PDA

View Full Version : Saddam is sentanced to DEATH!

Yoshimitsui
05-11-2006, 10:40 AM
Former Iraqi dictator Saddam Hussein has been sentenced to death by hanging.

The ex-president, who was deposed in the US-led invasion three years ago, was convicted of crimes against humanity by a court in Baghdad.

The charges relate to the killing of 148 Shias in the village of Dujail in 1982. Saddam's trial heard that he ordered the slaughter in revenge for an assassination attempt.

Sectarian tensions have been running high in Iraq in the run-up to the hearing, with a major security clampdown in force.

A 12-hour curfew imposed in Baghdad and three other provinces - including Salahuddin, which contains Saddam's home town of Tikrit.

The reaction in Iraq to the news will be watched closely around the world including in the US where mid-term elections are just two days away.

As the verdict was delivered a visibly shaken Hussein shouted "God is great" and "Life for the glorious nation, and death to its enemies"

His half brother Barzan Ibrahim and Awad Hamed al-Bandar, the head of Iraq's former Revolutionary Court, were also sentenced to death by hanging for their part in the killings.

Former Vice President Taha Yassin Ramadan was convicted of murder and given a life term, while three other defendants were convicted of murder and torture and sentenced to up to 15 years in prison. One defendant was acquitted for lack of evidence.

Hussein's defence team had said they were expecting a death sentence before the hearing in Baghdad's heavily fortified Green Zone, and are apparently preparing an appeal. He still faces further trials over a number of other alleged crimes.

Theses are the words of msn news.

Blinger1
05-11-2006, 10:47 AM
Wow... how do they kill people these days? By hanging them or by shooting them?

-Wolverine
05-11-2006, 10:50 AM
Is he going to die in the US or Iraq, where the people can do whatever they want to him?

Yoshimitsui
05-11-2006, 10:51 AM
I fink they are hanging him in the US.

Blinger1
05-11-2006, 10:54 AM
for more information go here:

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=92527

liquid
05-11-2006, 10:56 AM
good :)

Simmzay
05-11-2006, 10:57 AM
U.S is allowed to hang people? Note the passage "trying him in Iraq". Probably going to happen there.

Blinger1
05-11-2006, 10:58 AM
A visibly shaken Saddam Hussein was found guilty of crimes against humanity and sentenced to hang on Sunday at a lightning session of the US-backed court trying him in Baghdad.

Two other senior aides, including his half-brother Barzan al-Tikriti, will also hang if their automatic appeals fail. His former vice-president was sentenced to life in prison and three minor Baath party officials received long sentences.

Baghdad's Shi'ite-led government welcomed the verdict.

"This is the least Saddam deserved," Ali al-Dabbagh, spokesman for Prime Minister Nuri al-Maliki, told Reuters.

advertisement
At first refusing to stand before the judge, the 69-year-old ousted president, who has defiantly defended killing and torturing Shi'ite opponents, eventually rose shakily to his feet in the dock to hear the verdict and sentence read out.

As chief judge Raouf Abdul Rahman spoke, Saddam, his hands clenched behind his back, almost succeeded in drowning him out, yelling the Muslim battle cry of "Allahu Akbar!" (God is Greatest) and "Long Live Iraq!".

"The court has decided to sentence Saddam Hussein al-Majid to be hanged until he is dead for crimes against humanity," the judge said, ignoring a plea made by Saddam earlier in the trial that he should face a military firing squad, not the noose.

Abdul Rahman, prompted by the defence lawyers, ordered one of the guards around Saddam out of court for chewing gum and apparently laughing at the condemned man.

After more than a year of proceedings in the case involving the deaths of more than 148 Shi'ite men from the town of Dujail, there was little left to be said. Like his co-accused, Saddam was led away by guards after hearing his sentence.

After just 45 minutes, Abdul Rahman wound up proceedings.

There was sporadic celebratory gunfire in Baghdad, notably from areas where the long oppressed Shi'ite majority live.

Maliki had called for calm in rejoicing but also said Saddam should get "what he deserves".

His government has been criticised for interfering in the case - notably by the first chief judge, who quit. Abdul Rahman's first act in court on Sunday was to eject former U.S. attorney general Ramsey Clark after the veteran legal campaigner sent him a note describing the trial as a "mockery of justice".

The Iraqi High Tribunal also handed down death sentences to former revolutionary chief judge Awad Hamed al-Bander and to Saddam's half brother and former intelligence chief Barzan Ibrahim al-Tikriti. Former Iraqi vice president Taha Yassin Ramadan was sentenced to life in prison.

The fourth minor Baath party official from Dujail was acquitted on the prosecutor's request for lack of evidence.

The charges stemmed from the killing of 148 Shi'ite men in Dujail after an assassination attempt against Saddam in 1982.

A death sentence or life imprisonment generates an automatic appeal, delaying any execution by months at least.

As Shi'ites and Kurds began celebrations across Iraq, Malcolm Smart of human rights watchdog Amnesty International, said: "We deplore the verdict of the death penalty.

that was on ninemsn.com.au

Yoshimitsui
05-11-2006, 11:01 AM
U.S is allowed to hang people? Note the passage "trying him in Iraq". Probably going to happen there.

Im not sure if they can hang people, but i doubt it will be done in Iraq because that will create WW3.

