PDA

View Full Version : Behind The Scenes November

Dan
01-11-2006, 10:34 AM
Welcome to November's Behind the Scenes article!
First to be released this month, we have Enlightened Journey. Rumours from Entrana suggest that one of the monks has an even greater desire to rise to the heavens than the others. In fact, his desire is so great that he is planning to make a hot air balloon! An experiment like that will need the expert help of an adventurer, so later this month don't be surprised if you get invited to join Auguste on a trip across the world.

Watch out for trouble from the locals and a unique puzzle to tax your brain. For those who can keep their heads above the clouds, a rather nice reward awaits...

We're also updating the website with a plethora of new area guides! About 20 new guides in total will be launched including the Void Knight Outpost, Brimhaven dungeon, Isafdar and the TzHaar City. Along with this we will also be launching a new set of wallpapers, another popular gallery page (for which the Postie is eternally grateful) and, of course, a new set of readers' letters.

After that little lot, we'll be giving you something we know all our members will be happy about: More bank space! We will be adding another three rows to the bank so you can store even more - erm - stuff! Hopefully, many of you are also using the new costume room (released last month) to store your costumes in, so you'll find you've got even more room to keep all of your gear.

Now, we know what you're thinking: “What on RuneScape can I do with all that new bank space?”
Well, how about we release lots of new equipment and objects for you to store, and perhaps even use with a shiny new skill? Yes, towards the end of the month we will be releasing the Hunter skill.

This new addition to the RuneScape skill list gives the player the opportunity to track, net, trap and generally scare the fur right off a brand new range of creatures! Hundreds of new objects and large areas of the map will now be opened up to you to explore and lay in wait for these pesky varmints. Rewards range from brand new weapons and armour all the way to your own imp in a box.

Speaking of imps, they are due to go "under the knife" this month, along with spiders and sheep. These three beasties have somehow barged their way to the front of the queue and will be receiving the full treatment from the Makeover Mage and his (or her) team of surgeons. Naturally, this means all of the spiders will be getting a new look, so be prepared for some rather scary legs to be creeping round a forest / jungle / ice plateau / cavern near you.

And finally this month, we release our second quest: Eagles' Peak. This exciting update is focused around the Hunter skill again, inviting the player to learn more about the mysterious disappearance of one of Ardougne Zoo's freelance specimen hunters. After promising them the delivery of a rare ferret the poor chap set out to the far western reaches, somewhere between the Piscatoris Fishing Colony and the Tree Gnome Stronghold. Something strange must have happened to him, though, as he has been missing for days! Will you be able to use your new-found skills to track him down?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Don’t forget: The Halloween update will be taken down on the 13th of November, so don't delay - get your pumpkin hats today!

amagawd new skill :D

/Rossco\
01-11-2006, 10:42 AM
cool, as soon as it comes out i'm onto it to try be top 100 for a while :p

micky.blue.eyes
01-11-2006, 10:42 AM
amagawd new skill :D

Arg! I was about to post that!!
The new skill better be good, don't feel like spending ages to get it up like farming.
Hunter skill, sounds like slayer. =/ We better don't have to kill chompies. o.O

OMG!!! MORE BANK SPACE!!! 3 MORE ROWS!

/Rossco\
01-11-2006, 10:48 AM
Arg! I was about to post that!!
The new skill better be good, don't feel like spending ages to get it up like farming.

lol yeh, i farm while i alch, so that not standing there doing nothing

Dan
01-11-2006, 10:59 AM
Hehe beat you :P the bank space will be very handy [altho i dont need it atm] and the new skill sounds fun :D i want a imp in a box!!

:Jamie
01-11-2006, 11:30 AM
New skill sounds cool

Sentrax
01-11-2006, 12:11 PM
Yeah I think everyone's looking forward to the new skill, by the sounds of it I think it's nothing to do with killing certain monsters. Maybe setting traps in trees, or bear traps and stuff?
Sounds ace though, can't wait!

Mr.Sam
01-11-2006, 12:13 PM
new skill sounds cool :)

setting traps to lure people into in wildy :D
in guildwars they have traps intregater with the ranger skill set, so maybe in rune there will be a link aswell?

a think a imp in a box maybe the 99 emote for it?

Sentrax
01-11-2006, 12:21 PM
a think a imp in a box maybe the 99 emote for it?

