PDA

View Full Version : Site Panel Project Need Ideas

Colin-Roberts
24-10-2006, 07:59 PM
so me , geoff and some other friends in real life are coding a site panel/ dj panel more for our use but it will have an installer and everything and will be sold with a liscence but will be fully editable (except for liscence files)

Features So Far:
News
Add News
Delete News x
Edit News x
[/URL]View News
RSS Feed

Staff
Staff Chat
pm center
Alert IP
Edit Profile
View Staff ListLogin
(http://www.colin.connect-hosting.com/sitepanel/shownews.php)Logout

[U]Radio
Book Slots
DJ Says
Timetable
Radio Info for DJs
Radio Stats
dj feedback
Show Current Dj Says
Requests x

Admin
Read Dj Feedback
Ban Song
Add User
Ip Ban
Upgrade User x
Delete User x

Parts in Bold are already coded, x means nothing it's just for my personal use

zoey101
24-10-2006, 08:00 PM
maybe a HTML site editor? like cpanel but not anorrying "A's"

Colin-Roberts
24-10-2006, 08:05 PM
Edit Page
Create Page
Delete Page

are sposed to be on there but ye ill give you rep for reminding me.

zoey101
24-10-2006, 08:07 PM
Edit Page
Create Page
Delete Page

are sposed to be on there but ye ill give you rep for reminding me.
I feel touched :D

JamesRouale
24-10-2006, 08:09 PM
I would recommend a backup modification which allows you to easily and efficiently backup the database, and allows you to import it incase loss of data. Also as I suggested before, an RSS feed from reliable sources such as the BBC, to inform the on-air DJ of the latest updates from around the nation.

JoeComins
24-10-2006, 08:13 PM
maybe a HTML site editor? like cpanel but not anorrying "A's"
The Primal version, which is in development, and may be offered with future designs already has a WYSIWYG editor. Unless you plan on making it yourself, make sure you check their copyright and terms of use

Colin-Roberts
24-10-2006, 08:15 PM
the database backup thing is in cpanel but maybe but an rss feed from bbc and stuff would be useless cause not people from britian so it would have to be alot of news feeds. and joeing i was thinking of maybe a way to intergrate it with the cpanel html editor so you can do it all from the sitepanel instead of having to login to cpanel.

JamesRouale
24-10-2006, 08:19 PM
Colin, I am aware of the backup feature available in 'CPANEL' but Administrators may not have access to the backup utility, and therefore thus utilities would assist them. Also RSS feeds are not generally to the British public, as there are many international RSS feeds available, they are not based around the United Kingdom.

Colin-Roberts
24-10-2006, 08:23 PM
i know but if i were to include rss feeds thats alot unless i make a rss feed reader and admins can add there own rss feeds because otherwise i would have to include i think 193 rss feeds one from each country. and the mysql database backup thing will be added when i login to cpanel again

Kymux
24-10-2006, 09:26 PM
While you all have your heated discussion:

Nice.

Recursion
25-10-2006, 08:31 AM
I think, when you setup an account you select their country and for whatever country it is, it uses a different news feed. Like UK, BBC US, Whatever they have lol

Colin-Roberts
25-10-2006, 11:25 AM
ye tom thats a great idea.. +rep

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!