Blinger1
05-11-2006, 11:01 AM
maybe not.

After just 45 minutes, Abdul Rahman wound up proceedings.

There was sporadic celebratory gunfire in Baghdad, notably from areas where the long oppressed Shi'ite majority live.

Eamonn
05-11-2006, 11:23 AM
Good riddance.

English
05-11-2006, 11:27 AM
What a joyous day:) Should have been done a long time ago but better late than never!

Plank
05-11-2006, 11:29 AM
Im not sure if they can hang people, but i doubt it will be done in Iraq because that will create WW3.
he is going to be hanged, and why will it create a ww3??

Yoshimitsui
05-11-2006, 11:31 AM
he is going to be hanged, and why will it create a ww3??

Because of all the people who still suport him and they will make massive terror plots against the UK and US again.

Wootzeh
05-11-2006, 11:46 AM
Because of all the people who still suport him and they will make massive terror plots against the UK and US again.
If there's going to be a WW3, It's going to be with North Korea.

Yoshimitsui
05-11-2006, 11:52 AM
O rite why North korea.

Wootzeh
05-11-2006, 11:53 AM
O rite why North korea.
Do you watch the news?

cocaine
05-11-2006, 11:54 AM
Theres a lot of things that could start a war these days.

SimplyTech
05-11-2006, 12:01 PM
Yep like -rep tht will defintly start ww3
to avert ww3, +rep post no #19

DiscoPat
05-11-2006, 12:35 PM
They can't hang him in the US because the death charge there is just all life prison, they cant hang him in Iraq because alot of groups will Rescue him

Tash.
05-11-2006, 12:59 PM
I thought the US were more intelligent than this. Its obviously going to make hostility to the US and other countries soldiers in Iraq worse. Plus, why should he get away without suffering? He should just be thrown in jail, chuck away the key. Thats true suffering. I just think its a bit hypocritical to kill someone for killing others. Oh and if they kill him in Iraq thats just un-neccessary agrivation. There would be uproar.

Eamonn
05-11-2006, 01:02 PM
Oohh WW3 would be harsh, it would be a nuclear war and wipe out millions, or so I heard :p.

Yoshimitsui
05-11-2006, 01:06 PM
Yes, you would proberbly see the end of the world

sarey
05-11-2006, 01:07 PM
Hurray, kill him with pain! >.<

Bah, if WW3 happens, im definetely moving to space.

sim
05-11-2006, 01:08 PM
I thought the US were more intelligent than this. Its obviously going to make hostility to the US and other countries soldiers in Iraq worse. Plus, why should he get away without suffering? He should just be thrown in jail, chuck away the key. Thats true suffering. I just think its a bit hypocritical to kill someone for killing others. Oh and if they kill him in Iraq thats just un-neccessary agrivation. There would be uproar.

He was trialed under Iraq Law.

Not the US law.

The US want him in Jail not dead.

He will be Hanged within 30 unless he wishes to appeal.

Tash.
05-11-2006, 01:13 PM
He was trialed under Iraq Law.

Not the US law.

The US want him in Jail not dead.

He will be Hanged within 30 unless he wishes to appeal.

Ok, scrap what I just said then, well the most of it. But, in any case, the extremists who are still blowing themselves up in Iraq almost daily, won't concern themselves with the facts. This will agrivate them, and they will continue to kill more and more innocent people everyday until it turns into a full on civil war.

Yoshimitsui
05-11-2006, 01:17 PM
Yes. They are better off jailing him, like me and other have allready said mainly the UK & US are going to see the death of thousands of more people before this sea's its end.

sim
05-11-2006, 01:19 PM
Ok, scrap what I just said then, well the most of it. But, in any case, the extremists who are still blowing themselves up in Iraq almost daily, won't concern themselves with the facts. This will agrivate them, and they will continue to kill more and more innocent people everyday until it turns into a full on civil war.

True :D Sorry I hope I didn't sound mean. I always do apparantley.

Plank
05-11-2006, 01:19 PM
They can't hang him in the US because the death charge there is just all life prison, they cant hang him in Iraq because alot of groups will Rescue him

Yes, you would proberbly see the end of the world

people won't be able to rescue him... and i doubt we would see the end of the world and i dont think this will create a ww3.. its not gonna create nothing worse than the war with iraq now..

Yoshimitsui
05-11-2006, 01:28 PM
True maybe, but you never know these days!

Ostinato
05-11-2006, 01:34 PM
Personally I think he deserved the death penalty. Iraq were all against him until he was gone, then all of a sudden he was some sort of God. I think their forgetting he actually tortured anyone who spoke out against him and the fact that he gassed a part of his own nation? :rolleyes:

This most likely will cause some further problems worldwide, but to be honest - I think it's worth it. He has been sentenced to death for taking the life of over 180 other peoples lives, therefore he shouldn't be given the luxury and chance to even sit and rott in a prison.

edible
05-11-2006, 02:18 PM
He deserves it :[ I wanna kill him [:

Ostinato
05-11-2006, 02:22 PM
He deserves it :[ I wanna kill him [:

Lol well you don't need to - someone else is gonna for you!

edible
05-11-2006, 02:23 PM
Yeh but I want to :[ Why cant they like do what they did to Jesus.
And let the whole world attack him?? :[

liquid
05-11-2006, 02:28 PM

er since when did they let the whole world attack jesus?

hindu
05-11-2006, 02:29 PM
;l are you sure you're 17, cos if you are I recommend you take R.E again

and good

Ostinato
05-11-2006, 02:30 PM

Lol because this is the 21st century darling.

