Sort it out ;l
n dnt say "well behave" im geting infractions for the most stupid of things ;l
n dnt give me the link to that get ur infractions sorted thread ;l
i am sick off it
ppl are leaving bcoz of these infractions ;l
Habbox was fine before them.
get rid of them : @

^^^^^^^^

Edited by ---MAD--- (Forum Administrator): Please do not pointless post, thanks :).

dirrty
26-10-2006, 06:00 PM
I think infractions are harsh.

How many infractions/warnings for a ban?

---MAD---
26-10-2006, 06:01 PM
Well we have explained this before. Before infractions, you use to get used notes which you didn't know about. These keep you aware of the rules and give you an idea whats unacceptable and whats acceptable. If you think an infractions is just pointless, report it and the super moderators / administrators will check it out for you.

We won't be removing them because they are used to log your offenses at Habbox uk forum.

There is no set number of infractions for a ban.

Thanks
MAD

fetish
26-10-2006, 06:02 PM
Well we have explained this before. Before infractions, you use to get used notes which you didn't know about. These keep you aware of the rules and give you an idea whats unacceptable and whats acceptable. If you think an infractions is just pointless, report it and the super moderators / administrators will check it out for you.

We won't be removing them because they are used to log your offenses at Habbox uk forum.

Thanks
MAD
User notes weret as bad as infarctions ;l
i want to speak to sierk plz

benjamin
26-10-2006, 06:03 PM

Thanks
MAD
Actually it's 10?

Whenever someone gets 10 they get a 7 day ban so don't give us that crap.

Neurotic2
26-10-2006, 06:03 PM
^^^^^^^^

Edited by ---MAD--- (Forum Administrator): Please do not pointless post, thanks :).

SEE LOOK! LMAO.

And i agree with joex

dirrty
26-10-2006, 06:04 PM
I have more then 10 and dont wish to be banned or w.e so yea.

Im guessing it depends on how bad the thing was to be infractioned for.

fetish
26-10-2006, 06:04 PM
i wnt waste my time talking 2 dese time wasting super mods/admins who just copy n paste stuff !
I WANT TO TALK 2 SIERK ASAP :@

laurenx
26-10-2006, 06:06 PM
^^^^^^^^

Oh right thanks.

Nixt
26-10-2006, 06:06 PM
Actually it's 10?

Whenever someone gets 10 they get a 7 day ban so don't give us that crap.

It generally varies though. If those ten are spread out and not very serious, you may not receive a ban, perhaps just a caution.

laurenx
26-10-2006, 06:07 PM
It generally varies though. If those ten are spread out and not very serious, you may not receive a ban, perhaps just a caution.

Thats what i thought, it depends what you do?

fetish
26-10-2006, 06:08 PM
Mad r u dumb or something?
Lauren was agreeing wid me by doing that n u infractioned her :s

benjamin
26-10-2006, 06:08 PM
Chaz got one and his were spread out and for stupid reasons.

Since the Infractions came along all the absn & crap havn't been justified, they've been too random.

fetish
26-10-2006, 06:09 PM
Remove da infraction system i say x

laurenx
26-10-2006, 06:09 PM
Mad r u dumb or something?
Lauren was agreeing wid me by doing that n u infractioned her :s

lol, I havent got a PM yet.

Nixt
26-10-2006, 06:10 PM
lol, I havent got a PM yet.

That's because you didn't get an infraction. ;)

laurenx

Oh ok ..

fetish
y he edit her post den?
i see a problem in da system !

Nixt
26-10-2006, 06:11 PM
y he edit her post den?

Sometimes (Super) Moderators/Administrators take the decision to simply edit the post as a warning to the user.

laurenx
26-10-2006, 06:11 PM
y he edit her post den?

there is always a problem in the system..

Pizza2
26-10-2006, 06:40 PM
Remove da infraction system i say x

agreed

benjamin
26-10-2006, 06:44 PM
Sometimes (Super) Moderators/Administrators take the decision to simply edit the post as a warning to the user.
It's pretty much random, I see no decent system.

Eamonn
26-10-2006, 07:30 PM

Thanks
MAD
Err no mate, I have been a moderator on other forums and it is exactly the same here, moderators couldn't be bothered to write usernotes half the time so you never got loads but as soon as infractions come in and there only a button away your all giving them out every minute and plus FIRE those new mods, they have given me like 5 infractions which have been reversed cus they are rubbish.

fetish
26-10-2006, 07:51 PM
i wnt talk 2 these so called forum staff, dere seem 2 be brain washed :@
i never trusted dat forum manager or dat seacat anywaytz..
I WANT TO TALK 2 SIERK
ASAP :@

vibrant
26-10-2006, 07:54 PM
tbh the trialist mods suck. they give out infractions for the slightest things.

fetish
26-10-2006, 08:09 PM
i say fire the trials !!

vibrant
26-10-2006, 08:10 PM
LOL. ye

Italic
27-10-2006, 02:48 AM
Err no mate, I have been a moderator on other forums and it is exactly the same here, moderators couldn't be bothered to write usernotes half the time so you never got loads but as soon as infractions come in and there only a button away your all giving them out every minute and plus FIRE those new mods, they have given me like 5 infractions which have been reversed cus they are rubbish.

And how do you know this? Give me some evidence.

IMO at Habbox (not sure about other forums) usernotes were given as much as infractions. It didn't supply an automatic PM so the moderators had to PM the rule-breaker manually. There were certain times when the moderators didn't have to PM the user so they weren't made aware of it.

