't done it in months. Santa doesn't come for Christmas though... *sigh*

Ry
22-10-2006, 02:57 PM
It's a bit old now... :$

Chaz
22-10-2006, 03:04 PM
Ignore those who think the original Sims games are better than Sims 2... <3
The Sims 2 games, of what I think, are absolutely amazing and I can't get enough of them. To anyone who likes simulators, build and destroy or whatever, I urge you to buy the game. OBVIOUSLY it takes up masses of megabytes, gigabytes or whatever but it's so worth it. Compared to the original Sims, the sequel has 100x better gameplay, the Sims have loads more interaction with eachother, objects etc etc. If you're only looking the buy 1 or 2 expansion packs, then I think Sims 2 Pets is very good and then nightlife. It depends what you're in to, but OFB and University aren't as necessary, they're not rubbish, just too specific for someone who isn't going to buy all the games. It's the same with the 'stuff' packs, glamour and kids fun stuff are good, they have alot of new objects which is okay, not worth the £10 each but I bought them anyway... The festival celebration pack isn't necessary, it has a few christmas and halloween furni. If you celebrate new year, father time comes and gives you a baby or something, I can't remember as I haven't done it in months. Santa doesn't come for Christmas though... *sigh*

Thanks, i do enjoy building and such. I might just get this. +rep

Roboevil
22-10-2006, 03:22 PM

No it isn't.

Nick.
22-10-2006, 03:33 PM
You can get all the sims 1 games for £5 each in game:

The Sims
Livin it up
House Party
Hot Date
On Holiday
Unleashed
SuperStar
Makin Magic

You can get them all for £25 on the UK site. I spend like, over a £100 on them all, as I got them as they came out.

But yeah, The Sims 2 is a great game however, on a 200GB hard drive, 512 MB computer, with 128mb Nvidia graphics card, it still runs slow. And it doesn't run smooth. :( My laptop has the same spec as my computer, except it's 80GB hard drive. It runs fairly well on the laptop, but very slow.

dirrty
22-10-2006, 03:33 PM
Yes yes and yes.

The sims is my favourite game of all time and so is The sims 2. The packs are all good. I want there to be a magic one :)

womanizer
22-10-2006, 03:40 PM

The release expansion packs every 6 months. Pets was just released last friday and the sims 2 in season comes out next spring.

Eamonn
22-10-2006, 05:12 PM
It is great and I have the Sims2, uni , nightlife and business installed on my laptop and it runs great :]]

Crono
22-10-2006, 05:16 PM
It's worth it if you have a decent computer.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!