PDA

View Full Version : Sims 2 pets - Is it worth buying?

-Soph-
27-10-2006, 09:17 PM
Just wondering as I have £20 which I really want to spend on two things.

Is this game worth buying?

brandon
27-10-2006, 09:17 PM
No, but that's of my personal choice.

-Soph-
27-10-2006, 09:28 PM
I'm really into the sims though:p

What extra features do you get with it except pets?

brapbrap
27-10-2006, 09:39 PM
BRANDON What are you doing online? lol PRO 6 IS OUT, PLay it dude.

Im just checking my threads now im gone.

Koller and crouch are birlliant on that game, so many headers.

Angel-Light
27-10-2006, 11:03 PM
It's alright I suppose.. I do believe though it will need another expansion pack to play with as in truth their aren't many features :s

There is only very few toys for the pets: (2 for cat, 1 for dog)

Takes ages to make them learn skills

Sims always go off and play with the pets when you don't want them too

If your graphics card is pants then your walls will glow red ALL the time (gives you sore eyes after a while)

If you like designing your Sims in CAS then the pet CAS might be fun as you can unlock codes to give you extra colours, collars etc

Click here (http://www.snootysims.com/petsindex.php?id=petsinfo) for some info about the expansion pack

I've had Pets for about a week now and truthfully I find it boring, I've resorted back to good old Theme Hospital <3

dirrty
27-10-2006, 11:12 PM
YES YES YES!!!!!!

Buy it because the Sims is just an amazing game.

womanizer
27-10-2006, 11:46 PM
If you want to expand you sims 2 world then yes. I never was really fussed on having pets so it isn't my favourite expansion.

You can create pets just like you create sims in create-a-pet mode.
Pets can have jobs when they get promoted you can unlock special pet things like star patterned fur etc.
You can rotate tiles in build mode [which I still havnt figured out]
Breeding is fun but you get 3/4 puppies which are hard to handle.
The good thing is pets dont really need any attention, you just need to bath them and fill their pet bowl.

Not my favourite pack. I'm waiting for Seasons! I loved Holiday in the sims 2.

risque
27-10-2006, 11:48 PM
It's alright I suppose.. I do believe though it will need another expansion pack to play with as in truth their aren't many features :s

There is only very few toys for the pets: (2 for cat, 1 for dog)
Takes ages to make them learn skills
Sims always go off and play with the pets when you don't want them too
If your graphics card is pants then your walls will glow red ALL the time (gives you sore eyes after a while)
If you like designing your Sims in CAS then the pet CAS might be fun as you can unlock codes to give you extra colours, collars etc

Click here (http://www.snootysims.com/petsindex.php?id=petsinfo) for some info about the expansion pack

I've had Pets for about a week now and truthfully I find it boring, I've resorted back to good old Theme Hospital <3

You can turn that off some how in game play options.

dirrty
28-10-2006, 12:02 AM
Yea,
You can turn off free will.

womanizer
28-10-2006, 12:35 AM
I don't wanna turn it off though. I play the sims online and we dont have freewill. However there is a special TSO city called Betaville where u make families with freewill.

dirrty
28-10-2006, 12:41 AM
If you want to expand you sims 2 world then yes. I never was really fussed on having pets so it isn't my favourite expansion.

You can create pets just like you create sims in create-a-pet mode.
Pets can have jobs when they get promoted you can unlock special pet things like star patterned fur etc.
You can rotate tiles in build mode [which I still havnt figured out]
Breeding is fun but you get 3/4 puppies which are hard to handle.
The good thing is pets dont really need any attention, you just need to bath them and fill their pet bowl.

Not my favourite pack. I'm waiting for Seasons! I loved Holiday in the sims 2.

Same. That seems really good, and different weathers! Cant wait lol.

womanizer
28-10-2006, 12:49 AM
Basically it's The Sims 2 version of on Holiday except much better. Snow days etc I wonder what the supernatural creature will be:

The Sims 2: Aliens
University: Zombies
Nightlife: Vampires
Open For Business: Servo
Pets: Warewolf
In Season: ??

dirrty
28-10-2006, 12:50 AM
True true.
It could be bigfoot as that lives in the wild and season is.. w.e

But Sims is worth it.

womanizer
28-10-2006, 12:53 AM
True true.
It could be bigfoot as that lives in the wild and season is.. w.e

But Sims is worth it.

Or Yeti!

-Soph-
28-10-2006, 09:49 AM
Cheers everyone!
What i'm gunna do is spend my &#163;20 tommorow on the other thing and save up another &#163;20 and buy the game;)

emobusters
28-10-2006, 11:31 PM
i bought the game for £15 at morrisons so if you really want it go there and get it cheaper.

-Soph-
31-10-2006, 07:27 AM
I think its in game for &#163;18, morrisons is ages away from me so i'm gunna get it from game tonight, cheers for everyones advice;)

ebay
31-10-2006, 09:51 AM
yes, i bought it for my sister for her birthday and she loves it, i have lost my other computer from it as i cant get on

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!