With infractions, because the rule-breaker receives an automatic PM, and they can see how many infractions they have, they are made well aware of their mistakes and can fix them in the future.

infatuation
27-10-2006, 04:55 AM
tbh the trialist mods suck. they give out infractions for the slightest things.

i say fire the trials !!

thank god I don't moderate the spam forum, although I am considering it 8-)
We're just doing our job:eusa_wall

Eamonn
27-10-2006, 11:21 AM
And how do you know this? Give me some evidence.

IMO at Habbox (not sure about other forums) usernotes were given as much as infractions. It didn't supply an automatic PM so the moderators had to PM the rule-breaker manually. There were certain times when the moderators didn't have to PM the user so they weren't made aware of it.

With infractions, because the rule-breaker receives an automatic PM, and they can see how many infractions they have, they are made well aware of their mistakes and can fix them in the future.
Err no trust me I think I know and how can I give you evidence, its just common knowledge of forums.

---MAD---
28-10-2006, 04:46 PM
Err no trust me I think I know and how can I give you evidence, its just common knowledge of forums.
What? I dont understand what you said there.

What the moderator said was true :).

Plank
28-10-2006, 06:56 PM
I havent been on this forum long, but so far all I can say is that it is the strictest forum I have ever been on, and yes, I have been on loads in the past... Most other forums i have been on are for teens and younger people too, and they have only like a few rules and it runs perfectly fine with a bit more freedom...

Simplicated
28-10-2006, 07:05 PM
Yeah i must agree with you Lynx but at the end of the day its they set the rules we just have to follow them i suppose

when i first signed up i got about 3 infractions on my first day for silly things but ive gotten used to it now

Ezzie.
28-10-2006, 08:33 PM
I'm an ex super mod of habbox forum and the old system in my opinion worked fine. There weren't trigger happy mods who give you an infraction for the most pointless reasons, before we either posted a user note or pmd them with a warning and if they kept doing it we either cautioned/temp/or perm banned them, there was no need for any infractions :S

sierk
28-10-2006, 09:35 PM
For what kind of breaking of the forum rules should you no longer get an infraction, in your opinion?
Isn't it very simple to just be nice to people, follow the rules, and not get any infractions at all?

Italic
28-10-2006, 09:36 PM
I'm an ex super mod of habbox forum and the old system in my opinion worked fine. There weren't trigger happy mods who give you an infraction for the most pointless reasons, before we either posted a user note or pmd them with a warning and if they kept doing it we either cautioned/temp/or perm banned them, there was no need for any infractions :S

The infraction system came with vBulletin 3.6 so HxF management decided to use it. It's a lot easier to keep track of people's record etc.

fetish
28-10-2006, 10:10 PM
For what kind of breaking of the forum rules should you no longer get an infraction, in your opinion?
Isn't it very simple to just be nice to people, follow the rules, and not get any infractions at all?
People get all that in real life with the rules and stuff?
Habbox aint offical but its the habbo forum with the most rules and stupid infractions ;l
I think you need to sort it sierk !
As some members are SICK of it ;l

Dan2nd
28-10-2006, 10:15 PM
People get all that in real life with the rules and stuff?
Habbox aint offical but its the habbo forum with the most rules and stupid infractions ;l
I think you need to sort it sierk !
As some members are SICK of it ;l

I'm not staff or a MOD and I agree with the infractions system what I don't agree with is how inconsistent (sp?) it is one person does something nothing happens someone else does it and they get an infraction just annoys me

Mrs.McCall
28-10-2006, 10:47 PM
The forum needs to be moderated heavily to ensure it is a user-friendly environment. If you are talking about sex or swearing or abusing people, it will make other users unhappy and less likely to use the forum. I feel you have no real argument for losing infractions you just don't like the fact that rules are in place.

I understand that sometimes they are given unfairly or too regularly. You have to understand that nobody is perfect and as a former trialist moderator I can say that doing this job is hard.

So give moderators a break, take your infraction and accept it. If you don't like recieving them then don't break the rules. Then you won't get banned or recieve infractions.

Like Sierk said, if you tell us what you feel infractions should be given for then I am sure they will review them.

Just calm down and be happy and enjoy the forum! You can have fun without needing to break the rules :)

Plank
29-10-2006, 08:53 AM
I think infractions are ok for swearing ect, but obvious accidently double posting or having your sig the wrong size and not knowing or posting in the wrong forum when you didn't mean to, I don't think you should get infractions for them...

nvrspk4
30-10-2006, 01:14 AM
Ok I only read the first post and nothing else so sorry if someone mentioned something and I didn't notice it.

I'd like to start off by saying, the only reason users are really so ticked off about infractions is because they're AutoPMd and they can see them. So basically, if we didn't let them see infractions and didn't autoPM, nobody would really care anymore. That's the way it was with usernotes. So would you guys rather the autopm stopped and you couldn't see how many you had?

People are saying bring back the usernotes, we got fewer then! Ummm no. Basically every edited rulebreak was a usernote and every mod gave it. Here sometimes you might not even get infracted. Also, with usernotes, they stayed forever. I saw usernotes from over a year before, that'll never happen with infractions. Plus some warnings are just a warning here, and don't add to your points. Posting in the wrong forum and double posting counted as one usernote, so when you viewed the usernote count those were included. Basically the infraction system is more easygoing.

I also didn't go through and quote to make sure this wasn't an essay :P So yeah I'm done :D

sam iz da buz
30-10-2006, 02:07 AM

Wow,are my eyes deceiving me or are you actually answering a complaint? Makes a change

And the mod trialists (Espcially that Nick and Ymo) are having a bloody field day with them

Jerremy
30-10-2006, 03:55 AM
i like them.
i can see what i got in trouble for.
and if it is unfair i can just report it and it gets reversed, however i would rather have it be deleted, but still ;/
i hated usernotes, i always thought i got banned for nothing.
-
and about the trialists, i hate them all except logan.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!