What happened to Jesus didn't get him 'hated' or 'attacked' anyway. He's now one of the most worshipped and loved people ever, if not the.

Saddam doesn't deserve it. He should siply be killed and be done with.

-Soph-
05-11-2006, 02:57 PM
Hanging?

I would of thought they'd kill him some other way..
Even though hes a terrible person I still think they should just give him the lethal injection and get it over and done with.

Roxas
05-11-2006, 03:49 PM
Hmmmm.... So there is justice in this world then? Personally I think he deserves it for all that he has done.

exploit
05-11-2006, 03:49 PM
I thought in the US they gassed people, oh well good tbh.

Desjardens
05-11-2006, 04:00 PM
He's being Hanged *THATS PROPER ENGLISH* rather then Leathal Injection

OmgAMark
05-11-2006, 04:46 PM
They took their time on this one didnt they? 1800 counts of homocide and it took them a year to figure it out?

Neversoft
05-11-2006, 04:46 PM
Yeah, heard this on the radio.
Good riddance.

RedStratocas
05-11-2006, 04:53 PM
Wow... how do they kill people these days? By hanging them or by shooting them?

Lethal injection. Shuts down the organs, apparently painless.

They took their time on this one didnt they? 1800 counts of homocide and it took them a year to figure it out?

180. And all these cases take an extremely long time.

Yggdrasill
05-11-2006, 05:01 PM
If they want me to hang him, I will be more then happy to do so :D

alexxxxx
05-11-2006, 05:11 PM
I found it funny when people said he'd be hanged in th US. He's being tried by IRAQ, not the USA.

He doesn't deserve death. He should rot in a dungeon cell, it'd be worse.

GommeInc
05-11-2006, 05:25 PM
I am fascinated by this idea of WW3. Why would the whole world attack each other over one man? Iraq is a small country, it doesn't need the whole world to attack it and why would it start another World War? Iraq is calming I think lately, obviously still bombs and murders going off, but I can't see the whole of Iraq killing outsiders... Half of them actually like the British and American troops, and some of the other half want them out.

summer
05-11-2006, 05:35 PM
good riddance tbh.

Demynx
05-11-2006, 05:51 PM
Why does every one think of WWIII is gunna happen? HUMANS ARE BETTER THAN THIS! I would also like to add that Saddam throne in jail will cause an uproar to his followers, sentencng him to death, i dunno what happens.

scubadiva
05-11-2006, 05:52 PM
In the USA, they use lethal injection, which shuts down the organs painlessly. That's what they consider the death sentence.

But he was tried in IRAQ, so he'll die in Iraq. And I think a few seconds of hanging is probably worse than suffering for years, I mean, it won't be long before he dies of natural causes anyway, he's not exactly young.

This is kind of off the point, but I found out the other day that you can still get the death sentence in England for treason (i.e an attempt on the life of a member of the royal family)

Hecktix
05-11-2006, 05:55 PM
He deserves more suffering than hanging. I think people should be able to line up and stick pins in him while he is hanging.

It is SLIGHTY coincidental that Iraq is in US Control really (yes yes there is an iraqi government but I BET YOU Bush dictates it..) And isnt there an ELECTION in the US soon?

Dan2nd
05-11-2006, 06:01 PM
I think killing him is bad... wouldn't it be a worse punishment in jail where he can watch his country being torn away from him but no instead we're going to put him out of his misery and kill him ...

James!
05-11-2006, 06:02 PM
And let the whole world attack him?? :[God you're stupid.

It should be filmed and put on TV, but I would personally rather him rot in jail.

JamesRouale
05-11-2006, 06:02 PM
I think the death sentence does not serve as a punishment for the death and destruction caused by Saddam Hussein. He should be sentenced to life, in a maximum security prison and live a life of unknown hell.

The death sentence lasts for approximately 5 - 10 seconds, and to some it may come as a relief.

Therefore I believe this is an un-justice and he should be re-sentenced.

Frodo13.
05-11-2006, 06:12 PM
This is kind of off the point, but I found out the other day that you can still get the death sentence in England for treason (i.e an attempt on the life of a member of the royal family)

Ive heard that before too. I think he deserves it. He obviously seems more scared of death then prision. People who are saying 'put him in prison', would you have wanted Hitler thrown in prison (which had already been in before becoming leader of Germany) or killed for killing aproxamatly 5mil Jews, and 1mil gays, gypsees, black people, oposing polotitions andthe disabled?

Choise would be easy for me...

Hecktix
05-11-2006, 06:18 PM
Yeah but i'm sure Iraqi Jails are more full than ours.
It would cost money for him to be kept in Jail.

Jack.
05-11-2006, 06:34 PM
Good. He deserves to die.

RedStratocas
05-11-2006, 06:38 PM
He deserves more suffering than hanging. I think people should be able to line up and stick pins in him while he is hanging.

