PDA

View Full Version : Moderators.

From First To Last
01-11-2006, 06:17 PM
I am afraid the say that the moderators at this moment of time are rubbish. Before this whole "infraction system" they were never like this. they are power hungry and give infractions for stupid things. Since when does noob and fool get you an infraction. Quite frankly i think whoever thought up the stupid "infraction system" deserves a couple of em.

These Are the most harsh, worst moderators ive ever seen. Habbox forum isnt fun anymore. Lemme guess, for posting my opinion im going to get banned now aren't I. For god sake.

-Freak AKA Alex

Wayne. (Forum Administrator) Thread closed to prevent further arguing.

Nixt
01-11-2006, 06:23 PM
I think you will find, the only difference is, that you couldn't see usernotes and you can now see infractions; it appears people don't like this...

tortellini
01-11-2006, 06:24 PM
infractions are better then user notes.
you can see what you got in trouble for, and if its unfair, then appeal it.
not that hard.

From First To Last
01-11-2006, 06:24 PM
I'l tell you what people dont like mate, its this whole rubbish system is what.

clarissa !!
01-11-2006, 06:25 PM
nah, you wont get banned for posting your opinion.

From First To Last
01-11-2006, 06:28 PM
I just got an infraction For saying to another member on the runescape section, you might get an infraction for selling accounts, THIS IS JUST ONE EXAMPLE OF POWER HUNTING MODERATORS THAT THE ORIGINAL ONES HAVE EVOLVED INTO. Why should we not be aloud to say that. STUPID SYSTEM RUINING THIS WHOLE FORUM

DJ Dut Chat
01-11-2006, 06:30 PM
nfractions are a good system.

its what makes ppl think twice about spamming and swearing.

Nixt
01-11-2006, 06:30 PM
I'l tell you what people dont like mate, its this whole rubbish system is what.

They say they don't like the system, but like I said, the reason they don't like it is because they know every time they receive an infraction. The same thing would happen with usernotes, except you couldn't see them.

In fact, infractions are better for a couple of reasons -

You can see them, so if you think one is unfair, you can appeal.
There is the warning option, which doesn't affect your infraction count, whereas before you would simply receive a usernote which contributed to the total number of usernotes.
Oh and, at your most recent post:
C6. Do NOT comment on others breaking the Forum rules - Only Administrators and Moderators are allowed to deal with posts breaking the forum rules and only by editing the post in question. Do not post a message in which you tell another forum member they have broken the forum rules. Don't post a message in which you ask for another forum member to get banned or unbanned. If you think there has been a rule broken, click on the "Report Bad Post" icon at the top right of that post and explain the problem. If your problem is not about one particular post, you can also PM (private message) a Super Moderator with a brief description and some details of the problem (add a link if possible) then he/she will look into it.

I admit there should be some sort of warning for this... but it's not allowed.

From First To Last
01-11-2006, 06:32 PM
Oh 2 reasons i can think of a hundred reasons why they are rubbish. FOR GOD SAKE im so angry at this rubbish system and anyone who enforces it. Habboforum and others are so much better than this rubbish.

tortellini
nfractions are a good system.

its what makes ppl think twice about spamming and swearing.not rli.

tortellini
Oh 2 reasons i can think of a hundred reasons why they are rubbish. FOR GOD SAKE im so angry at this rubbish system and anyone who enforces it. Habboforum and others are so much better than this rubbish.
then go there.

Xuzuno (Forum Moderator) - Please don't double post.

Nixt
01-11-2006, 06:33 PM

You will have to state the reasons - otherwise nothing can be done about them :)

From First To Last
01-11-2006, 06:34 PM
I will. I know 6 people who have already left the rubbish thing that this forum has become to there.

tortellini
01-11-2006, 06:35 PM
I will. I know 6 people who have already left the rubbish thing that this forum has become to there.then leave.
the whole forum isnt going to change for you.

Nixt
01-11-2006, 06:36 PM
then leave.
the whole forum isnt going to change for you.

