PDA

View Full Version : > HabboPaper Version 2.0

Invent
26-10-2006, 08:54 PM
Hey.

The currently Official Fansite HabboPaper.co.uk has been inactive for a VERY long time now, but finally we are bringing it back.

Because of this we have brought the site into Version 2.0. As its now in V2, we have a brand new look for the site.

We are currently needing some comments on the template and some good/bad points about it.

Just check it out at: http://www.habbopaper.co.uk

Or look below for a screenie:

http://aycu21.webshots.com/image/5060/2005813749669542960_rs.jpg

Thanks

mmhmm.
26-10-2006, 08:56 PM
being inactive for a VERY long time is still an understatement :rolleyes:

and its onli on version 2?? woah, doesnt change much

the new layout's fine, atleast its a change from the regular black and greyish site i remember.

Recursion
26-10-2006, 09:01 PM
Im loving the brand new layout!! Makes me wish i could make layouts like that!!

SimplyTech
26-10-2006, 09:05 PM
I thought atleast official fansites would try something different apparantly i was wrong [common layout]

Invent
26-10-2006, 09:12 PM
Im loving the brand new layout!! Makes me wish i could make layouts like that!!

lol, Thanks :]

I thought atleast official fansites would try something different apparantly i was wrong [common layout]

Well, we kind of thought. If its common, its common for a reason? People must like that style. No point going crazy with the design and making a stupid design which has too much going on. Stay with the simple design which everyone enjoys.

Thanks for your comments<3

RNelson
26-10-2006, 09:15 PM
I don't enjoy looking at same old boring styles :)

Well, we kind of thought. If its common, its common for a reason? People must like that style. No point going crazy with the design and making a stupid design which has too much going on. Stay with the simple design which everyone enjoys.

SimplyTech
26-10-2006, 09:15 PM

Who says people like it?
Everyone just follows eachother it doesnt mean its good. Its like your lemmings. WOOOO LEMMINGS. The design used to be good but now its just overused.

Invent
26-10-2006, 09:24 PM
I don't enjoy looking at same old boring styles
Congrats to you! (Sorry, not trying to be rude x])

Who says people like it?
Everyone just follows eachother it doesnt mean its good. Its like your lemmings. WOOOO LEMMINGS. The design used to be good but now its just overused.

Sorry, I made a bad assumption that most people like the style *COUGH*"Im loving the brand new layout!!"*COUGH* x).

Kymux
26-10-2006, 09:27 PM
I think it's great! As somebody above said thoug, a long time is an understatement. If you get official you kep it official.. You really have to hire some hard working staff to get users more active and coming back for more.

Let us hope this is the way forways! Well done.. Dan xx

SimplyTech
26-10-2006, 09:28 PM
Congrats to you! (Sorry, not trying to be rude x])

Sorry, I made a bad assumption that most people like the style *COUGH*"Im loving the brand new layout!!"*COUGH* x).
and i didnt
*COUGH* I don't enjoy looking at same old boring styles *COUGH*
Cause when you compare it to something different like sygons old design the ratings were all 10/10 +rep and is it for sale etc
Im trying to help you out here by giving my honest opinion im not saying its not good im just saying you can achive so much more

Invent
26-10-2006, 09:31 PM
Thanks for your nice message :]

We are hiring staff ASAP now, and getting the content up. We have also heard of other sites that the Official Fansite list is getting sorted out, and that old sites will be getting removed.

So we are trying to get the site vair popular again, so they might reconsider removing it from the Official List.

Anyway, the site should be much more active now, the reason why it went down was that the owner (Hemerada) started University and basically forgot about the site....But just before this my site became partners with HP, and since then I have gotten cPanel access. So im going to try and bring the site back with the new design I made and the old staff :]

mmhmm.
26-10-2006, 09:31 PM
i think what people are trying to say is that new layouts catch the attention more than old and played-out layouts

like when hab-world.com got their awesome layout (the one before the current one i think)

and yourhabbo.co.uk has a great, fresh looking layout

their layouts didnt follow the norm, yet they looked good and drew attention.

RNelson
26-10-2006, 09:34 PM
With a template like that you won't get popular again "If you was even popular anyway"
Thanks for your nice message :]

We are hiring staff ASAP now, and getting the content up. We have also heard of other sites that the Official Fansite list is getting sorted out, and that old sites will be getting removed.

So we are trying to get the site vair popular again, so they might reconsider removing it from the Official List.

Anyway, the site should be much more active now, the reason why it went down was that the owner (Hemerada) started University and basically forgot about the site....But just before this my site became partners with HP, and since then I have gotten cPanel access. So im going to try and bring the site back with the new design I made and the old staff :]

SimplyTech
26-10-2006, 09:40 PM
With a template like that you won't get popular again "If you was even popular anyway"
Basically yeh whats different about habbo paper to any other fansite which deserves it just as much if not more?

Invent
26-10-2006, 09:41 PM
With a template like that you won't get popular again
No offence dude. But I think you have no idea what you're on about. Do you not remember Habbox's old layout. The one that made it one of the most popular fansites? The blue and yellow design. That wasnt amazing, yet Habbox is still bloody popular.

