PDA

View Full Version : Dealing With STRESS !

partie2
14-03-2005, 06:46 AM
Hiya Everyone :)

I was wondering is that even how you spell wondering mm ow well.. well how do you deal with stress ?

ideabox
14-03-2005, 06:48 AM
Thats beyond my thorght. I know facts but no how to deal with them. Sorry.

micky.blue.eyes
14-03-2005, 07:08 AM
I don't lol. I don't have stress much. But this might help: Put some nice music on (no rock or something :p) and relax :D

Good luckies from me.

la-ur-en
14-03-2005, 03:50 PM
Well first of all you must learn to recognise stress: Stress symptoms include mental, social, and physical manifestations. These include exhaustion, loss of/increased appetite, headaches, crying, sleeplessness, and oversleeping. Escape through alcohol, drugs, or other compulsive behavior are often indications. Feelings of alarm, frustration, or apathy may accompany stress

Look around:
See if there really is something you can change or control in the situation

Learn how to best relax yourself:
Meditation and breathing exercises have been proven to be very effective in controlling stress. Practice clearing your mind of disturbing thoughts.

Remove yourself from the stressful situation:
Give yourself a break if only for a few moments daily Set realistic goals for yourself

Reduce the number of events going on in your life and you may reduce the circuit overload

Don't sweat the small stuff

Try to prioritize a few truly important things and let the rest slide Don't overwhelm yourself
by fretting about your entire workload. Handle each task as it comes, or selectively deal with matters in some priority

Selectively change the way you react,
but not too much at one time. Focus on one troublesome thing and manage your reactions to it/him/her Change the way you see things

Learn to recognize stress for what it is. Increase your body's feedback and make stress self-regulating

Avoid extreme reactions;
Why hate when a little dislike will do? Why generate anxiety when you can be nervous? Why rage when anger will do the job? Why be depressed when you can just be sad?

Do something for others to help get your mind off your self

Get enough sleep: Lack of rest just aggravates stress Work off stress
with physical activity, whether it's jogging, tennis, gardening

Avoid self-medication or escape

Alcohol and drugs can mask stress. They don't help deal with the problems.
The bottom line of stress management is "I upset myself"
Try to "use" stress
If you can't fight what's bothering you and you can't flee from it, flow with it and try to use it in a productive way

Try to be positive
Give yourself messages as to how well you can cope rather than how horrible everything is going to be.

"Stress can actually help memory, provided it is short-term and not too severe. Stress causes more glucose to be delivered to the brain, which makes more energy available to neurons. This, in turn, enhances memory formation and retrieval. On the other hand, if stress is prolonged, it can impede the glucose delivery and disrupt memory."

If you are REALLY stressed, i would advise talking to a counciler or a helpline who will gradually help you recover.

If you really don't want to use this information, I would say have some sleep and try not to worry, try and do something you are happy to do.
Stress is something EVERYONE goes through in there lives. Sometimes you just have to deal with it and in time it will pass...

Jamie
14-03-2005, 03:51 PM
Put on rock music and scream ;)
Always works for me

2hd.
14-03-2005, 03:56 PM
let it simmer up inside you until it turns into depression. works best for me!

partie2
14-03-2005, 04:21 PM
I thought of one !

Eat Loads of your favourite food. mmmmm :D

Rarelime
14-03-2005, 05:01 PM
Take your anger out on a pillow or cushion, orrrr chew on a dog chewie ;)

Dave,
14-03-2005, 05:22 PM
I odn't get stressed often, but when I do I learnt to block it out.

Luayminator
15-03-2005, 07:21 PM
I never get stressed to deal with it

Mentor
15-03-2005, 08:23 PM
i dont think i get stressed so ive nevr had 2 deal with it :/

MYKE!
15-03-2005, 08:29 PM
I scream and hit things so much i nearly die. And then i stop playing the game i'm playing for a month - Face it, the most likely reason to get stressed is on a game thats ludacrisly hard, like ninja gaidan. I have a box full of smashed controllers :p

Dave,
15-03-2005, 08:49 PM
Stress is a mental state of mind, learn to block it out.

GommeInc
15-03-2005, 09:08 PM
As a famous psycholigist says 'What you gotta do, just keep swmming, just keep swimming, just keep swimming.'

I follow her every will

Seacat
15-03-2005, 09:19 PM
I don't get stressed so can't help :(

Pulchritudinous
15-03-2005, 09:31 PM
Grit your teeth? I do that, and usually clench my fists or throw something, if your not good at controlling yourself, punch the wall or something, but if you are, count to 10.

