PDA

View Full Version : [Building] [ivi] TheCastle + [ivi] TheCastleDepths

Nick-
24-10-2006, 03:56 PM
2 for the price of one here :P
Originally started as an idea based on L3AFY's castle room made out of area bars and such but i soon realised that i dont have the time or the resources to find that many area bars as theyre rather rare in shops and trade rooms
Had a flick through the catalogue to see what i could make it out of and came up with the idea to try to make something useful out of something thats regarded as worthless to traders, dark brown plasto chairs :D
Then it was just a case of making some surrounding 'swampy/dead forest' scenery and gathering the posters...

http://img222.imageshack.us/img222/7533/castleik5.jpg

Note: The room above is still unfinished, i just need the remaining bat posters to complete the rest of the wall, which reminds me... any bat posters going cheap? xD
Also the majestic arrangement inside the castle i was unsure of and i was getting very close to the furni limit so that was the best i could do, if you can think of any variations of whats already there, be my guest ;)

In the room above theres an imp in the actual castle which leads to this room which will be locked at all times and only accessible if the marquees in the above room are open ;)
Again i tried to use as much dark brown plasto as physically possible and included a bit of halloween scenery too, this one wasnt planned to be done for a while but i finished the first toom early so i thought, why not? :)

http://img236.imageshack.us/img236/1329/castle2nz9.jpg

Neither room is open at the moment as ones unfinished and ones always locked so if youd like to view either room in the flesh the pass to the first one is 'bobba' and ill leave the marquee open to view the other

Ratings? Comments? Improvements? All welcome ;)

DarkSound
24-10-2006, 04:01 PM
9/10 love it + rep <3

Nick-
24-10-2006, 04:23 PM
Thanks ;)
Any comments or improvements?
Or perhaps a few bat posters going cheap? :P

-mark74-
24-10-2006, 04:58 PM
i like it
dont really see anything you could change ;)
Why is there footie ?

Nick-
24-10-2006, 05:04 PM
Ah yes, that was the other slight issue with the room
It was originally intended to be a bright, white moon with 5-6 football lamps stacked inside each other and up high
Unfortunately when it came to doing this it wouldnt let me stack more than 2, if youve got a better way of stacking them please inform me, i do need to know if there is ;)

BobX
24-10-2006, 05:04 PM
Loving the skull candle + pod wall decoration thing, very original,

1st room is so good, so much better then 2nd, soz :]
Awesome tho +rep :]

English
24-10-2006, 05:36 PM
Another excellent room you got there!

RadioShack
24-10-2006, 05:40 PM
Loving the skull candle + pod wall decoration thing, very original]

i was just about to mention them, never seen anything like that before 9/10 + Rep

Nick-
24-10-2006, 05:54 PM
Loving the skull candle + pod wall decoration thing, very original,

1st room is so good, so much better then 2nd, soz :]
Awesome tho +rep :]

Theres a castle made out of brown plasto and the skull candles is what you notice? o.0 Lol, they were just something i thought of on the spot, no real thought put into them, thanks though :)

Another excellent room you got there!

i was just about to mention them, never seen anything like that before 9/10 + Rep

Surely someone mustve done it before me? o.0
Thanks though ;)

English
24-10-2006, 05:57 PM
I'm actually loving the brown plasto chairs, who knew they could make a room look so good!

Nick-
24-10-2006, 06:49 PM
Perfect! Thats exactly what i was trying to do with both rooms :D

brandon
24-10-2006, 06:52 PM
loving the castle :)

Kymux
24-10-2006, 06:57 PM
They are superb. Just lose the football in the 1st one.

Joord
24-10-2006, 07:11 PM
They are excellent, but do remove the football, it looks to odd. And i love the pod/candle combo wall decoration, and the superbly stacked castle.

Paralympics
24-10-2006, 07:16 PM
Really nice rooms :)

I like the first one the best though, the castle design is really good but those rugs that are used for like the dead garden section really do make the room sparkle :]

The only advice I could suggest is too try not to go mad with those bat posters, by that i mean don't double them up so you can only see half of the bottom poster - but scatter them in single-file so you can see their full effect. But apart from that -

Well done, I like it. 9/10 +rep :)

Nick-
24-10-2006, 07:37 PM
loving the castle :)

They are superb. Just lose the football in the 1st one.

Clearly the football is the source of some sort of controversy ;)

They are excellent, but do remove the football, it looks to odd. And i love the pod/candle combo wall decoration, and the superbly stacked castle.

