PDA

View Full Version : Cooking (and a bit of fishing) Tutorial

lance628
01-11-2006, 10:18 PM
Cooking maybe isn't the most fun skill, but it can bring in good cash for yourself. Cooking is mainly used with fishing which is much harder to lvl up then cooking.

Remember one thing, if you cook on a range, it is less likely that you will burn your food.

(*=members)

-=Lvl 1-10=-
___Kill cows, rats, or chickens for meat and then cook the meat.
Rats-Varrock sewers
Cows-Farm just above Port Sarim
Chickens-Farm just above Port Sarim
___Fish Shrimps at Draynor south east of the bank. Low levels watch out though, wizards will attack.If you don't like it here, you can fish on karamja.

-=Lvl 10-35=-
___*Big net fish Mackeral and Cod in catherby, then cook on the range which is right next to the bank.
___Bait fish Sardine at lvl 5 and Herring at lvl 10 fishing on karamja. Bring wc axe and tinderbox to make fire. Cook fish, and sell to general shop for bit of profit.
___Fly fish trout at lvl 20, Pike at lvl 25, and salmon at lvl 30 fishing in barbarian village. There is a fire in the barbarian meeting room, you can cook it there. You can either place in bank north of barbarian village, or you could eat.

-=Lvl 35-40=-
___Harpoon Tuna on karamja or *catherby. Cook tuna on fire in karamja, and on range next to bank in catherby.

-=Lvl 40-60=-
___Head to karamja or *Catherby and fish lobsters now. Blah Blah wc axe blah blah tinderbox blah blah karamja.(You get the point)Lobsters are one of the vital ways of making money. Fishing lobs give 120 xp per cooked lobster and 90 xp per lobster caught.
___Some people fish swordfish, but I don't reccommend this. You catch too many tuna with swordfish too and it just gets aggrivating. I suggest harpooning fish at this lvl if you want to cook tuna and swordies for the cooking exp. If not, just forget about this.

-=Lvl 60-90=-
___*You should a good amount of cash now from fishing.(Atleast 200k) Now, go onto the fourms and buy 1k raw lobsters for 200k. Wear cooking gauntlets(Do family crest quest, then talk to brother in Catherby) Cook these lobsters and if you cook atleast 4 lobsters for every burnt(5 burnt out of 28) you will make your money back. If you get higher cooking lvls, you wont burn them as easy and make more of a profit
___*If you want to keep getting your fishing lvl up with cooking, I suggest to keep fishing lobsters. Once you are 65 fishing, buy a fishing potion for 3k-4k and go int othe fishing guild. Fish lobbies, bank, and then cook later.
___on-members, keep fishing lobbies at karamja

-=Lvl 90-99=-
___*If you are 90 fishing and 90 cooking, start fishing sharks and cooking them. Not only do you get good exp, but you can get 900-1k per shark(Raw or cooked)
___*Do the same as the lobsters above, but buy raw for 850-900 ea and sell cooked at 1k ea.

Hope you guys enjoy it =)

Thread Closed by -legoman- (Super Moderator) Due to a better guide being made.

Royal
01-11-2006, 10:29 PM
Not a bad tutorial Lance, but it's kind of short. + rep anyways a good effort.

lance628
01-11-2006, 10:30 PM
Theres shorter tutorials :P

+rep back gl on your goal ^^

Dan
01-11-2006, 10:59 PM
Nice, but could do with some pics like where the best places are too cook, things that increase the chance of you burning less like guants and cooks hat etc..

lance628
01-11-2006, 11:03 PM
Yeah, could I make another thread then?

T0M
01-11-2006, 11:05 PM
ok tutorial could be better

Dan
01-11-2006, 11:13 PM
Yeah, could I make another thread then?

Well you could do that and ill close this one up, or i can just edit it if you send me it via pm tis upto u :]

Ezzie.
01-11-2006, 11:16 PM
Include some pictures of fishing spots, split the layout of the words up a bit with the pics to make it not seem like a huge text wall :)

lance628
01-11-2006, 11:20 PM
Kai, close this pl0x, making new thread 0=)

lance628
01-11-2006, 11:22 PM
Sorry double post ;l Delete this post plz

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!