PDA

View Full Version : Fireworks may be fun for you..

Adam$
04-11-2006, 08:56 PM
Fireworks may be fun for you, but not for your pets.

Fireworks are fun, you may say. Of course they are, providing you use them sensibly. But have you ever considered your pets? Most pets are petrified of loud noises, such as fireworks, so I'm going to post some safety precautions you may use with your pets, so they don't get scared. :)

If you are walking your dog, do NOT walk it whilst fireworks are going off. Take it for a walk early on in the day.
Keep your pets in the house when you are setting off your fireworks. Even if you are not setting any off, be sure to keep your pet(s) indoors, as other people may be setting off fireworks.
If your pet(s) are mostly indoors, then turn on the television to reduce the noise level heard by the pet, and to make it feel asthough it is in it's home environment. If your pet is sensitive to loud noises, this is also a good measure.
Close the curtains and windows inside your house. Try and let the least amount of sound and/or light into your house.
If you have one, keep your pet in a carrier with minimum light entry (for example, a front cage door) to ensure noise and light reduction.
If your pet does get scared, do not shout at it or talk to it in a loud voice. This will simply make the pet more stressed and worried.In all, I hope you (and your pets) all have a great fireworks night!

lol, posted this last year. =]

kolopo
04-11-2006, 09:28 PM
good thread. but tbh, its weird because my dog is a total wimp, but he doesn't even flinch at the fireworks, he just stands there watching them for like a minute and then gets bored.

PS2.
14-11-2006, 02:06 AM
Nice thread. My dog isn't scared of Fireworks though. I shoot them and she chases them.

kolopo
14-11-2006, 11:48 PM
good thread. but tbh, its weird because my dog is a total wimp, but he doesn't even flinch at the fireworks, he just stands there watching them for like a minute and then gets bored.
i didn't think he was
but on the actual night he was well scared, because someone was setting them off outside right near my house. he didn't mind the normal ones, but he was terrified of the rockets coz they whoooosh lol

Shadow16
15-11-2006, 12:34 AM
Fireworks may be fun for you, but not for your pets.

Fireworks are fun, you may say. Of course they are, providing you use them sensibly. But have you ever considered your pets? Most pets are petrified of loud noises, such as fireworks, so I'm going to post some safety precautions you may use with your pets, so they don't get scared. :)

If you are walking your dog, do NOT walk it whilst fireworks are going off. Take it for a walk early on in the day.
Keep your pets in the house when you are setting off your fireworks. Even if you are not setting any off, be sure to keep your pet(s) indoors, as other people may be setting off fireworks.
If your pet(s) are mostly indoors, then turn on the television to reduce the noise level heard by the pet, and to make it feel asthough it is in it's home environment. If your pet is sensitive to loud noises, this is also a good measure.
Close the curtains and windows inside your house. Try and let the least amount of sound and/or light into your house.
If you have one, keep your pet in a carrier with minimum light entry (for example, a front cage door) to ensure noise and light reduction.
If your pet does get scared, do not shout at it or talk to it in a loud voice. This will simply make the pet more stressed and worried.In all, I hope you (and your pets) all have a great fireworks night!

lol, posted this last year. =]

True,

But my dog doesn't seem to bother about fireworks to be honest hes just acts his normal self.

But my uncles dogs hated fireworks they would go crazy whenever one when off felt, ashame seeing them in distress because of the fireworks going off near by not even just on fireworks night..

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!