PDA

View Full Version : Habboxlive ripped my alt

Nightrose
30-10-2006, 08:59 PM
Okay im annoyed and about to take copy right action agaist habboxlive if they do not sort this out as they have ripped a alt of mine that was copyright protected

Its the alt of the girl on the dj decks in the banner,

do you think its right that haboox rip peoples alts and say its their own?

also dont banned because of this cause its true.

as i still have my habbo website layout meaning that it is still in the layout :eusa_danc

EternalMasque (Super Moderator) Moved from discuss anything, please post in the correct forum :)

Adam$
30-10-2006, 09:02 PM
If you have proof that you actually made it, you could probably get it taken off.

Nightrose
30-10-2006, 09:04 PM
i do i have it in my old habbo website and itys got copyright on it :D plus i have it to the original size etc

-Wolverine
30-10-2006, 09:04 PM
Okay im annoyed and about to take copy right action agaist habboxlive if they do not sort this out as they have ripped a alt of mine that was copyright protected

Its the alt of the girl on the dj decks in the banner,

do you think its right that haboox rip peoples alts and say its their own?

also dont banned because of this cause its true.

as i still have my habbo website layout meaning that it is still in the layout :eusa_danc
Show us your proof please. :)

Uwe
30-10-2006, 09:05 PM
It was on the HabboHotel homepage when the Rasmus came to visit [I think :$]

Nightrose
30-10-2006, 09:07 PM
Show us your proof please. :)

Lol kk i will :) but yeah my hosting is hopefullysorting it out as they have all the files etc :o and the orginal one of it also if u look at the hair there are errors that not many people would notice apart from me because iknow they are there :$

uber
30-10-2006, 09:07 PM
It was on the HabboHotel homepage when the Rasmus came to visit [I think :$]

I thought I'd seen it on the homepage too...

Nightrose
30-10-2006, 09:13 PM
Hmm so maybe now habbo may of taken it but its kinda werid cause it has actually the same errrors i made and if habbo made it there wouldnt be any also i think that wsomeone must have save it from my old website which was

www.habbo-radio.co.uk

im getting my hosting and copywrite to try and sort it out :)

Uwe
30-10-2006, 09:15 PM
ooh, you mean the girl?
that is acctually from RadioHabbo.co.uk / radiohabbo.com [cant remeber which] which used to be habboxRadio.com

Mr.Sam
30-10-2006, 09:20 PM
also those pixel errors on the hair are from where it is merged with the back ground. :rolleyes:

if it's copyrighted you should have a copy of the legal document..

nets
30-10-2006, 09:43 PM
also those pixel errors on the hair are from where it is merged with the back ground. :rolleyes:

if it's copyrighted you should have a copy of the legal document..
In British law as soon as someone's original work is in physical form, it's automatically under copyright. Although, I'm pretty sure you cannot sue over it seeing as it's just Sulake's copyrighted images edited slightly.

I cannot assure you that any of this information's correct though.

Misawa
30-10-2006, 11:09 PM
A. I'm pretty sure no one has stolen your alteration.

B. I'm pretty sure you need to ask for proper copyrights and actually purchase them. Legally binding ones anyway.

Uber-Jason
30-10-2006, 11:51 PM
u cant make something and say u own the copyright, u have to nbuy copyright rights

Misawa
31-10-2006, 02:28 PM
Exactly. Everyone has to contact a legal commission to get their creations patented. If it isn't legal then anyone can take your work and do it themselves.

paul♥
31-10-2006, 02:37 PM
PM Sierk.

Uber-Jason
31-10-2006, 04:12 PM
basically u dont have copyright

paul♥
31-10-2006, 04:17 PM
basically u dont have copyright

That don't make it right for habbox to twock his alt though, it might give use a bad name..

---MAD---
31-10-2006, 04:24 PM
Habboxlive server is currently down (Great :(), so I can't even check which picture your referring to.

--ss--
31-10-2006, 04:25 PM
habboxlive doenst laod for me :s someone post a copy of it

Uber-Jason
31-10-2006, 04:26 PM
yeah they should have asked but legally there did nothing wrong

Adzeh
31-10-2006, 07:32 PM
Erm, please give me some proof, with exact creation dates and file information.

Until then, the banner stays thanks.

myke
31-10-2006, 07:37 PM
A. I'm pretty sure no one has stolen your alteration.

