PDA

View Full Version : Shout it Out! - Habbox Forum Web Developers Competition

timROGERS
25-10-2006, 01:54 PM
Shout it Out! - in association with:

http://www.****************/uploads/afccbda0b2.gif (http://www.radiopanel.co.uk/affilate/in.php?usrid=shoutitout)

In association with the leading radio pane, RadioPanel.co.uk, I am creating a competition for the Web Developers on HabboxForum! Of course however, it wouldn't be much of a competition without prizes!

IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS, PM ME, DO NOT REPLY AS THIS IS AN ENTRIES THREAD!

What to Do

Your task is to program a full shoutbox in PHP, HTML, CSS and Javascript by midday on Sunday 29th October, and release it to everyone under the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-sa/2.5/) license.

This means that people are allowed to edit it, and share the current version and their edits however they like, as long as they give credit to the scripts creator.

The panel must include some documentation (basic install and usage guide), all the files necessary and a copy of the license in the ZIP file.

Why should I do it?

Why not? By releasing a shoutbox under Creative Commons, you'll be helping people to create their own sites and communities, learn how to program, and get yourself community kudos!

And for an extra push, thanks to RadioPanel (http://www.radiopanel.co.uk/affilate/in.php?usrid=shoutitout) you will receive a complimentary copy of the great, award winning RadioPanel, free for you to use and enjoy, and possibly Paypal cash and/or Habbox VIP.

What will happen?

On the closing date, this thread will be ended and no more entries will be accepted. The judges:

NintendoNews - Competition Creator and Web Developer
Organised - Developer of RadioPanel
Scubadiva - Habbo

and a Habbo site owner to be found, will judge all the entries. A winner will be chosen, and their name will be posted here, and they will be contacted by RadioPanel to arrange the delivery of their prize.

What should I do and not do?

By following the following guidelines, your shoutbox can score far more points, giving it a better chance of winning!

You should:

Comment your code to make it easier to read and edit
Create an easy-to-use installation script
Include documentation of a high standard
Indent your code and organise it well
Try to keep the file size as low as possible
Include options for admins including editing and deleting
Make it easy to edit the look of the shoutbox
Make the default look appealing to the shoutboxes users
Provide a demo
Provide as many features to users and admins as possible
You shouldn't:

Encrypt the code (you will be disqualified)
Sell the code you create, or anyone elses
Make it difficult to install
Copy someones code to the word
Include deliberate exploits or backdoors (code will be checked!)
Write messy, difficult to read code

How to Enter

To enter, put all you code and a copy of the license mentioned above in a ZIP file, and upload it to a file upload site that won't quickly delete your file.

Once you have, reply to this thread with the address of the file, the name of your shoutbox, your forum name and the URL to a demo installation of your shoutbox if you've made one!

Please, please enter, and GOOD LUCK!

zoey101
25-10-2006, 01:59 PM
Great Idea - I would enter but i';m very rubish at PHP ect

RYANNNNN
25-10-2006, 02:29 PM
What award did radiopanel win? lol..

timROGERS
25-10-2006, 02:34 PM
I would count the fact that it is the most popular radio panel on this forum as a bit of a reward :P

RYANNNNN
25-10-2006, 02:38 PM
on this forum .. lol

adm
25-10-2006, 02:49 PM
And we do all this for free?:s

Jargit
25-10-2006, 02:54 PM
I would enter if i knew wat it was about and bothered to read it

JoeComins
25-10-2006, 02:59 PM
I would count the fact that it is the most popular radio panel on this forum as a bit of a reward :P
No - I could say I have many awards for having the highest post count in this thread, but that wouldn't be an award, so do you actually knwo wht the hell your talking about?

Jargit
25-10-2006, 03:11 PM
he sed reward... Not Award...

Mentor
25-10-2006, 03:18 PM
ive been thinking of writeing an ajax shoutbox for a while or at least tutoral on createing one, but this competition seems a bit pointless, i may as well just make it and plonk it directy on thybag, as entering this has no benifits? I do not need a radio panel, and if i did i could easly create my own, which would far better sute my needs and intergrated in to my sites modular arcutecture far more efficantly "/ as to say, the prize sucks.
With the prize id be quite doubful anyone would actualy go out of there way to create a shoutbox for the competition unless they had already planned on doing so. Becuse of that, if you do get enterys, id be sceptical at there quality "/

scubadiva
25-10-2006, 03:28 PM
ive been thinking of writeing an ajax shoutbox for a while or at least tutoral on createing one, but this competition seems a bit pointless, i may as well just make it and plonk it directy on thybag, as entering this has no benifits? I do not need a radio panel, and if i did i could easly create my own, which would far better sute my needs and intergrated in to my sites modular arcutecture far more efficantly "/ as to say, the prize sucks.
With the prize id be quite doubful anyone would actualy go out of there way to create a shoutbox for the competition unless they had already planned on doing so. Becuse of that, if you do get enterys, id be sceptical at there quality "/

Go on, surprise us, create a really good shoutbox, and impress us.

JoeComins
25-10-2006, 03:37 PM
Go on, surprise us, create a really good shoutbox, and impress us.
Is that scarcasm?

Carl is better than anyone on this site with coding (Maybe in-line with 2 other?)

I would like to see you do it, put it on your site, and show them how a good one is made, and show up these idiots - GO CARL!

Splinter
25-10-2006, 03:56 PM
there is no advantage to entering this competition since if you have the skills to win it your more likely to want to (as carl said) write your own Radio Panel which can be intergrated rather than use one which dosen't seem to be anything more than your average radio panel..

Recursion
25-10-2006, 04:01 PM
i want a radiopanel but i cannot code or pay "/. And i cannot enter because as i said, i cant code

Jamie.
25-10-2006, 06:15 PM
May i just say this a lil pointless. Carl, yes just post it on your site this isnt worth it, the radio panel isnt great either ;l

JoeComins
25-10-2006, 06:30 PM
he sed reward... Not Award...

And for an extra push, thanks to RadioPanel you will receive a complimentary copy of the great, award winning RadioPanel, free for you to use and enjoy, and possibly Paypal cash and/or Habbox VIP.

I think not

:Blob
25-10-2006, 06:58 PM
I think not

Well pointed out

Has it even recieved a award :s

SimplyTech
25-10-2006, 08:39 PM
Im sure everyone on hear has better things to do with their time cause if they could make a shoutbox its likely they could make a radio panel.

beer
25-10-2006, 09:33 PM
lol im still waiting 4 my radio panel which i bought nearly 2 weeks ago now....

Sygon.
26-10-2006, 03:19 PM

Thanks for to who :rolleyes:

Making all the banners :rolleyes:

Getting people to put in in their sig :rolleyes:

Help marketing it :rolleyes:

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!