GommeInc
15-03-2005, 09:33 PM
I hit someone over the head with a chair to day as they put it on my lap and pushed down, so I stood up and lifted it up whacked him with it. I think I hit Mentor aswell muahahahahaha, people said I was psychotic :(

Pulchritudinous
15-03-2005, 09:36 PM
Someone did that at our school, he got excluded, because the chair leg hit the boys mouth and the head thought it could of gone down his throat, and killed him.

la-ur-en
15-03-2005, 10:03 PM
Someone did that at our school, he got excluded, because the chair leg hit the boys mouth and the head thought it could of gone down his throat, and killed him.

Wow.. Your head obviously over exaggerates alot.
All you need to do when you are stressed is have a break, don't go throwing things, you will look like a crazy person that just escaped the mental hospital, especially if you start throwing stuff out in public :eusa_eh:....

Pulchritudinous
15-03-2005, 10:04 PM
You do realise that I didn't throw the chair, it was this crazy fat boy.

GommeInc
15-03-2005, 10:07 PM
We have blue plastic chairs and i was holding the legs and hit him with the part your back rests on. So it wouldn't of hurt much

la-ur-en
15-03-2005, 10:08 PM
Yeah, i realised that, i didn't think you were crazy you're usually quite mellow on these forums ;)

Dave,
15-03-2005, 10:10 PM
Yeah, i realised that, i didn't think you were crazy you're usually quite mellow on these forums ;)

Ha look at this thread (http://www.habboxforum.com/showthread.php?t=24512&page=3) I had a go at her because she got mad at a boy hitting her friend in the face when he was putting his bag on.

Pulchritudinous
15-03-2005, 10:12 PM
I'm not that mellow really, I'm mostly quite loud and annoying, when we got a new science teacher last week, he thought I had ADHD.
I was really offended.

GommeInc
15-03-2005, 10:14 PM
One of my friends looked at me when I hit him with the eyes saying 'Calm down you moody cow'

la-ur-en
15-03-2005, 10:15 PM
Wow, that was harsh, am sure the guy didnt mean it...
I take it all back, your crazier than the next person!

GommeInc
15-03-2005, 10:16 PM
Me or some other random stranger?

Pulchritudinous
15-03-2005, 10:17 PM
Thanks, but you can't judge anybody over the internet, so I won't take it personally.

Dave,
15-03-2005, 10:18 PM
Thanks, but you can't judge anybody over the internet, so I won't take it personally.

Actually you can because the real them comes out, personality wise anyway.

la-ur-en
Im lost...
Gommeinc, i wasn't talking about you i was talking about some random stranger...

aimee aka some random stranger, i was being sarcastic!!!!!

GommeInc
I'm not that mellow really, I'm mostly quite loud and annoying, when we got a new science teacher last week, he thought I had ADHD.
I was really offended.
Lol, ADHD, you aren't quiet true but you're not like that!

Pulchritudinous
15-03-2005, 10:21 PM
Well I could be a 40 year old arab..

la-ur-en
15-03-2005, 10:21 PM
I have noticed how we have been going off topic...
Anyway, back to stress...
ADHD, i never noticed that post ha ha, i wouldn't take it offenceivle if i were you, when i went to school, my home echonomics teacher threw a knife past someones face, either she was seriously mental, or was seriously stressed, or both!!!!

Pulchritudinous
16-03-2005, 04:40 PM
Lol, how crazy is that!
My friends didn't like a teacher, so when the teacher joked for someone to pass her a board rubber to throw at them they told the head teacher she threatened them and go her sacked, I thought it was really sad, coz the teacher woz actually well alright.

Butcher11
16-03-2005, 08:42 PM
Well, I only read the first page of posts, but I suffer from sleeplessness, about 3-4 hours a night, and I'm always very stressed, if I ahve time, I'll listen to some hard music, or just sit in a chair and not do anything, always helps.

la-ur-en
16-03-2005, 08:56 PM
Lol, how crazy is that!
My friends didn't like a teacher, so when the teacher joked for someone to pass her a board rubber to throw at them they told the head teacher she threatened them and go her sacked, I thought it was really sad, coz the teacher woz actually well alright.

Your telling me? A year after that i wouldn't go near her.
And i don't like the fact that people would ruin someones career like that, that's just sad!

GommeInc
16-03-2005, 09:05 PM
You sound an awful lot like Mentor, he sleeps about 2-4 hours a night but at the moment he gets sleep because his internet is down.

partie2
17-03-2005, 06:52 PM
Some good ideas There to de-stress.

Ciaran
19-03-2005, 10:41 AM
Nah stress is easily got rid of, go out with your mates and have a good time

Vause
19-03-2005, 10:49 AM
I always get stressed lol

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!