PDA

View Full Version : [Bobba] New method of Hacking via MSN

Hecktix
04-11-2006, 10:06 PM
The New MSN Plus has a Script Editor. This means you can write a script to practically do anything, usually used to steal DPs etc.

I think the person doing this is REALLY clever and has found a way to steal passwords via a flaw in the MSN encryption. Then using your Habbo Name they reset your password... they don't need your date of birth due to a flaw in Habbo's System (I don't fully understand this flaw, ask Just-One) So they wait for the email (which is now automated so it comes quickly) take the password, delete the email from your inbox AND trash box. And voila they have your Habbo account AND email and MSN.

Ways to avoid this are:
Use a different email for Habbo than what you use for MSN.
Use a different email service I.E Yahoo, or maybe Habbox VIP mail, googlemail etc for your email and create a NetPassport with that email, but use a DIFFERENT password for your email account and your NetPassport. However you should be safe if you use a different email for Habbo than MSN. And then the obvious thing to keep your private emails safe just incase your MSN gets hacked but you have done the above, change your password regularly.
NOTE. If you think someone on MSN is not being their usual self. Contact them on the Forum and ask them if they were on MSN at the certain time. This method of hacking does NOT enable the hacker to get your HabboxForum account password, unless your email is the same of course. So use a different email for Habbo & Habbox than MSN.

Also, this does not only concern Hotmail. My account got hacked in the same way two weeks ago, and I use Googlemail. The answer is, use a different email for Habbo(x) than your MSN.

-Wolverine
04-11-2006, 10:20 PM
Mmh, that's probably how I got hacked a while back.

Hecktix
04-11-2006, 10:30 PM
It is only a theory however we couldn't think of any other explanations when Nixt and : Soph got hacked after speaking to people on MSN.

Kotu
05-11-2006, 02:19 AM
That's why it's best to use a 'secret' email address - one you keep to yourself, and no one knows of - with websites you feel are important to you and ones where you feel the information you submit or recieve should stay secure as possible.

I'd never in a million years reccomend people use their MSN or Hotmail handles when registering to ANY website - it simply isn't safe, just think about how many people probably know your MSN/Hotmail address? It isn't hard to 'crack' into another persons MSN/Hotmail account, as we're all well aware.

At least if you use a secret email address for personal things, all you're going to lose is a list of contacts if your Hotmail is compromised (a list which you can back-up, and import again ;)) rather than say, access to your online banking!

lScottl
05-11-2006, 10:22 AM
I think msn should get off there butt and make msn safer!

DJ Dut Chat
05-11-2006, 10:24 AM
yeah a big company like msn should know better than flaws :P

lScottl
05-11-2006, 11:02 AM
Only people I have on there - very good friends :)

Nixt
05-11-2006, 11:04 AM
Only people I have on there - very good friends :)

I only had good friends too ^_^ but their account got accessed - so it didn't make a difference.
It wasn't anyone I added to my list.

--ss--
05-11-2006, 11:07 AM
simply jsut dont add anyone on msn you dont know :] luckily for me i stopped using msn a few months ago due to it not working :[

lScottl
05-11-2006, 11:07 AM
Made new e-mail adress, which I will use for habbo only! :)

Nixt
05-11-2006, 11:08 AM
Made new e-mail adress, which I will use for habbo only! :)

That's what I have done now :)

lScottl
05-11-2006, 11:12 AM
I have 2 questions

1. Will anything that habbo sends be sent to my new e-mail adress?

2. And now if my msn is hacked they wont get my habbo password?

Charlie
05-11-2006, 11:15 AM
I would say its better to use a completely different email address for websites to the one you use on msn. Saves anything being hacked then right?

--ss--
05-11-2006, 11:16 AM
in your old email theres an email askign to verify you want to change emails ;)
i just asked a mod is their away to recover my DOB , they said to use the help tool :/

lScottl
05-11-2006, 11:18 AM
I got tht e-mail. It said to ignore that e-mail if i wanted the e-mail change to occur :o

--ss--
05-11-2006, 11:20 AM
I got tht e-mail. It said to ignore that e-mail if i wanted the e-mail change to occur :o
oh maybe it is ignore, delte it so hackers dont see :p

Nixt
05-11-2006, 11:24 AM
I have 2 questions

1. Yes
2. No :)

Your account should now be safe.

sarey
05-11-2006, 12:23 PM
>.< Happened to me.
Thanks to nixt, i got it back!

brandon
05-11-2006, 12:28 PM
wow, these scripts must be dodgy. I have them but I don't use my account for anything really, it's my msn account which I've never actually used to email xD

Axel
05-11-2006, 12:29 PM
I know how to steal DP's

Print screen button. -.-

Hecktix
05-11-2006, 12:33 PM
I have 2 questions

1) If you have changed emails you will get a confirmation email to your old email, confirm it is correct and then DELETE IT.
2) No you won't get hacked via this method

I would say its better to use a completely different email address for websites to the one you use on msn. Saves anything being hacked then right?

Precisely.

I know how to steal DP's

Print screen button. -.-

Lol. The Script steals it from the person and automatically puts it as your picture. So less work, unless you're the guy who wrote the script.

My Friend Says:

Stuff like this makes you think, it always seems that when the Internet is involved, there is always a way to get round something.

lScottl
05-11-2006, 12:43 PM
Thanks for the imformation Hecktix +rep

Pyroka
05-11-2006, 01:15 PM
Wow im quite shocked by that, i wouldnt think that MSN would be a kind of a security flaw for getting passwords. Very suprising. X_x Good find/info +rep.

Hecktix
05-11-2006, 01:19 PM
As I keep saying. It is only a theory. However we can't see any other explanation that makes sense.

sarey
05-11-2006, 01:33 PM
Its happening again!!!!!!!!!!!! >.<
Gonna kill whoever is doing this.

Lozzoling
05-11-2006, 02:01 PM
poor rich :(

Lozzoling
05-11-2006, 02:08 PM
or maybe they add you on msn, ask you your secret question, get into ur hotmail then send an e-mail to habbo saying you forgot your password, etc etc

Nixt (Forum Moderator) Please do not double post while you can still edit your previous post.

Hecktix
05-11-2006, 03:25 PM
We are talking about quite intelligent people here... I doubt Nixt would give out the answer to his secret question

Nixt
05-11-2006, 03:27 PM
My secret questions are just as random as my passwords - so it almost certainly wasn't that.

Yggdrasill
05-11-2006, 05:21 PM
Another reason not to use MSN.

Dan2nd
05-11-2006, 05:55 PM
yeah a big company like msn should know better than flaws :P

I think msn and hotmail is actually owned by Microsoft ( thats why they have made windows livemail beta)

Hecktix
05-11-2006, 08:05 PM
MSN = Microsoft Network lolol.

And yes Microsoft shouldnt have flaws as they are such a big company.

But then MSN IS free.

vibrant
05-11-2006, 08:10 PM
Hmm I don't really care.
I don't use habbo and I'm gmail so im okay. :}

Hecktix
05-11-2006, 09:10 PM
I'm Gmail too. But My Net Passport pass is different to my email. So they got my msn but nothing else. Fools.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!