View Full Version : I'm soooo proud of my sister!

Kirsty
13-03-2005, 12:32 AM
I'm sooooo proud of my sister because she got her very own short story published :) im so proud im gonna write it out here

Halomanora
Only last year i found out i was a witch. It began when i found a wand on the floor, i thought it was a toy, but it was real ... I kept going up to the libary to see what spells I could do, and that day I learnt a spell no one would dare use...

"Louise where are you going, not to the libary again?" asked my big sister Nadine.
"No, I'm going for a walk, see you."

I went up to the red rec, it was deserted, exept for a man wearing a cloak. I tried walking past him but he was blocking my path. I said, "Exscuse me" but he wouldent budge
"Louise Callaway, twelve years ago when you were a baby." he boomed
"I killed your father, he was horrid to me, took over my work ... I killed your mother as she tried to protect you and your sister ... and now im going to kill you!"

I thought quickly ... in the libary i'd learnt that spell. No, I couldent use it ... but it had to be done. 'HALOMANORA!' There was a blinding flash of green light from my wand and he fell down into a ball. I had killed the man who killed my parents. Nadine and I were safe forever

By Danielle Watts age 10 (btw she is ALOT older now well when i say alot about 3 years :P)

Please could u rate and i will show her later on and she has took a bit from harry potter as u can see but o well!

CarolineQT2774
13-03-2005, 12:42 AM
she has took a bit from harry potter as u can see but o well!

A bit... And I thought "Midnight for Charley Boone" was a lot like Harry Potter.
Halomanora sounds alot like Alohomora, which was also a spell used in Harry Potter.

I really don't want to sound as negative. It's good, but - An orignal is always worth more than a copy.

gregzilla
13-03-2005, 01:15 AM
wow thats pretty good for a ten year old, could do with a tad more description like the aisle was dim as one of the light bulbs were out, a large dark figure blocked my path...
get my point? im possitive about it anyway :)

-JT-
14-03-2005, 05:33 PM
em...that got published?:| Even for a 10 year old it is TINY i know 8 year olds who ihave 4 - 5 page storys!

Scriptermone
14-03-2005, 05:38 PM
It's ok But 10 years old :l , when I was 10 I made like 3 paged story and sold in the playground for 10p :D

Mined
14-03-2005, 05:50 PM
Thats very good for a person of that age :)

Lincoln Imp!
14-03-2005, 06:05 PM
Well there's quite a few spelling mistakes and it is just a bit short but it's still quite good though for a ten year old.

2hd.
14-03-2005, 06:12 PM
for a ten yr old 8/10
it did keep me gripped and hwat book was it published in??

:Kimi
24-03-2005, 12:55 PM
Well there's quite a few spelling mistakes and it is just a bit short but it's still quite good though for a ten year old.

I agree, its good but a bit short and needs more description :D

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!