29-10-2006, 08:56 PM
http://img165.imageshack.us/img165/8376/preview1io6.gif - Blank Preview

http://img327.imageshack.us/my.php?image=ickcopygb8.png - .PNG Version

http://img168.imageshack.us/img168/4194/preview2vy3.gif - Another Preview

Paypal, Habbo, or Runescape

PM or post any offers or comments on the layout

ebay
29-10-2006, 10:01 PM
its a bit too dark and dull for me, spice it up a bit with lighter, more vibrant colours

sam iz da buz
30-10-2006, 12:35 PM
It's a pretty good layout,just as said above is really dark-I like it apart from colours though

+rep

D351royer
30-10-2006, 12:47 PM
It's a pretty good layout,just as said above is really dark-I like it apart from colours though

+rep

Colours are what make a layout so how can you say its a good layout but don't like the colours itll just be any old layout with colours.

Lycan
30-10-2006, 12:48 PM
because the colours cold be good but the person might not like the layout of content boxes etc etc

D351royer
30-10-2006, 12:49 PM
What i'm saying is a layout is just boxes, so if a person puts darker colours to the layout the creator obviously meant it to be like that to suite the layout.

sam iz da buz
30-10-2006, 12:51 PM
Colours are what make a layout so how can you say its a good layout but don't like the colours itll just be any old layout with colours.

I'm saying I like the arangement of the layout, but the black puts me off

craigg.
30-10-2006, 12:59 PM
It's a hard one, because at the top, it's ace, then when you work your way down, it just gets worse and worse.

You need a bit of colour in there, I know I say this alot, but you honestly do. If you don't put colour in, you need images to make the viewer interested in your website and read what it has to say. I'm begining to go sour on these grunge type layouts as they are too bland and try to be what they are not supposed to be. I mean, some grunge templates are pretty nice, but some are just a waste of space.

You need to do research, no one ever does research on here, bar a few people. I don't know how many times I've told people to research first, but they never listen. Always do your homework, you don't get paid thousands for sitting down and thinking "ill just add that there, a bit there.." it's all about coordination, and how the viewers will read things.

You might think website development is an easy route to money, think again. You need time and effort to perfect things, always changing, adding, editing..

Anyway, back to the layout, It's far too bland for my liking, although I like the top part, then it just fades effort further down. Personally, if the website had content, I would not read it. It's an excellent attempt, but I can't really C+C much as there is nothing to C+C on. It's one of those things where you would need to redo to make it look to a decent standard.

I like people that take information on board and learn, as did Joe, so please take my advice and use it wisely. Great attempt, ill +rep if possible.

Kymux
30-10-2006, 01:47 PM
The content is miniscule?

redtom
30-10-2006, 02:07 PM
Colours are what make a layout so how can you say it’s a good layout but don't like the colours itll just be any old layout with colours.

Colours are not just what make a layout allot more is involved

You need to do research

I research before every layout I make, I spend more time researching then I do actually making the layout its self half the time

The content is miniscule?

Mainly as I made it for a site where people would upload videos and add a little comment on the video, there wasn’t going to be much content on the site

Also I've made a lighter version of the layout, but I can't upload it on to the web at the minute, as the laptop I used to make the layout can’t connect to the internet at the min and I don't have a memory stick with me to transfer it from one laptop to another

Jargit
30-10-2006, 02:16 PM
+REP :D i love it

dark-as-death
30-10-2006, 02:17 PM
+REP :D i love it

i agree, its actually really, really cool.

+ rep =]

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!