Consider the football/moon gone :P
Thanks for the comments

Really nice rooms :)

I like the first one the best though, the castle design is really good but those rugs that are used for like the dead garden section really do make the room sparkle :]

The only advice I could suggest is too try not to go mad with those bat posters, by that i mean don't double them up so you can only see half of the bottom poster - but scatter them in single-file so you can see their full effect. But apart from that -

Well done, I like it. 9/10 +rep :)

The rugs took absolutely ages to find, theyre never in any trade rooms so i had to rely on shops ;(
The poster comment is a great one, itll save me a lot of time and money, ill experiment with them and see what i can come up with :)
Thanks

Kingzy
24-10-2006, 09:50 PM
W-Wow! And I mean... WOW!

10/10 +Rep, VERY NICE!

HondaRyda
25-10-2006, 12:30 AM
thats so tightt! 9.5/10, +rep for sure. very original, great job dude

Nixon!
25-10-2006, 05:36 AM
very well done for the most part, just a few minor changes could be made

Nick-
25-10-2006, 08:33 AM
Thanks all :D
And i love the fact that i havent received any rep since Kinkeh's post ;P

Hurts
25-10-2006, 08:43 AM
Love both rooms, not sure on the red pillows though. I LOVE what you did with the skulls&pods 10/10+rep!

:Hazel
25-10-2006, 09:13 AM
Great rooms with lots of detail. 9/10 and plus rep. :]

Nick-
25-10-2006, 08:39 PM
Slight change to the room as suggested by you guys and ive added 4 black dragons to the second room but its only a minor change

http://img313.imageshack.us/img313/9344/castle3vz6.jpg

Darrem
25-10-2006, 09:54 PM
love it ! 9/10 + rep really nice try :)

Nick-
26-10-2006, 08:15 AM
Nice try? Lol :rolleyes:
Thanks for the rating though :D

Catzsy
26-10-2006, 10:05 AM
Great rooms as usual Nick! So atmospheric and just right for this time of year.
Love the stacking in the first one and overall atmosphere in the second one with
some great lighting effects:) 9.5/10 for now as ones unfinished +rep

Uber-Jason
26-10-2006, 10:24 AM
yeah so nick erm im reviewing this when its done :D the bat posters in a single line around the room with the grey wall or as dark as possible wall i think looks good

Nick-
26-10-2006, 11:21 AM
Great rooms as usual Nick! So atmospheric and just right for this time of year.
Love the stacking in the first one and overall atmosphere in the second one with
some great lighting effects:) 9.5/10 for now as ones unfinished +rep

yeah so nick erm im reviewing this when its done :D the bat posters in a single line around the room with the grey wall or as dark as possible wall i think looks good

Another review to add to my list ;)
Anyone got any bat posters going cheap? :P

Porosity
26-10-2006, 11:26 AM
wow those rooms are awesome, im liking the plasto set up in the first room =P

Nick-
27-10-2006, 08:16 AM
Thanks, thats just what i was going for :D

Dungeon.Keeper
27-10-2006, 08:24 AM
Yeah.. Yet another great room you got there ! i see that people are starting to make/build more rooms using brown plasto since pleapo's Big brown chair
( including my self.. as i got a church due to open soon ) But the only thing i would try is to use rainforest posters up to the edge of the water and the bat posters after... But i think its something that you have to play around with to get the room looking at its best :)

Californication
27-10-2006, 08:32 AM
Nice room 9/10 +rep I love the castle wall's.

Plank
27-10-2006, 11:44 AM
I like it! I think it looks better with the walls bare. 10/10

Nick-
27-10-2006, 02:50 PM
Yeah.. Yet another great room you got there ! i see that people are starting to make/build more rooms using brown plasto since pleapo's Big brown chair
( including my self.. as i got a church due to open soon ) But the only thing i would try is to use rainforest posters up to the edge of the water and the bat posters after... But i think its something that you have to play around with to get the room looking at its best :)

Mhmm, i see what you mean, i did think rainforests were a bit too bright for the room, the idea, as well as to create it using as much dark brown plasto as possible was to make it as dark as possible as well.
Thats an interesting idea though and its tempting to use stars instead of the rainforests but ill see what i can do with that if i can find enough of the type of poster ;)

Nice room 9/10 +rep I love the castle wall's.

Thanks, personally i wasnt a fan of the walls until i actually put something inside the castle, thought it looked a bit empty or hollow but all i had to do was put a couple of chairs inside and it looked in :s xD

I like it! I think it looks better with the walls bare. 10/10

Hmmm, that was an idea that crossed my mind as a picked up the bat posters to relay them but i got the impression that the left hand side of the room looked as if it was lacking something with nothing on the walls ;)
Thanks for the rating :D

Uber-Jason
29-10-2006, 08:22 PM
Another fantastic review by myself lol yeah reviewed and available for reading

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!