PDA

View Full Version : Umm revision help

smurf-you
12-03-2005, 11:35 AM
Well i'm 14 and doing Gcse's

I'm ok in most subjects

And my main are gnvq and B&C Which are both Computer lessons

But since at this school i've gone to i've gone down and down in Maths and Science in year 9 mocks i got 74 % And now i'm barely getting anywhere, I'm worryed that i will fail them.

I cannot revise i've tryed so many different ways but i just go do something else i went to a brain thingy roadshow and that helped me to get down do some revision and now i'm doing maths but it will not enter my long term memory i've got some ways, But does anyone know and decent sites for revison or ways to do it Ect

Thanks, And i'm clad i got that out of me. :D

Vause
12-03-2005, 04:11 PM
I hate revision its horrible! :'(

smurf-you
13-03-2005, 02:27 PM
Well i don't mind it i'm learning to like it, But need any tips

Anyone :@

Mentor
13-03-2005, 04:34 PM
I dont tend to rivise. The closist thing is usealy on the bus (for scince) i just get asked questions, and answer them so i know what i know.

Ive never realy known how 2 reives maths, i guess just rember trignomtry and pythag (traingles etc)

other than that its just maths :/ ( i droped down to intemided cuz top mnay forumul;as to rember in higher, )

xJoeYx
13-03-2005, 11:28 PM
your 14 you dont really need to start revising till yr 11, but theres nothing wrong with starting early. I have a bad memory too, and terrible at chemistry & french.. i find it best to revise from revision guides. if your that worried, which you seem to be, read your classwork over the night after each lesson.

smurf-you
14-03-2005, 11:18 AM
Well my memory isn't to bad, It's just i can't seem to get my self to go to the after school classes, Maybe it's because i live far away from teh school, But i'll try to get going to them

Thing is i want to get good grades but i have so much other work to do it's unbelievable

I do my work and it's normally on in time, But it's just not getting to become a joke with all the work that i've got to do.

I'll see if i can catch up through easter half term but don't want to waste my time doing it the whole hoilday

Any more ways to revise

hellzfrost
14-03-2005, 11:24 AM
Kk
Revsion Tips:
Do some Mind-Mapping
Do Some Spider Diagrams
Play some games that will help you remember important facts (E.g. Think of 20 Questions for the Waekst Link and try to answer them yourself.)
Keep on writing out what you intend to revise (I find that this works with Latin)

Whatever you do DO NOT just read what you intend to revise - this does not help as you are not really thinking about what you are reading and your brain is not being stretched...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hope this helps,
hellz... :)

smurf-you
14-03-2005, 11:59 AM
Ok i'll try them, Thanks *REP ADDED*

I've tryed out a plan before you get a A3 peice of paper And put down all your revision and what you want to learn down on it, And you read it 2 times a day one at morning one at night and that way it sticks in your long term memory, I'm doing it now and looks like it's going well i'm aiming for a B In most subjects and i'm trying it now

hellzfrost
14-03-2005, 12:11 PM
Thanks for the rep :)
Happy to help....

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!