PDA

View Full Version : New hunter skill.

James.Easy
01-11-2006, 07:30 PM
I think the new skill is just a better slayer ? Then agian hunting is non-combat ? What do you guys think.

shenk.
01-11-2006, 07:34 PM
Yes but slayer is/was crap this sounds really good so good on them...

cant wait to see the new skill put into the skill baord thingy. lol...

The Don
01-11-2006, 07:39 PM
I hope its not like slayer :S

shenk.
01-11-2006, 07:40 PM
I hope its not like slayer :S

sounds different.... sounds a bit like a farming one though...

like it'll take an hour before an Imp is caught.

Dotals
01-11-2006, 07:46 PM
Was it worth another thread?

Catzsy (Forum Super Moderator) - Please stay on-topic

IGlooscap
01-11-2006, 08:00 PM
Slayers not crap.. :X

beccyyy
01-11-2006, 08:09 PM
what do you do in slayer? my slayer level is still 1 :)

Youheard
01-11-2006, 08:11 PM
It won't be anything like slayer otherwise they wouldn't bring it out? Also slayer is the best skill on runescape without a doubt.

Edit - If any of you were to actually train farming rather than conform with the majority of other people you might enjoy it. How do you know if you like something or not if you've tried it for 2 minutes?

James.Easy
01-11-2006, 08:11 PM
Slay things, and i think hunting will be one of those, wait a hour get 1 exp things...

IGlooscap
01-11-2006, 08:12 PM

You get an assignment, and you kill whatever it is you are told to. You get xp dependant on how much hp the monster has.. Meh, anyway..

http://tip.it/runescape/?page=slayer_guide.htm

Dan
01-11-2006, 08:12 PM

you go to a slayer master they give you an assignment of monsters to kill, you get exp from each one and keep doing tasks to raise the slayer level.

And hunting sounds fun might be able to trap some monsters and have them in your dungeon at your house or something.

IGlooscap
01-11-2006, 08:16 PM
And slayer sounds fun might be bale to trap some monsters and have them in your dungeon at your house or something.

We're not all 73 construction.. Bully. :)

Matty
01-11-2006, 08:42 PM
Hunting chompy birds lol.

lance628
01-11-2006, 08:49 PM
For hunting they mean like putting up rabbit traps with the carrot, the box, and the stick. You catch animals, and...eat them maybe?Or get their fur.

:Jamie
01-11-2006, 09:14 PM
Slayer is an awesome skill the only thing that gave me soemthing worthy to train on. Can't really decide on what hunter skill is..Sounds alright tho

JackBuddy
01-11-2006, 09:42 PM
you go to a slayer master they give you an assignment of monsters to kill, you get exp from each one and keep doing tasks to raise the slayer level.

And slayer sounds fun might be bale to trap some monsters and have them in your dungeon at your house or something.
You took the words from my mouth!

PS2.
01-11-2006, 09:45 PM
I think the new skill is just a better slayer ? Then agian hunting is non-combat ? What do you guys think.

I think Jagex is running out of ideas for new skills.

shenk.
01-11-2006, 10:35 PM

Still havent done Animal-Training ;P

Train beasts lvl 1 rats to lvl 99 dragons

pets attack for you.

ever played UO? it dose work lol.

Dynamical
02-11-2006, 12:54 PM
Still havent done Animal-Training ;P

Train beasts lvl 1 rats to lvl 99 dragons

pets attack for you.

ever played UO? it dose work lol.

Yeah I think an animal training/beast mastery type skill would be cool.
Hunting should be quite good with traps etc as long as it isnt too long waiting around for something.

redtom
02-11-2006, 12:58 PM
I think they should do the sumoning skill even people on private severs have made it, it would't be that hard, and hunting will be rubbish, what would you get out of it? food? theres already fishing

---MAD---
02-11-2006, 01:15 PM
not at all, there will be loads and loads that can be made after hunter however they start to overlap a lot. Like slayer, it overlaps all combat skills as you need to use them for slayer.

Axel
02-11-2006, 04:10 PM
Why set up traps to get food when you can just catch it in the water, aka fishing, or just kill it with your sword?