It is SLIGHTY coincidental that Iraq is in US Control really (yes yes there is an iraqi government but I BET YOU Bush dictates it..) And isnt there an ELECTION in the US soon?

Yeah, on Tuesday. I am extremely nervous about the election actually.

VanHalen
05-11-2006, 06:44 PM
He doesn't deserve to be hanged. He should be left out to die slowly...crussifiction springs to mind. Or tortured to death.

brandon
05-11-2006, 06:46 PM
Yeah he should be left in jail and tortured.

GommeInc
05-11-2006, 06:59 PM
It may just be me, but I feel that he should be left in jail, not tortured, not killed. Just jailed, like a normal person. Killing him and torturing him makes you just as bad as him. Personally, I would like him just to live the rest of his life in jail.

VanHalen
05-11-2006, 07:03 PM
It may just be me, but I feel that he should be left in jail, not tortured, not killed. Just jailed, like a normal person. Killing him and torturing him makes you just as bad as him. Personally, I would like him just to live the rest of his life in jail.

Imprisonment means they get away with it with their life. If you take someone's life yours should be taken too.

sl4rt is banned
05-11-2006, 07:03 PM
Personally i think he shouldnt get a death penalty.

Because were all moaning that he killed people and thats why hes in court for killings etc, so we will be just as bad really. and dont say "YEAH WELL HE KILLED MORE SO HE SHOULD DIE!!!" a death is a death.

I think he should be put life in prison [not the stupid 20-25 years max like some judges do] LIFE untill he dies he should stay in prison. Dont starve him but dont over feed him give him a small dose of food each day.

Who agrees with me ?:D

Tash.
05-11-2006, 07:05 PM
Imprisonment means they get away with it with their life. If you take someone's life yours should be taken too.

He's taken hundereds maybe thousands of lives, we can't kill him that many times. Best thing to do is just to shove him in prison, not kill him, he's gonna become a 'martyr' to those who still follow him. Plus, as some people are saying, you kill him you're just as bad as he is.

boyslikegirls
05-11-2006, 07:05 PM
tbh i think he should have been sentenced sooner.

VanHalen
05-11-2006, 07:06 PM
He's taken hundereds maybe thousands of lives, we can't kill him that many times. Best thing to do is just to shove him in prison, not kill him, he's gonna become a 'matyr' to those who still follow him.

If he's alive there's every chance he may be able to escape. Even Alcatraz couldn't hold Frank Morris and them, although they died of hypathermia.

BL!NKEY
05-11-2006, 07:10 PM
Yeah if they kill him then there is no hope for the followers to be like one day we will get him out and run the world.

It kind of hurts the morals of the suporters if he dies.

And what are you people thinking saying we are not much better then him by killing him.

The world doesnt need Sadam. You cant say the world doesnt need the innocent people he killed.

RedStratocas
05-11-2006, 07:10 PM
I think he should be sentenced the same as everyone else. Torture and humiliation would bring devistating effects. You probably dont think so, but it really does.

sarey
05-11-2006, 07:14 PM
Unleash WW3. :/
Psshtt, i hope we dont have WW3..
He deserves death, and if his butt monkeys dont see that, then they are as blind as bats! >.< Hence if he is sentanced to death, and WW3 happens because of it, then thats why i said that. ;]

boyslikegirls
05-11-2006, 07:16 PM
i dno if iran supported iraq or not.

but i heard they are producing nuclear weapons.

VanHalen
05-11-2006, 07:17 PM
Unleash WW3. :/
Psshtt, i hope we dont have WW3..
He deserves death, and if his butt monkeys dont see that, then they are as blind as bats! >.< Hence if he is sentanced to death, and WW3 happens because of it, then thats why i said that. ;]

There will enver be a WW3. We're too modern for that. It will either be something like Nuclear war over weapons of mass distruction, Wars on Terrorism or even Fossil Fuels wars when the fuels get scarce.

GommeInc
05-11-2006, 07:17 PM
Personally i think he shouldnt get a death penalty.

Because were all moaning that he killed people and thats why hes in court for killings etc, so we will be just as bad really. and dont say "YEAH WELL HE KILLED MORE SO HE SHOULD DIE!!!" a death is a death.

I think he should be put life in prison [not the stupid 20-25 years max like some judges do] LIFE untill he dies he should stay in prison. Dont starve him but dont over feed him give him a small dose of food each day.

Who agrees with me ?:D
I agree with you. You basically summed it all up.

Taking thousands of lives is one thing, but you can only take one persons life once. You may aswell leave him to live the rest of his life in jail, surely that is good enough? No contact with the outside world, nothing. Other than food, the loo, the showers, sleep and perhalds the odd word with the prison guard.

Taking his life would just show the world that whoever wants him dead probably would be more like to do the same if they were in his boots and drummed into killing. Yes, it does sound strange. But saying things like "Putting pins into him, starve him, kick him, slap him, lock him away" just shows me that if you were in charge with someone who has angered you and you could have your wicked way with them, however you please, you would happily kill them. Look at your words people and see who else is capable of brutally murdering someone ;)

brandon
05-11-2006, 07:18 PM
No doubt it will be another saddam look-a-like.

sarey
05-11-2006, 07:18 PM
Err.. please dont do that world... (A)

Seriously though, he killed thousands, he should be tortured.