Basically yeh whats different about habbo paper to any other fansite which deserves it just as much if not more?
That my friend will become obvious when the content is finished and uploaded. And the staff have been hired ;]

ALSO: Sorry if im being rude O;] I dont want this to a thread where people just flame each other repeatidly. You're all entitled to your opinions, and I respect them all.

SimplyTech
26-10-2006, 09:45 PM
No offence dude. But I think you have no idea what you're on about. Do you not remember Habbox's old layout. The one that made it one of the most popular fansites? The blue and yellow design. That wasnt amazing, yet Habbox is still bloody popular.

That my friend will become obvious when the content is finished and uploaded. And the staff have been hired ;]
Ryan knows perfectly well what hes on about and habbox was founded along time ago awhile after i joined habbo in '01. It was the first really decent fansite so it gained popularity if it was founded now with its original layout regardless of the content i think it would fail.

Ryan has been webdesigning longer than you and possible played habbo longer than you so shush lol

mmhmm.
26-10-2006, 09:47 PM

ALSO: Sorry if im being rude O;] I dont want this to a thread where people just flame each other repeatidly. You're all entitled to your opinions, and I respect them all.

it was amazing and fresh for the time. you forget it was a couple years ago. we're talking about the present.

Invent
26-10-2006, 09:48 PM
original layout
Thats a lie, its not original or custom or what ever you want to call it.

And no he hasnt played as long as me, I have been on since before Habbox. I know that has nothing to do with anything. I just enjoy to point it out.

it was amazing and fresh for the time. you forget it was a couple years ago. we're talking about the present.
I sort of agree with you there. It wasnt "amazing" for the time. I knew alot of sites which had a much better design than Habbox. But Habbox stayed popular because of its content. And thats what we are hoping will help bring HP Back.

SimplyTech
26-10-2006, 09:51 PM
Thats a lie, its not original or custom or what ever you want to call it.

And no he hasnt played as long as me, I have been on since before Habbox. I know that has nothing to do with anything. I just enjoy to point it out.
By original i mean the one it had first, sorry i can see how that could be confusing.

RNelson
26-10-2006, 09:52 PM
Face it mini-man you had your fame and glory when it WAS official it's not going to get anywhere again so ermmm give up?

Invent
26-10-2006, 09:57 PM
By original i mean the one it had first, sorry i can see how that could be confusing.
Sorry, I never read your post properly, I apologise ;]

Face it mini-man you had your fame and glory when it WAS official it's not going to get anywhere again so ermmm give up?
Nah, thats the point im not just going to give up if its not popular? Im going to try hard, and if it doesnt get popular..Oh no! It doesnt matter, its the stuff that I have learned, etc thats important...

SimplyTech
26-10-2006, 09:57 PM
If i see a brilliantly designed site and an averagey one id automatically look at the brilliantly designed site because i know theyve spent time on it. Im not saying your site will be unpopular but chances are it wont be as popular as you could make it considering its status. If i was you id sell it you could make a fair bit on it. If not goodluck but dont spam our forums with ads ;).

Invent
26-10-2006, 10:01 PM
Dont worry I wont spam ;).

Ohh and another thing, ThinkHabbo their template sucked, but how popular are they?! Now I dont remember RuneScapeFM's layout, but judging by their old one...Im thinking it wasnt very good. But thats just a guess :]

ReviewDude
26-10-2006, 10:28 PM
Personally I like the new template. I know it's my job to - but my honest perspective is that it's what's needed. We're all working really hard to avoid the chop come Fansite Month, and this can only be beneficial. I only hope it's finished in time. Nice work Mr. Mini :)

-Justin
26-10-2006, 10:43 PM
Havent You Heard Before "Great Minds Think For themselfs?"

I like the layout Except for the fact its so bright i think i lost eyesight in my left eye.

JamesRouale
26-10-2006, 11:42 PM
Personally I thought you originality was based on your template it was dull but that was how others found it unique, now it is vibrant which by all meanings of the word is a positive comment. Although you have reverted to the 'code of conduct' that most modern fansites follow. By doing so you have lost your unique design. I would recommend expanding your design by experimenting various ideas, a good imagination, and fairly decent design skills can improve your unique 'factor' that most fansites desire.

Flumples
26-10-2006, 11:51 PM
Personally I like the new template. I know it's my job to - but my honest perspective is that it's what's needed. We're all working really hard to avoid the chop come Fansite Month, and this can only be beneficial. I only hope it's finished in time. Nice work Mr. Mini :)
o crap can we get removed if we cba doing much?

ReviewDude
27-10-2006, 12:13 AM
o crap can we get removed if we cba doing much?

Rofl. Yeah, they're removing a load of fansites in the clearout this year. I'm scared :(

Flumples
27-10-2006, 12:15 AM
ummm... i'll just turn mine into a forum cos theres only 2 of them so i'll be kay xxxoxoxoxoxox :]]

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!