PDA

View Full Version : How do I get slimline ps2 online? Reward!

Halop
04-11-2006, 01:55 PM
I've had enough of Runescape and computers, to play Runescape I have to come to a internet cafe so now I want to do something different. I've decided to try and go online with ps2 slimline. So I have level 87 character which I'm giving to my friend and I have 2 something million gp and alot of dragon/rune items.

If anyone has information without going onto google about how to get it online please reply.

I've got a router with 4 ethernet ports and my slimline has a ethernet network port on it already.

Whoever helps me gets all my stuff.

Thread Moved by -legoman- (Super Moderator) From "Runescape" to "Console Games" Please post in the correct section.

Kasabian
04-11-2006, 02:22 PM
Lol right.

You need an ethernet cable(see if your parents can get one from work) If not, buy one.

Then you wire it from your router(plug it in the port, next to the one for your pc) and then plug it in the back of the slimline ps2(there's only one slot it fits in..).

Load up a game that has "net work play" on it, and you will be asked to assign your routers settings. If it doesn't have a WEP key etc, just press automatic and it shall pick it up.

If you have done this correctly, you are now online.

Tom.

Axel
04-11-2006, 02:33 PM
You need the PS2 PIN to get an account online and order the ps2 online setup disc. All you need is a wire linking your ps2 to a router/hub whatever, a ps2 online account, a pin, a ps2 of course, and the disc.

Kasabian
04-11-2006, 02:38 PM
You need the PS2 PIN to get an account online and order the ps2 online setup disc. All you need is a wire linking your ps2 to a router/hub whatever, a ps2 online account, a pin, a ps2 of course, and the disc.

I didn't need a Pin.
You need a pin when you have a normal ps2(not slimline) and you have to register your ethernet network adaptor. Whereas it is built in on the slimlines.

Axel
04-11-2006, 02:44 PM
I didn't need a Pin.
You need a pin when you have a normal ps2(not slimline) and you have to register your ethernet network adaptor. Whereas it is built in on the slimlines.

I have slimline, I though you needed a PIN to register a ps2 online account?

Kasabian
04-11-2006, 02:47 PM
Nope, just plugin your ethernet cable and it should work.

mnbvjifhgtge
04-11-2006, 03:03 PM
most games will set up the connection for itself aslong as the cable with the games in. you can also send off for a network access disk from sony and youll get hardware online area and a demo disk for free

Joe!
06-11-2006, 05:10 PM
Hey anyone know the link to send off for the netwrok access disc?

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!