PDA

View Full Version : Domain Registry Of America

reindeer.
03-11-2006, 04:50 PM
What site you registered your domains with? Perhaps there was a tickbox about 3rd parties you missed?

Mentor
03-11-2006, 05:15 PM
There a SCAM, there not actualy anything to do with your domain, but insted a marketing ploy to get people to switch Domain Hosts to there exstortionate prices.

Some info on em:
http://www.nameroute.com/domain-registry-of-america.html

Summery. Ignore the letters.

redtom
03-11-2006, 09:54 PM
Yeah, I got the same letter this morning, was rather confused because I havn't got a domain registered with them O.O

I got it this Morning to

There a SCAM, there not actualy anything to do with your domain, but insted a marketing ploy to get people to switch Domain Hosts to there exstortionate prices.

Thanks for the tip :D

also I started this thread but my starting post is the 3rd post down, is it like that with anyone ells?

redtom
03-11-2006, 11:47 PM
Has any one got letters from the Domain Registry Of America before? I got a letter from them today trying to get me to renew my domain what does not run out until april 07 with them instead of who I am with now, there prices are well off

To renew my domain with them (just the domain nothing ells no e-mail nothing)

£18 a year
£30 2 Years
£55 5 years

I've never even know about this company and I don't have a domain with them

Where could they have got my postal details from?

Lycan
04-11-2006, 12:03 AM
a whois database perhaps?

Seduced
04-11-2006, 12:16 AM
Yeh i have received them 3 times this year, and they dont expire until 12 December 07.

:LeKevin:
04-11-2006, 01:46 AM
Yeah, I got the same letter this morning, was rather confused because I havn't got a domain registered with them O.O

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!