-Soph-
05-11-2006, 07:19 PM
Really, I think touturing him is a little out of order, I agree with every single one of you here saying that hes a terrible, horrible disgusting person, but come on, we live in the 21st century?

GommeInc
05-11-2006, 07:20 PM
Err.. please dont do that world... (A)

Seriously though, he killed thousands, he should be tortured.
Uh huh, and you would probably gladly do it I am guessing? If given the chance?

Really, I think touturing him is a little out of order, I agree with every single one of you here saying that hes a terrible, horrible disgusting person, but come on, we live in the 21st century?
We have alot of members on this forum who come from the Medieval Periods.

Jackbee
05-11-2006, 07:21 PM
I think he deserved to be killed, but being hanged is a little to much in my opinion

-Soph-
05-11-2006, 07:22 PM
Uh huh, and you would probably gladly do it I am guessing? If given the chance?

We have alot of members on this forum who come from the Medieval Periods.

It sure sounds like it!

VanHalen
05-11-2006, 07:24 PM
But sometimes we should assort to medievil ways of killing to give him what he deserves.

sarey
05-11-2006, 07:29 PM
I wouldnt do it actually..
but okay, hanging is a bit OTT, i think he should either be imprisoned, for life, or lethal injection..

GommeInc
05-11-2006, 07:31 PM
But sometimes we should assort to medievil ways of killing to give him what he deserves.
Or show him that he isn't the only one out there who can murder? Or capable of murder?

I suppose maybe lethal injection is ok, if he was meant to stay in prison until he dies. But if it is because he killed people and for the sheer reason he should have the same, then no, he does not deserve the injection either.

Keep him in jail is what I shall stand by.

VanHalen
I wouldnt do it actually..
but okay, hanging is a bit OTT, i think he should either be imprisoned, for life, or lethal injection..

All right how about stone him to death?

-Soph-
Imo, The death sentance is the death sentance, Give him the lethal injection and get it over with.

boyslikegirls
05-11-2006, 07:35 PM
tbh i think he should have been sentenced sooner.i will add that i dont think he should have been hanged though, life sentence to prison or injection or something, not hanged, thats ott.

VanHalen
05-11-2006, 07:37 PM
Imo, The death sentance is the death sentance, Give him the lethal injection and get it over with.

He deserves to suffer, just like all the innocent people he massacred.

sarey
All right how about stone him to death?

psht u bein sarcastic or sumfin?

-Soph-
I know that, but we live in the 21st century, Its not setting a good example if we hang him/torture etc.. imo..

sl4rt is banned
05-11-2006, 07:40 PM
Lol i can just imagine in the town him being hanged
Come on 21st century fgs just do what i said :D

Decapitated!
05-11-2006, 07:41 PM
He deserves to be beaten to death and then thrown into a building while hes still alive and then bow the bottom of the buliding up god hed deserve that.

His sould in hell is a good sight. That horrible man.

-Soph-
05-11-2006, 07:41 PM
Can't see that picture ^_^

And this is turning into quite a debate now!

Decapitated!
05-11-2006, 07:44 PM

And this is turning into quite a debate now!

Picture?

Yoshimitsui
05-11-2006, 07:44 PM
Yes it is lol, i only made it to tell people. LOL

sl4rt is banned
05-11-2006, 07:45 PM

Yeh :p i just put hanged in google pics :D then i remembered tripod dont let you [IMG] pictures... :P

GommeInc
05-11-2006, 07:45 PM
He deserves to be beaten to death and then thrown into a building while hes still alive and then bow the bottom of the buliding up god hed deserve that.

His sould in hell is a good sight. That horrible man.
Way to prove my idea of him not being the only "cruel" person. You deserve to be beaten too :rolleyes:

Decapitated!
05-11-2006, 07:47 PM
Way to prove my idea of him not being the only "cruel" person. You deserve to be beaten too :rolleyes:

;l Its basically what hes done to everyone New york is nothing without the Twin towers. I for one have been to ground zero and people still cry in new york over the tradgedie Lots of people died there and your saying that he dosent deserve it?

-Soph-
05-11-2006, 07:47 PM
What I think, is if you hang him for being cruel, the person hanging him is being cruel, Giving him the lethal injection I guess you could say is cruel, but come on, its a hell of a lot less cruel than hanging him

GommeInc
05-11-2006, 07:49 PM
He doesn't, it is just proving that he is not the only one capable of murder. New York is still something, it is still there as far as I am aware, life has gone on. Being sad for so long is a tad pointless. Yes, lots of loved ones, but you must move on...

Keep him locked up and let him die naturally is what I say. Nice and 21st, with no Medievil ways behind it.

What I think, is if you hang him for being cruel, the person hanging him is being cruel, Giving him the lethal injection I guess you could say is cruel, but come on, its a hell of a lot less cruel than hanging him
To be honest, so are the people cheering it on are being cruel. Not physically mind you, but mentally.

-Soph-
05-11-2006, 07:50 PM
But that would be taking up places in prisons which could be used for others - Prisons are full enough as it is

GommeInc
05-11-2006, 07:53 PM
Meh true. I agree with this lethal injection as long as it is just to end his life early rather than die naturally in a prison. If they do the injection purely because of him killing hundreds, then I am against it as it just does work...

