PDA

View Full Version : A question for... technical people?

Xarea
26-10-2006, 10:01 PM
On Habbo, the filter is the bobba filter yeah? Stay with me here, now it gets confusing.

If Habbo, filtered bobba, what would bobba (swearing) come out as because bobba wouldnt come out as bobba as bobba is filtered in the bobba filter but bobba is the word to replace swearing.

So basically if bobba got filtered, and I said a naughty word beginning in f and ending in uck on Habbo, what would happen? Because it can't show bobba as thats filtered...

Any ideas?

Aitken
26-10-2006, 10:26 PM
This is a pretty silly question if you ask me.
bobba is the word that replaces swearing. therefore my answer to this would be the next word that habbo think of to replace the word bobba with.

Invent
26-10-2006, 10:28 PM
Most probably you would get Disconnected as the server would try to send 'bobba' as the message but then it would just get blocked and so it would try to send 'bobba' so you know its been blocked which wont work...and that will just basically repeat until you d/c lol OR just no message would appear. Just some silly ideas by me x]

OFF TOPIC: Oh and please PM me about what you want in the voiceovers x] Im getting 50 words and I need quite a few of the words for some 'TheHabbos' jingles aswell. Your lucky, Doug pays for his jingles you get them for free lol.

benjamin
26-10-2006, 10:30 PM
Well they wouldn't filter 'Bobba' as it is the filtration word. So yeah, a stupid question.

Kardan
26-10-2006, 10:37 PM
It would be replaced by the filtered word.
:rolleyes:

GommeInc
26-10-2006, 10:48 PM
It will come out as bobba I believe. If you filter a word that is also filtered, it will come out as the end filtered word. It won't think "Oh I filtered this, but that also needs filtering." It will just filter it once and leave the end word as it is. I shall illustrate.

Bobba is filtered. The replacement word is bobba.

Bobba > Bobba = Bobba

Invent
26-10-2006, 10:55 PM
But when it tries to produce the code to send the word bobba to the server, wont it recognise it as a banned word and try once again to block it ?..

Xarea
27-10-2006, 07:44 AM
But when it tries to produce the code to send the word bobba to the server, wont it recognise it as a banned word and try once again to block it ?..

Thats what I thought...

stratosphere
27-10-2006, 01:37 PM
But how would other habbos know that it wasn't swearing if someone typed bobba?

paul♥
27-10-2006, 01:40 PM
Ok, this thread has bobbad my head up.

Don't get ya.

Laurensh1
27-10-2006, 01:59 PM
In NL, if I type Bobba (CAPITAL LETTER) it comes out as bobba

nets
28-10-2006, 12:17 AM
it only goes through and replaces the swear words with "bobba" once, so it would replace "bobba" with "bobba" and then display it on the screen. it doesn't check for swear words more than once...

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!