PDA

View Full Version : Wii Graphics

Homesrfan
31-10-2006, 11:14 PM
How good are the graphics going to be on this?
I am dying to get my hands on a Wii! Nintendo really has something here.. but I'm wondering... how good are the graphics.
I have seen many games screenshots and the graphics really don't look that great tbh. I'm not huge on graphics... as long as they're not really outdated, but where would you say the graphics are?
Are they just about the same as Gamecubes? A little better? the same as PS2's or XBox's?

Revivalry
01-11-2006, 01:46 AM
Well i can answer this question in detail as i have a Wii with one of the greatest games of all time on it! Legend of Zelda: Twilight princess.
The graphics are reasonable, not too good, not too naff.. It's really suitable though because it's not Nintendo's quality that makes it what it is.. It's everything they produce is class, cheap, easy and enjoyable

SimplyTech
01-11-2006, 09:46 AM
Well i can answer this question in detail as i have a Wii with one of the greatest games of all time on it! Legend of Zelda: Twilight princess.
The graphics are reasonable, not too good, not too naff.. It's really suitable though because it's not Nintendo's quality that makes it what it is.. It's everything they produce is class, cheap, easy and enjoyable
ROFL NO YOU DONT
wiis graphics are good kind of in between the xbox and 360 but its not graphics that makes it great.

:LeKevin:
01-11-2006, 10:10 AM
Well i can answer this question in detail as i have a Wii

I lol'd at your sillyness.

From the screenshots I've seen - The graphics are pretty good - As you said graphics aren't everything :P!

ProAlts
01-11-2006, 01:34 PM
graphics r a big part tho

if there was fifa 2007 on xbox and xbox 360 you would buy it on the 360 obviously

sl4rt
01-11-2006, 07:47 PM
Not if you didnt have a 360.... :p

Homesrfan
01-11-2006, 09:24 PM
graphics r a big part tho

if there was fifa 2007 on xbox and xbox 360 you would buy it on the 360 obviously
well duh... but that's not the point. I don't base consoles soley on graphics, although that is a major thing. Gameplay is also huge. Wii's gameplay looks amazing. Especially when they introduce Wii Online. It's gonna be sweet!

womanizer
01-11-2006, 10:26 PM
Does anyone know when Trauma Center comes out for the Wii?

Homesrfan
01-11-2006, 11:35 PM
Does anyone know when Trauma Center comes out for the Wii?
Not exactly 100% sure.. but I think on Wii's launch date.

womanizer
02-11-2006, 12:52 PM
The only reason I want the Wii is for Trauma center : second opinion

Wayne
02-11-2006, 05:12 PM
I am getting a wii, and the graphics look great in my opinon. Here is a screenshot I found for Red Steel.
http://www.vidaextra.com/archivos/images/redsteelwii5.jpg

SimplyTech
02-11-2006, 05:20 PM
I am getting a wii, and the graphics look great in my opinon. Here is a screenshot I found for Red Steel.
http://www.vidaextra.com/archivos/images/redsteelwii5.jpg
They arent as bad as most people think but they cant really compare to the ps3 but the thing is graphics arent want nintendo are about i mean my favirote consoles still the n64

PriceTags
02-11-2006, 05:25 PM
Well the Wii is a cheaper console, £180 compared to the £425 you'd be paying for a PS3 (which I SHALN'T be buying).
For £425 you get aparrently very good graphics and a DVD player (I think), but for your £180, you're getting innovation and imagination. Decent graphics but no DVD player. If you're looking for a good, cheap console with a wide range of games (Gamecube + Virtual console!), you should get a Wii. If you have the £500 to get a PS3 and a game, you go get it girl.

SimplyTech
02-11-2006, 05:27 PM
Well the Wii is a cheaper console, £180 compared to the £425 you'd be paying for a PS3 (which I SHALN'T be buying).
For £425 you get aparrently very good graphics and a DVD player (I think), but for your £180, you're getting innovation and imagination. Decent graphics but no DVD player. If you're looking for a good, cheap console with a wide range of games (Gamecube + Virtual console!), you should get a Wii. If you have the £500 to get a PS3 and a game, you go get it girl.
I have over £500 but id rather get a wii and 10-12 games than a ps3 and 1

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!