Decapitated!
05-11-2006, 07:53 PM
But that would be taking up places in prisons which could be used for others - Prisons are full enough as it is

Yes and people will try and get him out he has many followers.

-Soph-
05-11-2006, 07:54 PM
Yes so I think its best to kill him.

GommeInc
05-11-2006, 07:55 PM
There is a thing as ignoring others? Besides, they cannot do it by force really. ALthough I have no idea where he is locked away. Is it the US or Iraq? Because I thought he in Cuba to begin with?

sl4rt is banned
05-11-2006, 07:57 PM
;l Its basically what hes done to everyone New york is nothing without the Twin towers.
I lol'ed at that because Sadam had nothing to do with the twin towers

edible
05-11-2006, 08:07 PM
er since when did they let the whole world attack jesus?
No i mean like how they put Jesus to a cross, but instead of letting him just stay there, let everyone do stuff to Saddam, if u understand me..
I aint thick fgs.

Dan2nd
05-11-2006, 08:09 PM
;l Its basically what hes done to everyone New york is nothing without the Twin towers. I for one have been to ground zero and people still cry in new york over the tradgedie Lots of people died there and your saying that he dosent deserve it?

Saddam had nothing to do with 9/11 that was Osama BinLaden well he glaimed it was him. Saddam actually was locked away because he poisened a whole town, Refused to give up his power and broke almost every human rights law in the book. But thats not why we went to war with Iraq oh no we went to war with them because apprently they had weapons of mass destruction which to this day we still havn't found

Yoshimitsui
05-11-2006, 08:11 PM
Yeh i second that.

He deserves some sorts of torture. How about cutting out his eyeballs

Yoshimitsui
05-11-2006, 08:13 PM
There is a thing as ignoring others? Besides, they cannot do it by force really. ALthough I have no idea where he is locked away. Is it the US or Iraq? Because I thought he in Cuba to begin with?

Yeh i second that.

He deserves some sorts of torture. How about cutting out his eyeballs

Sorry for double post ma comp went a bit cuckoo.

YouFail
05-11-2006, 08:15 PM
Not read all and sorry if somone has pointed this out. He's being hanged in the Bagdahd Gallows as it was reported on BBC.

sl4rt is banned
05-11-2006, 08:18 PM
Saddam had nothing to do with 9/11 that was Osama BinLaden well he glaimed it was him. Saddam actually was locked away because he poisened a whole town, Refused to give up his power and broke almost every human rights law in the book. But thats not why we went to war with Iraq oh no we went to war with them because apprently they had weapons of mass destruction which to this day we still havn't found
:(:( You put more detail than my post :P:D

Jessie--x
05-11-2006, 08:21 PM
As I Said To My Good Mate Scubadiva On Habbo They Should Sit Him On A Firework He Can Die There xD
Or Just Hang Him?!?

Dan2nd
05-11-2006, 08:21 PM
:(:( You put more detail than my post :P:D

Lol the forums dead there was nothing else to post :P

Plank
05-11-2006, 08:26 PM
i feel sorry for him

sl4rt is banned
05-11-2006, 08:26 PM
As I Said To My Good Mate Scubadiva On Habbo They Should Sit Him On A Firework He Can Die There xD
Or Just Hang Him?!?
No....:P

Dont abuse shift key btw :rolleyes::P

-Soph-
05-11-2006, 08:38 PM
i feel sorry for him

Oh come on, he did murder people, I can see where your coming from I suppose though.. With the hanging/torturing things.

Yoshimitsui
05-11-2006, 08:43 PM
i feel sorry for him

Omg u traitor, you might aswell join him.

GommeInc
05-11-2006, 08:47 PM
Omg u traitor, you might aswell join him.
So should you, for thinking an innocent person should die. Are you Saddam Junior?

SimplyTech
05-11-2006, 09:04 PM
Noticed the date?
Guy fawkes 2?

-:Undertaker:-
05-11-2006, 09:12 PM
Iraq under Saddam

Iraq under Saddam had water, food, security and Women were allowed to wear western clothes and had much more rights in Iraq than other countrys.

Iraq without Saddam

Iraq without Saddam has no security, roadside bombs are everywere, It's a terrorists heaven and the women have less rights now.

If Saddam is "evil" then sure to hell is George W Bush and Tony Blair, they went into an ILLEGAL INVASION, They bombed the country which Saddam had built up and they bascially turned the country into a melting pot for violence. If you see how many people have died as a result of the Iraq invasion then you'll see that Saddam isn't the criminal, Bush and Blair are.

Yoshimitsui
05-11-2006, 09:16 PM
So should you, for thinking an innocent person should die. Are you Saddam Junior?

EHHH wat u chatin i sed he should die not others, read before you type rubbish.

Hecktix
05-11-2006, 09:17 PM
Iraq under Saddam

Iraq under Saddam had water, food, security and Women were allowed to wear western clothes and had much more rights in Iraq than other countrys.

Iraq without Saddam

Iraq without Saddam has no security, roadside bombs are everywere, It's a terrorists heaven and the women have less rights now.

If Saddam is "evil" then sure to hell is George W Bush and Tony Blair, they went into an ILLEGAL INVASION, They bombed the country which Saddam had built up and they bascially turned the country into a melting pot for violence. If you see how many people have died as a result of the Iraq invasion then you'll see that Saddam isn't the criminal, Bush and Blair are.