Neither is a system which works perfectly well :D

Pelfe
01-11-2006, 06:36 PM
New Forum Mod ;] I dont count in this thanks, coz I haven't given any infractions yet? :S

From First To Last
01-11-2006, 06:37 PM
Infractions are making moderators power hungry
if already cautioned you cant complain about infractions
when cautioned i have been given so many more than i was before, for reasons far less worse than before, mainly because i cant appeal
Lots of people have left to habboforum and others because of them
habbox isnt any fun any more. you cant even call someone a noob
i was messing around with my friend and called him a lousy bum and got infraction, which i cant appeal against

Plank
01-11-2006, 06:37 PM
imo every forum that i have been on works fine and they dont have an infraction system.. + they are much funner

From First To Last
01-11-2006, 06:38 PM
Habbox was perfectly fine, just the odd rule breaker which is what you get now, i dont see why they changed to this rubbish.

Plank
01-11-2006, 06:40 PM
also mods are like 'this system works well and is great' but they are the ones that don't suffer from getting infractions because they cant get them.

Nixt
01-11-2006, 06:42 PM
also mods are like 'this system works well and is great' but they are the ones that don't suffer from getting infractions because they cant get them.

We can, actually - from Seacat, sierk and 8Freak8. Moderators don't break rules, otherwise they wouldn't be Moderators.

I have no infractions, and I know a few people who have been on here for years who also do not have infractions.

From First To Last
01-11-2006, 06:42 PM
just then on runescape forum, a mod posted off topic, i dont see them getin a dam infraction. but now i got one for telling em they should of

tortellini
01-11-2006, 06:44 PM
also mods are like 'this system works well and is great' but they are the ones that don't suffer from getting infractions because they cant get them.yeah they can lol.

From First To Last
01-11-2006, 06:45 PM
wait, sorry for double posting if i did, but i cant edit, but is it you who made this system nixt, IS IT YOU WHO RUINED THE WHOLE FORUM?

Plank
01-11-2006, 06:48 PM
This system is way over the top anyway, if you go on any other forum they dont have an infraction system and they work fine. Staff can say how perfect the system is but its only there to make moderators jobs easy and its there to make normal members time on the forum hard and less fun.

Nixt
01-11-2006, 06:50 PM
Infractions are making moderators power hungry

No, as I have already explained - you can see the infractions you are given and you therefore you think you got more than when the usernote system was used. Now you can see them, you think Moderators are power hungry because you have so much :).

if already cautioned you cant complain about infractions

Indeed that is a problem. I am sure that when you return from the Caution you can appeal them though. Also, before you say, "what if I am banned due to those unfair infractions"; you can use the contact us form, explain why the infractions were unfair, and the ban will get lifted if there were enough infractions that were not justified.

when cautioned i have been given so many more than i was before, for reasons far less worse than before, mainly because i cant appeal

A caution doesn't mean you are immune from infractions, in fact, a Moderator should keep an extra special eye on you too make sure you do not continue to break rules.
Moderators do not just give out infractions because you can't appeal. If you think they do, I suggest you PM Seacat, 8Freak8 or sierk, as that is misconduct. (When your caution ends of course).

Lots of people have left to habboforum and others because of them

That's their choice :)! It is their choice to leave, and a system that works perfectly well will not be removed because of a few people who apparently can't "do the time for their crime" as it were.

habbox isnt any fun any more. you cant even call someone a noob

That's your opinion, which of course, you are entitled to :). In my opinion, Habbox is great fun.
As for the "noob" part, it all depends on what context you use the word - it is often said as a way of offending others; so no, it's not allowed.

i was messing around with my friend and called him a lousy bum and got infraction, which i cant appeal against

As I have said, there is nothing that can be done about that - you will have to wait until the caution is lifted.

And no, it wasn't me that made the infraction system - it was part of a vBulletin upgrade I believe, commendations to whoever did though!