Evolving
02-11-2006, 07:27 PM
Why set up traps to get food when you can just catch it in the water, aka fishing, or just kill it with your sword?
Maby the food could be better high levels can catch better food ? like heals 16,17 hp at a time?

Maby you could "Hunt" Birds or soem thin that could take 1 item to the bank where ever you are ? Better the level the stronger the bird more it can take back or the heavier the item ?

not the best ideas but still... lol

Sentrax
02-11-2006, 08:35 PM
I think you have to make a trap, then set it. Then wait to catch something.
So if I am right, then that wouldn't be so great. :P

Ekalb
02-11-2006, 09:19 PM
I think It could be cool.
Get some traps, set them up, kill animals. Start with Rabbits and ferrets and move on to bears and demon and dragons.
And you probably get XP and furrs and things that can be worn. Maybe like Dragon horns and stuff. You might also get coins if you are meant to say, get one person 50 Girzzly Bear furrs.
It could go either way.
A few people really want catching a horse and be able to ride it as a possibility in Hunting.
It'll be a skill that rich people won't be able to buy their way to success, hopefully.
They might also release things like camoflauge cloaks and things. To blend in with your surrounding so you can sneak up and kill!

lew!
02-11-2006, 09:25 PM
Yeah, Like a Bonus Clothing. Like the camo already.. But mabye its got leaves on and you can choose to be a bush or tree.. Lol..

I used to be members.. Not anymore ran out a few days ago but when it comes out im gonna buy. Sell my habbo stuff for it. lol

---MAD---
02-11-2006, 09:33 PM
Possibilities and ideas for hunting skill are probably endless as there are many various ways of going into the skill. Could be killing, could be catching, could be searching for new creatures etc etc. I think RS has said though, that it will involve catching and wont be combat related which is quite good. Who knows how this will help our rs adventure lol.

RSTurbo
02-11-2006, 09:37 PM
I hope it's as slow as farming and as annoying as slayer just to annoy many people.

IGlooscap
02-11-2006, 10:03 PM
I hope it's as slow as farming and as annoying as slayer just to annoy many people.

I hope its not, just to annoy you. Why bother posting crap?

RSTurbo
02-11-2006, 10:18 PM
I hope its not, just to annoy you. Why bother posting crap?
If it isn't, people would be getting it to 99 as fast as some did for Con.

Axel
02-11-2006, 10:24 PM
Maby the food could be better high levels can catch better food ? like heals 16,17 hp at a time?

Maby you could "Hunt" Birds or soem thin that could take 1 item to the bank where ever you are ? Better the level the stronger the bird more it can take back or the heavier the item ?

not the best ideas but still... lol

Sharks heal 20?

PS2.
02-11-2006, 11:33 PM
A few people really want catching a horse and be able to ride it as a possibility in Hunting.

I'd Love That! Prancing around the land of RuneScape on your own horse. Quicker and doesn't waste your energy..Only the horses..Who cares about the horse though :P

James.Easy
03-11-2006, 04:46 PM
Summoning would be cool, "you summon a greater demon" on world 80 at lumbridge with all the nw people there getting owned.LOL

Ekalb
03-11-2006, 04:49 PM
I'd Love That! Prancing around the land of RuneScape on your own horse. Quicker and doesn't waste your energy..Only the horses..Who cares about the horse though :P

Yeah, It'd be really cool. I hope one day jagex considers it.
I mean choosing your own breed of horse, having a high hunting level to track it all across runescape until it sleeps then catching it!
Then you should be able to add things like armour to it and use it in battle with special moves for long weapons (Spears, longswords, halberd)
That'd be so sweet!

deagle
03-11-2006, 05:20 PM
I think they should do the sumoning skill even people on private severs have made it, it would't be that hard, and hunting will be rubbish, what would you get out of it? food? theres already fishing

Summoning will just fall under magic. Summoning sounds a lot like final fantasy lol

Imnotpure
04-11-2006, 06:19 PM
Slay things, and i think hunting will be one of those, wait a hour get 1 exp things...

Late but , NO skill is like that. Your jsut assuming it will be like this.

It could be 'your target is in the fremink village destroy it asap?'

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!