Actually, the terrorism was just as bad if not worse before, it was just legal in them days with Saddam ruling the country. So cut the rubbish about life under Saddam being better. Saddam wasn't much bloody better than Hitler, he terrified people. Ok Bush and Blair are complete rejects. I can't stand them. But Iraq under American Control is a hell of a lot better than it was under Saddam's control.

God I hope you don't think you're gonna have a career in Politics.

05-11-2006, 09:21 PM
Actually, the terrorism was just as bad if not worse before, it was just legal in them days with Saddam ruling the country. So cut the rubbish about life under Saddam being better. Saddam wasn't much bloody better than Hitler, he terrified people. Ok Bush and Blair are complete rejects. I can't stand them. But Iraq under American Control is a hell of a lot better than it was under Saddam's control.

God I hope you don't think you're gonna have a career in Politics.

If terrorists were just as bad then, then why didn't you hear it on the news?, oh yes because there wasn't any! They were SCARED of him, Fear is how you have to rule the Middle East, you can't be nicey-nicey or or country will turn into Iraq like it is now.

USA has made Iraq a worse place, it's near civil war. Perhaps you should cut the rubbish about Saddam being as bad as Hitler which is utter rubbish.

Hecktix
05-11-2006, 09:26 PM
If terrorists were just as bad then, then why didn't you hear it on the news?, oh yes because there wasn't any! They were SCARED of him, Fear is how you have to rule the Middle East, you can't be nicey-nicey or or country will turn into Iraq like it is now.

USA has made Iraq a worse place, it's near civil war. Perhaps you should cut the rubbish about Saddam being as bad as Hitler which is utter rubbish.

The only reason it wasnt on the news is because our Government didnt want it being shown accross the country that they know Saddam is letting, maybe organising terrorist attacks accross his country to terrorise his people and the government not doing anything about it. NOW it is reported because in EVERY story you get a picture of a British or American Soldier "Standing Proud"
God you are a silly boy if you think just because something wasn't on the news it didn't happen.

05-11-2006, 09:30 PM
The only reason it wasnt on the news is because our Government didnt want it being shown accross the country that they know Saddam is letting, maybe organising terrorist attacks accross his country to terrorise his people and the government not doing anything about it. NOW it is reported because in EVERY story you get a picture of a British or American Soldier "Standing Proud"
God you are a silly boy if you think just because something wasn't on the news it didn't happen.

That is utter rubbish, Uk govenment didn't want us to know? rofl, were not the USSR you know :rolleyes:

Yes Saddam was brutal, but you have to be like that. Also the whole point of going into Iraq in the first place wasn't Saddam it was Oil, we were told lies by Parliment and the US senate about Saddam having "Nuclear Weapons" we all know now that there were no Nuclear Weapons!

I can see Iraq sliding into Civil War within the next 5 Years, If Saddam was still in power there wouldn't be any predictions that Iraq was going into Civil War.

Hecktix
05-11-2006, 09:34 PM
That is utter rubbish, Uk govenment didn't want us to know? rofl, were not the USSR you know :rolleyes:

Yes Saddam was brutal, but you have to be like that. Also the whole point of going into Iraq in the first place wasn't Saddam it was Oil, we were told lies by Parliment and the US senate about Saddam having "Nuclear Weapons" we all know now that there were no Nuclear Weapons!

I can see Iraq sliding into Civil War within the next 5 Years, If Saddam was still in power there wouldn't be any predictions that Iraq was going into Civil War.

I know what the Iraqi war was over and I do not agree with it. But what you are saying about Saddam is INCORRECT.
I'm not even going to argue with you it's not worth losing my job over a follower of the BNP

05-11-2006, 09:38 PM
I know what the Iraqi war was over and I do not agree with it. But what you are saying about Saddam is INCORRECT.
I'm not even going to argue with you it's not worth losing my job over a follower of the BNP

Sorry it's correct.

You won't lose your job for Discussing something and I don't follow the BNP on everything, but I follow them on Britain first, leave EU and immagration. BNP aren't Politcally correct unlike Labour, and the new Conservaties :rolleyes:

I hope Saddam appeals against this US-Controlled "Iraqi" court and hopefully, wins.

Nixt
05-11-2006, 09:39 PM
I am not going to read the whole thread, my uncle's internet is too slow to cope :p.

I must say, in my opinion - he deserved it. Oh and Mr. -:Undertaker:-, no offence, but what you are saying is scary - if Saddam was so good, why were the majority of Iraqi people happy when he was overthrown.
Admittedly, it isn't great now... but it almost certainly wasn't looking good with Saddam Hussein running the country.

::d4nnyt::
05-11-2006, 09:42 PM
Yes Saddam was brutal, but you have to be like that

You really have no idea what he was capable of. So please shut up, Hitler.

Hecktix
Yeah. Why did they throw PARTIES when that statue got dragged to the floor?

I am not going to read the whole thread, my uncle's internet is too slow to cope :p.

I must say, in my opinion - he deserved it. Oh and Mr. -:Undertaker:-, no offence, but what you are saying is scary - if Saddam was so good, why were the majority of Iraqi people happy when he was overthrown.
Admittedly, it isn't great now... but it almost certainly wasn't looking good with Saddam Hussein running the country.