English
01-11-2006, 06:51 PM
and I know a few people who have been on here for years who also do not have infractions.

Infractions were introduced recently therefore it doesn't really matter if they been on here for years cos infractions weren't on this forum then.

From First To Last
01-11-2006, 06:52 PM
Exactly. Mods hardly give warnings any more. so lazy. just click one button and paste the link of where the "incident", may it be calling someone a noob or a spelling mistake, and then you have an infraction. well im not meant to mention any names but, who cares! mickey.blue.eyes is the worst moderator ive ever seen. 2 infractions for calling someone noob. 1 for accidently double posting for lag and 1 for saying to someone they can get an infraction if they do something. For god sake

Plank
01-11-2006, 06:53 PM
This system is way over the top anyway, if you go on any other forum they dont have an infraction system and they work fine. Staff can say how perfect the system is but its only there to make moderators jobs easy and its there to make normal members time on the forum hard and less fun.
^^ incase you missed what i said there

plus, nixt shouldnt you get an infraction for double posting? lots of other ppl get infractions for accidently double posting

From First To Last
01-11-2006, 06:54 PM
oh look nixt you double posted. thats an infraction.

Nixt
01-11-2006, 06:55 PM
Infractions were introduced recently therefore it doesn't really matter if they been on here for years cos infractions weren't on this forum then.

From when infractions were introduced then - there are alot of people who have no infractions or just one or two :)

tortellini
01-11-2006, 06:56 PM
Exactly. Mods hardly give warnings any more. so lazy. just click one button and paste the link of where the "incident", may it be calling someone a noob or a spelling mistake, and then you have an infraction. well im not meant to mention any names but, who cares! mickey.blue.eyes is the worst moderator ive ever seen. 2 infractions for calling someone noob. 1 for accidently double posting for lag and 1 for saying to someone they can get an infraction if they do something. For god sakethey are in the rulebook. read it sometime.

Plank
01-11-2006, 06:57 PM
will do

+ i got like 3 infractions for posting off topic when basically the whole thread was off topic anyway.. thats how over the top it is... 1 infraction wud do

From First To Last
01-11-2006, 06:57 PM
Oh is this copy and paste line :"Feel free to complain to Seacat/8Freak8/sierk though if you are that worried" your reply to everthing that you cant deal with? ive gotten about 4 infractions for double posing accidently because of lag. why dont you think about that. Oh lemme guess what youre gonna say:

"Feel free to complain to Seacat/8Freak8/sierk though if you are that worried"

tortellini
01-11-2006, 07:00 PM
will do

+ i got like 3 infractions for posting off topic when basically the whole thread was off topic anyway.. thats how over the top it is... 1 infraction wud do1 infraction per post, and im sure everyone else in the thread that posted off topic got a infraction too.

everyone just shut up and stop complaining, if you dont want an infraction, dont break the rules.
and if you break them, dont complain.

Plank
01-11-2006, 07:00 PM
maybe its not the infraction system that needs to be gone. it could be some of the rules that are just silly..

tortellini
01-11-2006, 07:01 PM
maybe its not the infraction system that needs to be gone. it could be some of the rules that are just silly..not really any of them are silly.

From First To Last
01-11-2006, 07:02 PM
maybe its the not up to standard admins(like mickey.blue.eyes) that are the things that should be gone. Anyway ill be back later to continue arguing

Plank
01-11-2006, 07:03 PM
not really any of them are silly.
well yeah... even at school you have more freedom than on this forum.... there are like, how many rules on here? too many...
its not like the forums official or anything, who cares if people swear? people do it in real life all the time...

Nixt
01-11-2006, 07:04 PM
well yeah... even at school you have more freedom than on this forum.... there are like, how many rules on here? too many...
its not like the forums official or anything, who cares if people swear? people do it in real life all the time...

You may not know it, but there may be a few people on the Forum who get offended by people swearing :) - as do their parents most likely.

We may not be official, but we are still a fansite, and we therefore follow the fansite way.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!