B. I'm pretty sure you need to ask for proper copyrights and actually purchase them. Legally binding ones anyway.

B. You're incorrect, you do not have to purchase copyright check out the human rights thingy on the governments site however you have to buy a TM mark ;] Copyright is free.

brandon
31-10-2006, 07:55 PM
Most of you are saying oh if you don't have copyright on it you can't do anything, well on Habboxforum if you 'rip an alt' you get it removed and infractioned so they should do that if it is the case anyway.

warn
31-10-2006, 08:09 PM
I study copyrite law and business law and heres an extract for you.

The 1988 Copyright, Designs and Patents Act

Acts that are allowed
Fair dealing is a term used to describe acts which are permitted to a certain degree without infringing the work, these acts are:

Private and research study purposes.
Performance, copies or lending for educational purposes.
Criticism and news reporting.
Incidental inclusion.So lets say you are right and they have put it on without paying any due attention to your work, this would fall under incidental inclusion as they haven't dont anything dishonestly, for example, they havent asked you for permission to use it, and you denied, so they turned round and said 'sod you, we will use it anway.

People where unsure about how you get copyrite ...

When rights occur Copyright is an automatic right and arises whenever an individual or company creates a work. To qualify, a work should be regarded as original, and exhibits a degree of labour, skill or judgement

However an alteration would certainly NOT be classed as this and thats a definite answer and not just a judgement.

So you hold no copyrite, infact Sulake could persue you for breaching their copyrite which is completely solid and have you repremanded for using their imagery without permission.

[It is an offence to perform any of the following acts without the consent of the owner:
Adapt the work.] The 1988 Copyright, Designs and Patents Act

Hope that helps.

Want to question anything just PM or take a look at the act itself.
http://www.opsi.gov.uk/acts/acts1988/Ukpga_19880048_en_1.htm

Uber-Jason
01-11-2006, 09:30 PM
Erm, please give me some proof, with exact creation dates and file information.

Until then, the banner stays thanks.

and you got told

Sect
02-11-2006, 10:59 AM

Its the alt of the girl on the dj decks in the banner

Well just looking at the banner below at least 90% of that would be copyrighted to habbo hotel. the graphic equalizer thing was ripped from an old radio site and I am pretty sure the speakers are from another alt not that i would own up to them.
The conclusion is you should remove the image from you so called site for stealing everything from other sources. WELL DONE :eusa_clap

http://habboxlive.com/v3/images/index_143.PNG

nets
06-11-2006, 04:41 PM
i study copyrite law
You specifically study copyright law, yet you're unable to correctly spell "copyright"?

Dotals
06-11-2006, 05:12 PM
It was on the habbo homepage so how did you rip it?

And is it the banner? Its only a banner and its not habbox's fault, BOGD4N made that banner, idiotic girl.

scubadiva
06-11-2006, 05:16 PM
It says on the Habbo homepage that Sulake allows you to use and alterate their images, so they can't sue you for using their images because it specifically states that you can

You specifically study copyright law, yet you're unable to correctly spell "copyright"?

Lol!

Hmm so maybe now habbo may of taken it but its kinda werid cause it has actually the same errrors i made and if habbo made it there wouldnt be any also i think that wsomeone must have save it from my old website which was

www.habbo-radio.co.uk

im getting my hosting and copywrite to try and sort it out

There are errors on the Hotel View, and on the Rares section of the catalogue :rolleyes:

2hd.
06-11-2006, 05:22 PM
Sulake own all copyright of alts and any habbo image. Sorry, you have no foot to stand on.

Wootzeh
06-11-2006, 06:23 PM
So long as you have created a work that qualifies for copyright protection, that is it falls into one of the categories of material protected by copyright, you will have copyright protection without having to do anything to establish this. It is a requirement of various international conventions on copyright that copyright should be automatic with no need to register.

To help protect your copyright work, it is advisable to mark it with the © symbol, the name of the copyright owner and the year of publication. Although this is not essential, it will let others know when the term of protection started and hence whether it is still covered by copyright, and indicate who to approach should they need to ask permission to use the work.

Prove you made the alt, although Habbo owns all rights to the image.

vibrant
06-11-2006, 06:25 PM
Lmao shame?

No proof m8.

Adzeh
07-11-2006, 06:11 PM
Well the banner has been replaced now anyway, although I might add that this thread did not have any effect on the decision.

The graphics designers were eager to do some work for us and iDrops has designed us a fantastic new banner. Please do not think that you have "won" in anyway, just because we have changed the banner.

So erm, thread closed?

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!