I used to think Iraq was better now. until I relised Iraq is getting worse each day, Sure Saddam was brutal but he wasn't as brutal as Iraq is today.

Also the Middle East never really looks good :P

Danny: Yes I have an Idea what Saddam was capable of in 2001+ = Nothing, his army was gone and his weapons were old.

Hecktix: Ovisouly people hate other people, same happens everwere, lot's of people hate Bush. and the Iraqis are starting to wake up and relise that what the Americans promised (A safe democracy) isn't going to happen for a hell of a long time.

Hecktix
05-11-2006, 09:44 PM
Nor do many countries. Lol at D4nnyt.

Nixt
05-11-2006, 09:48 PM
I used to think Iraq was better now. until I relised Iraq is getting worse each day, Sure Saddam was brutal but he wasn't as brutal as Iraq is today.

Also the Middle East never really looks good :P

Indeed - it's not great! Give it time, and perhaps it will improve, may be it won't!

The fact is, Saddam was not a good leader; one of the reasons we went in was to stop the repression he had caused. You say there are problems there today, which indeed there are... but at least there is a chance of things getting better now (with a democracy etc.) whereas before there wasn't. Those that were born there were doomed to a life under a dictator; now they are not.

Sorry if I am not making much sense... I am tired.

::d4nnyt::
05-11-2006, 09:50 PM
Yes Saddam was brutal, but you have to be like that.

I don't even think brutal comes close to it.

05-11-2006, 09:56 PM
Indeed - it's not great! Give it time, and perhaps it will improve, may be it won't!

The fact is, Saddam was not a good leader; one of the reasons we went in was to stop the repression he had caused. You say there are problems there today, which indeed there are... but at least there is a chance of things getting better now (with a democracy etc.) whereas before there wasn't. Those that were born there were doomed to a life under a dictator; now they are not.

Yeah he wasn't great, but better than it is now, I doubt Iraq will ever recover, A new dicator will probley get in eventually and let's hope to god that he's not going to be like Iran's president who wants to Nuke us all!

I don't even think brutal comes close to it.

Iraq is now more brutal than it ever was, also on your last post were you told me to shut up - No it's a forum and if you can't deal with my opinions or debate without telling someone to shut up then please leave.

Also thanks for the -Rep Danny, I'd love to know what you'd do to people in r/l if they had a different opinion to yours..

GommeInc
05-11-2006, 10:08 PM
EHHH wat u chatin i sed he should die not others, read before you type rubbish.
You said he might aswell join Saddam, twit.

RedStratocas
05-11-2006, 10:10 PM

It wasent that bad under Saddam. Its politically incorrect to say it, but its true. There are many worse leaders all over the world.

boyslikegirls
05-11-2006, 10:15 PM
Iraq under Saddam

Iraq without Saddam

lol.

about the security part and stuff you are right, but saddam was not a good leader. he killed hundreds of innocent people. How is that a good leader?

^.^
05-11-2006, 10:16 PM
the us still believe in capital punishment so yes they can do that.

-Wolverine
05-11-2006, 10:16 PM
It wasent that bad under Saddam. Its politically incorrect to say it, but its true. There are many worse leaders all over the world.
Yeah, like Kim Jong Il, I saw a documentary on North Korea the other day, wow, life really is terrible there.

RedStratocas
05-11-2006, 10:31 PM
Yeah, like Kim Jong Il, I saw a documentary on North Korea the other day, wow, life really is terrible there.

Haha, I know, but the funny thing is, is that the people there don't know it. Theyre cut off from the outside world, theyre told their country is great. Its kinda like something from a movie.

boyslikegirls
05-11-2006, 10:34 PM
Haha, I know, but the funny thing is, is that the people there don't know it. Theyre cut off from the outside world, theyre told their country is great. Its kinda like something from a movie.
its like that movie with jim carey in it.
the truman show i thinkkk.

and lol wolverine i was about ready to post that.

RedStratocas
05-11-2006, 10:36 PM
its like that movie with jim carey in it.
the truman show i thinkkk.

and lol wolverine i was about ready to post that.

The Truman Show is great, haha. But it isnt really like that because life inside was pretty much the same as outside.

boyslikegirls
05-11-2006, 10:43 PM
The Truman Show is great, haha. But it isnt really like that because life inside was pretty much the same as outside.i was going at the fact that you arent able to get media outside your country. :]

RedStratocas
05-11-2006, 10:47 PM
i was going at the fact that you arent able to get media outside your country. :]

Oh, yeah. That part is simmilar.

-Wolverine
05-11-2006, 10:51 PM
Yeah but now more and more people are starting to recognize how crap it is there, because some people from China are sneaking in and giving the North Korean people copies of documentaries of the outside world..

simon!
06-11-2006, 12:22 PM
They shouldn't just hang him yknow, or torture him. I think they should leave him to rot in jail, limited food, limited water, the occasional kick or smack I don't mind but it's a cowards way out by hanging him, they should just kill him mentally not physically :]

DCeption
06-11-2006, 10:22 PM
Hes getting of lucky if you ask me.

Yoshimitsui
06-11-2006, 10:25 PM
Hes getting of lucky if you ask me.

How? Because he wont feel the pain by been hanged?

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!