Good a guess as any, sounds like it'll be something like that. Or maybe one of those things where a guys foot gets trapped in a rope from a tree.
Congrats in advance to whoever gets 99 first. =P

/Rossco\
01-11-2006, 12:26 PM
Good a guess as any, sounds like it'll be something like that. Or maybe one of those things where a guys foot gets trapped in a rope from a tree.
Congrats in advance to whoever gets 99 first. =P

make ti a habboxforum person :p go dan lol

From First To Last
01-11-2006, 12:51 PM
no doubt hunting will be just like slayer with normal animals :S

Dan
01-11-2006, 01:04 PM
make ti a habboxforum person :p go dan lol

LOL i aint goin for 99 i aint insane! ill just riase it to a reasonable level to raise my total level :P

Royal
01-11-2006, 01:17 PM
New skill sounds awesome! I can't wait. Thanks legoman, for sharing it with us.

Dotals
01-11-2006, 01:36 PM
I aint read it yet, but will do.

I hope the skill aint like con.

micky.blue.eyes
01-11-2006, 01:49 PM
I aint read it yet, but will do.

I hope the skill aint like con.

I hope it is! Only not as expensive. Con is so easy to train. :P

/Rossco\
01-11-2006, 01:51 PM
I hope it is! Only not as expensive. Con is so easy to train. :P

i still dont havea clue what to do, lvl 1 con :p

Dotals
01-11-2006, 01:53 PM
i still dont havea clue what to do, lvl 1 con :p

All I know is u can hire like a maid and you give her oaks and she goes and gets u planks if u pay her, then u use a saw with the planks and u can make stuff.

---MAD---
01-11-2006, 02:00 PM
no doubt hunting will be just like slayer with normal animals :S
I think that too.

Seems fun though. I dont see how jagex will make it non-combat/range type as runescape is not the type of game that uses lots of actions in skills.

Dan
01-11-2006, 02:03 PM
I think that too.

Seems fun though. I dont see how jagex will make it non-combat/range type as runescape is not the type of game that uses lots of actions in skills.

*Traps mad* hes like mine now :D Im not sure if all of it will involve combat they gotta give the levels 3 skill pures some chance of leveling even if it is like 100xp a hour!

micky.blue.eyes
01-11-2006, 02:24 PM
I bet it's like compy bird hunting, you have to set a trap (toads) and wait till the creature comes (the higher the level creature, the longer it takes, or the less chance of it coming) and kill it with some special equipment, hence why they gace us 3 extra bank rows.
So it'll be long and boring. :(

Chickenblob
01-11-2006, 04:19 PM
Can they even fit anymore skills on the stats
its nearly full..

Kriq
01-11-2006, 04:21 PM
Can they even fit anymore skills on the stats
its nearly full..
Might make it a scroll down menu.

Matty
01-11-2006, 04:38 PM
Ooo is it f2p or p2p?

Mr.Sam
01-11-2006, 04:42 PM
Ooo is it f2p or p2p?

it'll be p2p, f2p will hardly get updated because it's like a demo so to speak, your restricted to how far you can progress so you buy members and they make money :)

IGlooscap
01-11-2006, 05:29 PM
Im gonna beat you all at the skill.. :)

Well, maybe 1 or 2 of you :D

Charles
01-11-2006, 06:34 PM
Ugh! 'Hunting'- how lame? We'll probably have another price crash if there are makeable items. NOT looking forward to the new skill.

The Don
01-11-2006, 07:35 PM
Its says something about pet imps in a box?

shenk.
01-11-2006, 07:37 PM
Its says something about pet imps in a box?

Yay - i want an imp in a box ;D ill feed it to one of my cats/fish lol

The Don
01-11-2006, 07:40 PM
lol. whens the skill coming i forgot.

shenk.
01-11-2006, 07:41 PM
lol. whens the skill coming i forgot.

November? Lmao.... =]

Ashley 12344
01-11-2006, 07:47 PM
End of this month.

Shouldn't be too bad.

I hope it doesn't cost a bomb like construction, or take forever like farming though.

shenk.
01-11-2006, 07:51 PM
End of this month.

Shouldn't be too bad.

I hope it doesn't cost a bomb like construction, or take forever like farming though.

i think it'll be like farming.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!